• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania: Portrait Ruined for the DS

http://www.orangeloungeradio.com/phpnuke/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=557&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin DS
Release date of November 15th, 2006?

Awesome if true!

Other noteworthy (or not so noteworthy titles):

DDR SUPERNOVA - 9/13/06 - PS2
DDR UNIVERSE - 10/11/06 - XBOX 360
DDR ULTRAMIX 4 - 11/14/06 - XBOX
Karaoke Revolution: American Idol - 11/15/06 - PS2.
Bomberman Act Zero - 7/12/06 - XBOX 360 and PSP
Silent Hill Original Sin (Silent Hill Remake) - 10/18/06 - PSP
Death Jr. 2 - 10/18/06 - PSP
Death Jr.: Science Fair Of Doom - 10/11/06 - NDS.

Mrbob

Death Jr Science Fair of Doom? :lol :lol :lol

Oh and PSP gets the bomberman love too? No wonder the X360 version looks so shitty it is a PSP port. ;)

This year is all about machyoor bomberman.

That chibi kiddy shit has bitten the dust. Good riddance. Give me 80s character design in a neon cod piece anyday!

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
HomerSimpson-Man said:
Did I just read Silent Hill remake for PSP?!
wtf is remaking all of these last gen games ON THE FUCKING PSP!?!?!

my god, the PSP continues to establish itself to me as the least interesting game system I've ever owned. AND I OWNED THE 3DO!!

I think the rule of thumb is there has to be at least one generation in between for it to be interesting (and yes, n64 remakes on the DS count in these shenanigans as well, though GBA/SNES makes it by one actual console gen even if it was 0 handheld gens)

Maridia

borghe said:

my god, the PSP continues to establish itself to me as the least interesting game system I've ever owned. AND I OWNED THE 3DO!!

I think the rule of thumb is there has to be at least one generation in between for it to be interesting (and yes, n64 remakes on the DS count in these shenanigans as well, though GBA/SNES makes it by one actual console gen even if it was 0 handheld gens)

"Interesting" was the least of the 3D0's problems...

On topic, awesome title if true, and I'm sure that the SH remake will be given the proper level of current gen gloss to make it worth playing...

Sagitario

I would rather have the "of Sorrow" name (if ithe game is about the 1999 events) but at least it's better than Dual Moons... :)

Soul4ger

I wonder if the people who are cheering for SH PSP criticized the DS as a poor platform for RE... Talk about taking the atmosphere out of the game? And it's going to control like shit on the PSP, too. I'm all for remakes and ports, but this just doesn't fit the hardware, if it's true.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Matlock said:
The Nintendo DS is equally loaded with ports from last-gen, like Mario 64 DS and...uh...
There are only 4 ports from the N64/PS1 era AFAIK. When it comes to ports anybody that says the PSP doesn't win by far is fooling them-selves. No there aren't as many PS1 ports out here in the US thanks to SCEA, but when it comes to ports PSP wins by far. Oh and yes I'm talking about games with petty little additions and name changes like Super Mario 64 DS & Need for Speed Most Wanted 5-1-0 (no not games like Ridge Racer and Mario Kart DS).

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Soul4ger said:
I wonder if the people who are cheering for SH PSP criticized the DS as a poor platform for RE... Talk about taking the atmosphere out of the game? And it's going to control like shit on the PSP, too. I'm all for remakes and ports, but this just doesn't fit the hardware, if it's true.

i dont think survival horror has any place on handhelds. dont like RE being on DS, and i dont like Silent Hill being on PSP

Victrix

*beard*
borghe said:

The entire purpose of the 3d0 was to provide a suitable platform for a Star Control 2 update, it achieved its mission, and can go now peacefully to sweet oblivion

borghe said:

Sounds like you are a bit jumping the gun here. From the sound of it might be about as much as a remake as Batman Begins is to Tim Burton's 1989 Batman. Plus come this fall...it would be 2 generations past already.

PkunkFury

Victrix said:
The entire purpose of the 3d0 was to provide a suitable platform for a Star Control 2 update, it achieved its mission, and can go now peacefully to sweet oblivion

This man speaks the truth, if only SCII would grace one of these handhelds

ahmad

Banned
Thank you for making my day!!!

Awesome name BTW.

Also, people this thread is about castlevania and its glory so lets not discuss ports on DS and PSP

jarrod

Banned
Last gen DS ports
-Daikoukai Jidai IV: Rota Nova (PS) Koei/iNiS
-Rayman DS (N64) Ubisoft/DC Studios
-Resident Evil: Deadly Silence (PS) Capcom
-Ridge Racer DS (N64) Namco/NST
-Super Mario 64 DS (N64) Nintendo

Last gen PSP ports
-Ape Escape: On the Loose (PS) SCEI
-Baito Hell 2000 (PS) SCEI
-Bokujou Monogatori: Boy & Girl (PS) MMV
-Breath of Fire III (PS) Capcom
-Gai: Unmei no Kousaten (PS) SEGA/Chunsoft
-Genso Suikoden I&II (PS) Konami
-I.Q. Mania (PS) SCEI
-MediEvil: Resurrection (PS) SCEI
-Myst (SS) SEGA/Sunsoft
-Nobunaga no Yabou: Reppuuden (PS) Koei
-Nobunaga no Yabou: Shouseiroku (PS) Koei
-Nobunaga no Yabou: Reppuuden (PS) Koei
-Popolo Crois (PS) Agetec/SCEI
-Princess Crown (SS) Atlus
-Rockman DASH Episode 1: Hagane no Boukenshin (PS) Capcom
-Rockman DASH Episode 2: Ooinaru Isan (PS) Capcom
-Sakura Taisen 1+2 (SS) SEGA/RED
-San Goku Shi V (SS) Koei
-San Goku Shi VI (PS) Koei
-San Goku Shi VII (PS) Koei
-Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner (SS) Atlus
-Tales of Eternia (PS) Namco/Tales Studio
-Tengai Makyo: Daishi no Mokushiroku (SS) Hudson/RED
-Tokimeki Memorial: Forever With You (PS) Konami
-Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth (PS) Square Enix/TOSE
-XI Coliseum (PS) SCEI/Shift
-Yarudora Portable: Double Cast (PS) SCEI
-Yarudora Portable: Kisetsu o Dakishimete (PS) SCEI
-Yarudora Portable: Sampaguita (PS) SCEI
-Yarudora Portable: Yukiwari no Hana (PS) SCEI

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I'm already excited for Castlevania.
I like the name too... are we going to have to, uh, paint with the stylus?

hooo

boooy
jarrod said:
Last gen DS ports
-Rayman DS (N64) Ubisoft/DC Studios
-Resident Evil: Deadly Silence (PS) Capcom
-Ridge Racer DS (N64) Namco/NST
-Super Mario 64 DS (N64) Nintendo

Phoenix Wright too.

Agent X

borghe said:

The remakes aren't for you, then. Don't buy them.

There are lots of people who haven't played the original, so for them this would be a new experience.

FWIW, I have a hunch that if this were a completely new Silent Hill game exclusively for PSP, we'd see the usual suspects whining about how Konami is wasting their efforts on a portable, when instead they could be making it for home consoles.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
I'm just worried they're going to remake SH to be closer to the movie. I've been saying, it's going to be another Street Fighter: The Movie: The game.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Rlan said:
Japan got quick-and-dirty ports of the PSX Megaman Legend / Rockman Dash games too.

And one of the Breath of Firee games.

If SH is a remake I really don't see the point considering by the time its out the PS emulator for PSP should be available. Now maybe not all games will be available for it, in that case it's no problem..but I just can't take remakes in general, especially ones of games only a generation old.

I can't wait to see the first batch of media for Portrait of Ruin... hopefully it will look and play substantially different than the last few..

Top Bottom