• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair |OT|

Sagitario

Alright guys, so I started feeling productive, and when that happens I can't sleep. So, may I present, avatars! :D

XKpmB.png
suv26.png
cRVjz.png

jlxNX.png
WHJkg.png
9rRkg.png

XTzXH.png
ckt6t.png
215H5.png

Gs6dt.png
JB2qj.png

Feel free to use any of them, CVHD-GAF! :D

Is there any hi-res of this?

Ill Saint

Is the online for this game active at all? I just bought it on PSN, and can't find any teams. Obviously I'm just starting out and have bugger all equipment. Can't beat first stage boss!

Ill Saint

OK, after creating and finding a few co-op sessions, I don't really know what to make of this. In all of them I was pretty much jumping around like a noob moron while the other guys plowed through the level and killed the boss within a few minutes.

The last game I was in was hard mode, and I died in the first room after taking a few hits, and spent the whole time as a skeleton getting killed over and over trying to... I don't even know what. Not impressed.

Ra1den

OK, after creating and finding a few co-op sessions, I don't really know what to make of this. In all of them I was pretty much jumping around like a noob moron while the other guys plowed through the level and killed the boss within a few minutes.

The last game I was in was hard mode, and I died in the first room after taking a few hits, and spent the whole time as a skeleton getting killed over and over trying to... I don't even know what. Not impressed.

Maybe this is a situation of the game being good online only if you got in when it originally released.

Ill Saint

Had co-op with 5 others. They all made it to the boss before me, and I ended up being locked out of the fight behind some blue barriers. Only thing I could do was watch as they tried and subsequently failed to beat the thing. What's up with that?

I'll take the Julius avy since Shanynay is taken. Ohh, if anyone is down to play some games later today just PM me or send me a message on PSN since I think I added some here. Or it might have been on 360. My GT is spyhunterzero since I don't have my 360 anymore.

tsab

I bought the game during PSN Sales. I tried it 2 times solo. God it's so difficult/ a lot of grinding. Is there a psn gaf community for this game? I am a noob on this :(

I bought the game during PSN Sales. I tried it 2 times solo. God it's so difficult. Is there a psn gaf community for this game? I am a noob on this :(

Yeah, I was wondering that myself. You can add me if you'd like. I may have leveled my julius to max, but I still need to find some more loot.

Thanks! I will add you right now. Your psn usernames are spyhunterzero and Hamster_zero right?

korkodilaki

Yeah, I'll be on today since I'm off of work soo hit me up when ever you're on and want to play. By the way, do you have a mic? If not it's cool. Just used to using the mic on 360 when I played it on there.

Masamuna

Got a friend of mine who's on the fence about getting this game on PSN. It seems to be more or less discussed, but is the community lively enough that he (technically we) will be able to find newer players to grind out with?

Most times I've had no problems finding players, in the evening (EU time) there are plenty of teams to choose from. You will need to buy the extra levels though, or many groups will leave you behind once you are done with level 7.

I've found the Winged Boots and double Yasutsunas for Alucard so now I can finally contribute on most bosses. Expect to be carried for the first hours... but then again generally people are pretty cool about it, as long as you don't just stand around waiting for them to finish, or get killed repeatedly.

One beginner mistake is going into the boss room. If you don't know the boss, have ways to protect yourself or can do massive damage, stay out. If you get killed once, you'll get killed again as a skeleton and start dropping the available time. Better not fighting at all then messing up the entire run.

Most times I've had no problems finding players, in the evening (EU time) there are plenty of teams to choose from. You will need to buy the extra levels though, or many groups will leave you behind once you are done with level 7.

I've found the Winged Boots and double Yasutsunas for Alucard so now I can finally contribute on most bosses. Expect to be carried for the first hours... but then again generally people are pretty cool about it, as long as you don't just stand around waiting for them to finish, or get killed repeatedly.

One beginner mistake is going into the boss room. If you don't know the boss, have ways to protect yourself or can do massive damage, stay out. If you get killed once, you'll get killed again as a skeleton and start dropping the available time. Better not fighting at all then messing up the entire run.

Yeah, since switching to the PSN version, I thought I had to go at it alone, but was lucky enough to get some people to help me from Normal Ch.2 to Hard Ch. 6. As for the bosses, you might get lucky to find some that will even teach you how to fight the bosses. I know because when I used to play it with a couple of friends on the 360, when we'd get randoms on our team and they had difficulty with the boss or stayed out, we'd encourage them to get in and fight while explaining the patterns.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Just started getting back into this with a couple friends from another forum.

God, I'd forgotten how much I hated Beelzebub. We must've tried to take him out like 10 times. Never successfully. =/

Also, in other news, Valmanway continues to elude me. Dammit.

Just started getting back into this with a couple friends from another forum.

God, I'd forgotten how much I hated Beelzebub. We must've tried to take him out like 10 times. Never successfully. =/

Also, in other news, Valmanway continues to elude me. Dammit.

Funny you say that since that has been the easist weapon to get on CH.8, offcourse, when I switched to PSN, I have yet to get on, but I did get that elusive Claihm Solais +1

I still play it from time to time, but not a lot since most people on my list stopped playing. i wouldn't mind getting a team together just for the hell of it. Good times especially with all the crazy stuff that is said via mic.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
A bunch of us in CastlevaniaGAF are grabbing this game tomorrow because it's going on sale for the first time(?) on PSN and I just wanna check if there's anyone here who would be down for some online sessions this week.

A bunch of us in CastlevaniaGAF are grabbing this game tomorrow because it's going on sale for the first time(?) on PSN and I just wanna check if there's anyone here who would be down for some online sessions this week.
I definitely wouldn't mind picking this up again. Never quite got my PSN save up to the level of my XBLA save though, especially with the screwed up Maria on the PSN version.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
If the DLC is on sale too I might grab some. Which are the worthwhile ones?

Krammy

Took me a few days of running Beelzebub for Sonic Boots. It's all based on how lucky you are. Some people could get it on their first few runs, most, like me, had a stupid amount of trouble getting them. There's no way to increase the drop rate either.

With that said, they're essential for keeping up with other players.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Took me a few days of running Beelzebub for Sonic Boots. It's all based on how lucky you are. Some people could get it on their first few runs, most, like me, had a stupid amount of trouble getting them. There's no way to increase the drop rate either.

With that said, they're essential for keeping up with other players.
Sadly, this is what I've come to realize. Sucks that they're available on the DLC stages only.

Sadly, this is what I've come to realize. Sucks that they're available on the DLC stages only.

Winged boots drop on Ch.6 and 7 so it's not too bad. Sonic are on Ch.9. Depending on what characters you want to use I could tell you what chapters are good to get, but I would suggest getting all now or eventually since everyone runs different characters.

In light of the IGAvania kickstarter teaser thread, some people have expressed interest in playing some CVHD as a sort of celebration.

Seems most people are on the PS3, but I'm on the 360. Anybody else wanna join in?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
My 360 Gold ran out years ago, so I'd be up for PS3 games but I have no mic unfortunately. I know, I know...might as well sit out haha. Still I'm glad for this bump. This amazing game needs to come back in STYLE.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
This week it might be kinda hard for me to play. Tuesday night (PST) perhaps would be the best time. I'm also on PS3.

They're airing the last two episodes of the season back to back, which is pretty much the entirety of my free time that night.

DVR? :p Well I'm available to play really any evening so just let me know. Let's see how many others we can get involved.

Also, we want to do a brand new save? I have Richter all leveled up, Soma and Alucard powered to hell with rare drops too. Unless you guys want to roll with your works in progress?

Top Bottom