• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair |OT|

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Never did play much of this, even though I'm a big fan of the series and bought all the additional stages/characters.

Something about the feel of the controls was a little off, and I didn't really like the level design. I always wanted a multiplayer Castlevania, but this wasn't how I had envisioned it.

I might play, but I'm going to be pretty busy throughout May.

PSN is Ryuhza.

Never did play much of this, even though I'm a big fan of the series and bought all the additional stages/characters.

Something about the feel of the controls was a little off, and I didn't really like the level design. I always wanted a multiplayer Castlevania, but this wasn't how I had envisioned it.

I might play, but I'm going to be pretty busy throughout May.

PSN is Ryuhza.

Controls start to feel natural the more you play it. I played hundreds of hours on 360 then switched to the PS3 version, and the PS3's better Dpad made things loads better. Once you learn you hop dash down to move a little quicker things get better too.

Also, do more dual crushes with other players, always found that to be one of the most fun things. :)

I'm still salty about never getting Valmanway in this game. Stupid RNG hates me.

You won't believe how many kills on Ryokotsuki I have and still haven't gotten the Fuma Armor. I nearly have 9 of the other 2 set pieces. I've barely played anybody but Fuma on that stage.

Also, do more dual crushes with other players, always found that to be one of the most fun things. :)

There's actually a few places where dual crushes are super useful. Chapter 9's boss is one of them - Blood Cross and especially Holy Cross just utterly destroy Beelzebub. And Thor's Hammer wrecks Legion.

There's actually a few places where dual crushes are super useful. Chapter 9's boss is one of them - Blood Cross and especially Holy Cross just utterly destroy Beelzebub. And Thor's Hammer wrecks Legion.

Oh yeah. I just absolutely love when they yell: HOLY CROSS or BLOOD CROSS!

So damn cool. 8D

Whoah, shocked to see this thread getting some activity. So the servers are shutting down?

I had almost everything in this game on the 360 version complete with all the dlc and two miser rings with max gold and Valmanway's +1.

I also had two Yasutsuna +1's for the retro stage with alucard which absolutely murdered Drac.

Whoah, shocked to see this thread getting some activity. So the servers are shutting down?

Whoa, why do you think that?

No, this thread's been revived due to the hype surrounding Iga's upcoming project, and for those of us that would like to get in our Castlevania fix with others on GAF.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Did Chapter 8 through 11 in a group today and had incredible fun. Also...Beelzebub never dropped these goddamn Nova Boots for me on PS3 haha.

Did Chapter 8 through 11 in a group today and had incredible fun. Also...Beelzebub never dropped these goddamn Nova Boots for me on PS3 haha.

Nova Boots??? Do you mean Sonic Boots?

Also, anyone up for some games. Feel like playing a bit so anyone is welcomed to join me. My PSN is Spyhunterzero

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Nova Boots??? Do you mean Sonic Boots?

Also, anyone up for some games. Feel like playing a bit so anyone is welcomed to join me. My PSN is Spyhunterzero

Err....It's been a while. But yes haha. Anyone can add me on PSN: Helphinx but be warned, I have no mic haha. I know...

georly

Does anyone have on 360 and maybe want to play later this week/this weekend? I just bought all the DLC (which i have never played or seen before) and I literally have not played since launch whenever this came out (2009?) Gonna play some single player to get caught up and maybe some multiplayer this weekend?

PM me your XBox live if you wanna invite me. I think my xbl tag is my gaf name?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Apparently my PS3 controller is dead as a doornail. Which doesn't matter because Dualshock 4, but man how do you access the PS3 menu with that shit haha?

Yep, groups of 4+ are the best. Those Sonic boots are the worst, other than Valmanway +1s.

Looking really forward to play with you guys. Voice chat is preferred but not necessary.

Does anyone have on 360 and maybe want to play later this week/this weekend? I just bought all the DLC (which i have never played or seen before) and I literally have not played since launch whenever this came out (2009?) Gonna play some single player to get caught up and maybe some multiplayer this weekend?

PM me your XBox live if you wanna invite me. I think my xbl tag is my gaf name?

Honestly, single player is not the best way to get "caught up" xD If you want to play tonight, let me know. I'm "Lee Chaolan T6"

lol Not sure. Don't have a DS4

You on now?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I'm on and willing to play but be warned...No mic. I am so sorry about that haha. Damn you PS4 controller, not working on PS3 proper. I could use my PS4 mic.

I'm on and willing to play but be warned...No mic. I am so sorry about that haha. Damn you PS4 controller, not working on PS3 proper. I could use my PS4 mic.

No worries, Mic's not necessary. You able to go tonight?

Yeah. We can do game chat if you want. I usually do Skype chat with my buds when we play since it is clearer

yeah Skype's not really an option for me at the moment. If more than us can voice chat then I'll go dig out the mic.

Unrelated note, it's been forever since I've played. lol

We going in fresh or just picking up where we left off? For tomorrow I'm thinking fresh is best.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Word to the wise for tonight. It's my birthday so I am q̶u̶i̶t̶e̶ a tad smashed, but other than Chap 10 Dracula's fireballs I should be good. I..kind of remember the dodge. Kind of. My Shanoa/Yoko await!

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
lol sweet my PS3 totally just crashed xD

I'll be back on soon. Feel free to join us

Doesn't the game work on invites or...? Feel free to invite me, for non-sober Shanoa/Yoko action. Quite effective anyway though...I guess. Cept for dem Chap 10 dodges...Just need to remember is all...

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Eternal shame for my near fuck up on Chap 9. Jesus. Sorry.
WTF dat last Chap 9 glitched hard on me. Everything is a rainbow and I can't see shit. No mic suck but yeah...it's a rainbow. Everything is blue letters. Like the whole side of the map is colorful lettering haha. WTF

Yep still happening on retry. Half the map is unseeable.

Damn it's not fixed. The entire level is blue shit. Sorry for quitting, but everything was like rainbow alphabet. There was no level design. Just colorful letters everywhere.

Eternal shame for my near fuck up on Chap 9. Jesus. Sorry.
WTF dat last Chap 9 glitched hard on me. Everything is a rainbow and I can't see shit. No mic suck but yeah...it's a rainbow. Everything is blue letters. Like the whole side of the map is colorful lettering haha. WTF

Yep still happening on retry. Half the map is unseeable.

Damn it's not fixed. The entire level is blue shit. Sorry for quitting, but everything was like rainbow alphabet. There was no level design. Just colorful letters everywhere.

Yeah I had that problem too. The only way I know to fix it is to close the game and restart it

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Looks like I need to go ahead and buy the PS3 version...especially since I havent had XBL in forever.

qlTZoZt.gif

Now here's a welcome revival. I spent an absolutely crazy amount of time with this game (PS3 version) and would definitely be up for some more, though I'll probably be a bit rusty.

I'm UK so that + my job might make it hard to co-ordinate with the rest of you. Also have no mic unfortunately. PSN's in my profile.

Also, we want to do a brand new save? I have Richter all leveled up, Soma and Alucard powered to hell with rare drops too. Unless you guys want to roll with your works in progress?
At one point I really wanted to do a run with everyone using completely fresh characters, but starting on Hard, working through stages 1-11 in order and ONLY using drops from that run. Like a kind of challenge mode. Would definitely be up for that if enough people were.

Looks like I need to go ahead and buy the PS3 version...especially since I havent had XBL in forever.

Noooo, get a 3 month gold card and play with me instead. I need more people to play with on 360!! It will come you cheaper than the game + DLC on PS3. :p

Crazy amount of time, huh? Let's see here...
Soma: 119h 30m
Alucard: 131h 17m
Jonathan: 57h 1m
Julius: 37h 20m
Richter: 14h 11m
Shanoa: 66h 4m
Charlotte: 64h 25m
Yoko: 33h 7m
Maria: 25h 11m
Simon: 44h 17m
Getsu Fuma: 39h 6m

For a total of: 631h 29m, not counting times spent in menus :p

And I don't even have all the equipment I want (still missing plenty of stuff from Chapters 10 and 11) or leveled every subweapon to max on the whip users (the Retro subs all do not have lvl9).

Crazy amount of time, huh? Let's see here...
Soma: 119h 30m
Alucard: 131h 17m
Jonathan: 57h 1m
Julius: 37h 20m
Richter: 14h 11m
Shanoa: 66h 4m
Charlotte: 64h 25m
Yoko: 33h 7m
Maria: 25h 11m
Simon: 44h 17m
Getsu Fuma: 39h 6m

For a total of: 631h 29m, not counting times spent in menus :p

And I don't even have all the equipment I want (still missing plenty of stuff from Chapters 10 and 11) or leveled every subweapon to max on the whip users (the Retro subs all do not have lvl9).
Welp, guess we're crazy together.

Soma: 87:19:00
Alucard: 33:07:34
Jonathan: 126:59:01
Julius: 4:25:28
Richter: 0:57:48
Shanoa: 145:57:47
Charlotte: 103:18:41
Yoko: 41:59:19
Maria: 96:59:39
Simon: Don't have him!
Fuma: 35:37:11

Total: 676:41:28

My 2nd most played game ever. I'm pretty sure I have all the equipment I wanted, but a lot of my characters aren't levelled fully. I tended to stick with subweapons I liked rather than switching around a lot, which = levelling imbalance.

Oh hey an excuse to rise from my posting grave people to play with :3

I'm good to play on the PS3 pretty much whenever. I've been getting back into the game, I guess good timing on that regard with Igarashi's kickstarter and the thread once again given flesh by being called here by humans being kinda active

I might be down for that. I'm super rusty though. Should probably brush up.

I can swing 10 EST for sure. I'm good for the rest of the evening even so I'll be ready.

Awesome fellas! Rusty is no worries. You guys wanna just play our current characters or start a fresh new file? Might have to create a new PSN name for that, as there's no way in hell I'm deleting my save data and it's hundreds upon hundreds of hours. lol

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Awesome fellas! Rusty is no worries. You guys wanna just play our current characters or start a fresh new file? Might have to create a new PSN name for that, as there's no way in hell I'm deleting my save data and it's hundreds upon hundreds of hours. lol

I'd rather roll with my existing characters.

Couldn't you just delete your file and have a back up of the old one on PS cloud

Given how bad my luck with drops usually is I would rather keep what good things I actually have lol

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'm in such a weird position because I have a bunch of endgame-level characters and I hardly remember how to play the game at all. :lol I've forgotten all the speedrun paths and strats and basically everything.

I'm in such a weird position because I have a bunch of endgame-level characters and I hardly remember how to play the game at all. :lol I've forgotten all the speedrun paths and strats and basically everything.

Not sure how that's even possible. You would think that since you got everyone powered up you'd remember it all.

360, right? if you're on a while tonight I can do that too.

Timezones and all. I'll be going to bed soon, so definitely not on a while tonight. :p

It'll all come back to you if you played the game as much as you seem to have.

Top Bottom