• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt press conference [over]

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
People Can Fly? from Painkiller to Bulletstorm to a Gears spin-off, I'd say that's a downhill slope.

Bulletstorm is better than Painkiller. And you haven't played new Gears yet.

Besides that they owned by Epic = being in good shape.

antitrop

Bulletstorm is consolized shit.
Painkiller = Q3 goodness with great twist.
If you don't expect too much from it Bulletstorm is actually one of the most enjoyable FPS games released in the last few years.

I don't know what you mean by "consolized", at all.

subversus

If you don't expect too much from it Bulletstorm is actually one of the most enjoyable FPS games released in the last few years.

I don't know what you mean by "consolized", at all.

2 WEAPONS EVERY GAME NEEDS AT LEAST 10 ALSO YOU SHOULD MOVE WITH THE SPEED OF 100 MILES PER HOUR AND JUMP ALL THE TIME. If your shooter doesn't do this it's consolized shit.

KageMaru

No chance for an announcement of a Witcher 2 port on the PS3?

Edit: Nevermind, I see AranhaHunter already brought this up. Still would like a port, I would double dip on that for sure.

Mikeside

2 WEAPONS EVERY GAME NEEDS AT LEAST 10 ALSO YOU SHOULD MOVE WITH THE SPEED OF 100 MILES PER HOUR AND JUMP ALL THE TIME. If your shooter doesn't do this it's consolized shit.

I know you're joking but this is as good a place as any to also note that Hard Reset is probably the best thing ever if you're looking for a great FPS which feels old school in design but still doesn't feel at all dated.

Is Nintendo in the same bad shape in Poland as in the other Eastern Bloc countries?

From the ultra sparse data i saw they have few % market share in handhelds and overal market. But noone never saw official data from Nintendo poland (which was created in 2010).

Aru

GOG on OSX would be awesome news.
My iMac is quite old (from Q1-2009) so I can't really run modern games with decent graphics options.
I hope they are really porting games instead of using Cider though.

Bought by EA.

Witcher 3 to be the grand finale of Geralt of Rivia as he struggles to unite a world at war to combat a new evil that threatens to destroy humanity. Your choices really don't matter.

Perkel

Banned
GOG on OSX would be awesome news.
My iMac is quite old (from Q1-2009) so I can't really run modern games with decent graphics options.
I hope they are really porting games instead of using Cider though.

They don't port games.

Is Scuum and Dosbox available for OSX ? If yes then a lot of game from catalog will be going to macs.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
If they announce a PS3 version of Witcher 2 I'll be incredibly happy. They said there was a chance so I cling to hope until I hear otherwise. I want to see what one of the tech focused Eastern European devs can do with the PS3 (and play the game, obviously).

Perkel

Banned
Bought by EA.

Witcher 3 to be the grand finale of Geralt of Rivia as he struggles to unite a world at war to combat a new evil that threatens to destroy humanity. Your choices really don't matter.

You forgot that Geralt will now behave like virgin trying to date girls.

Lime

I hope it has something to do with some of their top wanted games arriving to the service.

For reference:
gogffyqe.png

i-Lo

I wish they did them weekly.

Perhaps they should do a weekly audio podcast.

We need more cyberpunk! I want an open world one.

Imagine how awsome it could be on next-gen, eventually.

I'm pretty sure we'll see a port like that. That said, 360 and PS3 ports may be very lucrative given the size of user base.

Bought by EA.

Thankfully, I just checked wikipedia to see they aren't in the grasp of EA. That'd be a travesty.

You forgot that Geralt will now behave like virgin trying to date girls.

If EA were to take over, expect a lot of awkward grinding and dry humping in lieu of the content portraying sex in TW2.

Aru

They don't port games.

Is Scuum and Dosbox available for OSX ? If yes then a lot of game from catalog will be going to macs.

Why would they release GOG on OSX if they weren't porting games ? For the indie games only ?

Sentenza

I'm hoping for Witcher 3 being a next-gen console/PC game.
The Witcher 3 could even settle comfortably on the same tech level it is now and be ready for "next gen" anyway.
What I actually want from it is just to be BIGGER and more "open" than the second one, because...

moar-baby.jpg

subversus

The Witcher 3 could even settle comfortably on the same tech level it is now and be ready for "next gen" anyway.
What I actually want from it is just to be BIGGER and more "open" than the second one, because...

moar-baby.jpg

because what?

I want it to be more open too. CD Projekt outdid Bioware in their own game but they need to find their own voice. Bioware's formula isn't healthy, it needs more reactivity, more RPG elements.

Almighty

Cool. I wonder what CD Projeckt is up to even if it is GOG focused.

Though for some reason I can't shake the feeling they they are going to do something I don't like. I have no evidence for it at all, but I do have that feeling for some reason.

Oh on a side note did they ever mention how well the Witcher 2 did on the 360?

Sentenza

because what?

I want it to be more open too. CD Projekt outdid Bioware in their own game but they need to find their own voice. Bioware's formula isn't healthy, it needs more reactivity, more RPG elements.
Because I want more stuff to do, I thought it was quite self-explanatory.

And yes, I agree with what you said.
While TW2 was surely a solid game, I can't say I loved the almost-linear, heavily story-driven focus, Bioware style.
Call it a personal bias if you want, but I think that proper action RPG *should* be about immersion, reactivity (in terms of NPC interaction ,choices and consequences and so on) and (at least) the illusion of freedom.
Like Risen, just to name one.

Sentenza

Once again, why are people expecting news about the games in development from CDPR?
Isn't this just a GOG press conference?

The only site guessing about Cyberpunk/The Witcher announcements is DSOG, but it isn't really a reliable source as they love baseless speculations a lot.

Can't wait to see what the Cyberpunk game turns out like, been waiting for a proper Cyberpunk RPG for a long time. I couldn't hope for such a project to be in more capable hands

Because I want more stuff to do, I thought it was quite self-explanatory.

And yes, I agree with what you said.
While TW2 was surely a solid game, I can't say I loved the almost-linear, heavily story-driven focus, Bioware style.
Call it a personal bias if you want, but I think that proper action RPG *should* be about immersion, reactivity (in terms of NPC interaction ,choices and consequences and so on) and (at least) the illusion of freedom.
Like Risen, just to name one.

Love your name and avatar. You should try to get the rest of his name as your rank.

Top Bottom