• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt's market capitalisation has broken $3 billion

boskee

CD Projekt's share price continues to soar after the company has published their financial results for the 1st half of the year. They were significantly better than the consensus, thanks to strong sales of The Witcher 3 and income generated by Gwents card packs.

The company is now valued at just over $3 billion. To put this in perspective, that's almost twice the value of Capcom ($1.6 billion), $800 million more than Gamestop ($2.22 billion), and around $800 less than Square Enix ($3.8 billion).

hZ7C150.png

They deserve it too. Could have played it safe with more Witcher titles (outside of Gwent) so fair play for going in a new direction with Cyberpunk. I just hope it doesnt flop because it's "not The Witcher".

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus, talk about going in the empire business and already passing Capcom and other fronts. Such smart moves and strong titles they have, among with their digital front GOG.

Kudos to you you rich mofos. Now go and keep hiring the best talent and tech out there. Pump it all into Cyberpunk 2077 and make the best open world RPG to date!

I'm really glad they're such a successful company and they're able to bring attention to a DRM-free storefront. Competition is always great but a DRM-free alternative is superb, especially as the conversation behind things like Denuvo becomes increasingly negative with each release.

That's amazing. I really hope their success directly translates into bigger and better video games, instead of them going the way of Valve, and divesting themselves of videogames.

Auctopus

This is pre-Gwent as well. I'm assuming they'll have a financial boon from selling card packs (which seems very unlike CD Projekt RED to do but it's pretty integral to TCGs) once the full game releases.

JustinBB7

Let's hope they use that money to actually pay their staff if this video is to be believed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBuoexbVEFE

Lots of core people leaving makes me worried about Cyberpunk. At least Gwent seems in a good spot right now.

This is pre-Gwent as well. I'm assuming they'll have a financial boon from selling card packs (which seems very unlike CD Projekt RED to do but it's pretty integral to TCGs) once the full game releases.

They already sell packs, I've bought plenty already lol.

xuchu

Let's hope they use that money to actually pay their staff if this video is to be believed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBuoexbVEFE

Lots of core people leaving makes me worried about Cyberpunk. At least Gwent seems in a good spot right now.

They already sell packs, I've bought plenty already lol.

Yeah saw this yesterday and was disappointed. Very happy for CDprojectred but seems like they've grown way too quickly and middle management is very poor according to employees. Hope the programmers get treated better.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
great for them!

i need Cyberpunk 2077 but i am worried about how much i see them advertising for people to work on it. it won't be here for a long time yet it seems :( (no 2077 jokes pls they're not funny anymore)

Bricky

Fantastic. Their rise both as a developer and as a business has been a wonderful thing to witness and they deserve all of the praise and money.

If they keep commiting to their good business practices and Cyberpunk lives up to its massive potential (considering the jumps in quality they have made previously) it will cement them as one of the greats in the industry. Dare I say a replacement of the Valve of yesteryear people so fondly remember, one that did not forget its real passion and ambition just because it noticed Heartstone is profitable.

I dread the day they live to see themselves become the villain already.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
CD Projekt's share price continues to soar after the company has published their financial results for the 1st half of the year. They were significantly better than the consensus, thanks to strong sales of The Witcher 3 and income generated by Gwents card packs.

The company is now valued at just over $3 billion. To put this in perspective, that's almost twice the value of Capcom ($1.6 billion), $800 million more than Gamestop ($2.22 billion), and around $800 less than Square Enix ($3.8 billion).

friday-damn.gif

Who would have thought this would happen? This is unbelievable (and that Capcom sunk so low) but congratz to CD Projekt for the success.

sublimit

Banned
I can stop playing Witcher 3 whenever i want!

--
The pressure for Cyberpunk 2077 to deliver, must be pretty fucking high, right now.

Yup.I don't think any other company in this industry has as much pressure as them right now.It must be very exciting and also very scary at the same time.

Fluloco

Can they be what Valve didn't want to be? An amazing developer supported by millions and millions of dollars coming in from their storefront?

Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be incredible, I just know it :)

KonradLaw

That's amazing. I really hope their success directly translates into bigger and better video games, instead of them going the way of Valve, and divesting themselves of videogames.
They actually sold their publishing buisinesses recently, so yeah, they're in it to make games :)

Stiler

They actually sold their publishing buisinesses recently, so yeah, they're in it to make games :)

Where did you hear this?

As far as I know Cd Projekt (the parent company) still runs both GoG and then Cd Projekt Red, which is the development side, still makes games like Witcher/Gwent/Cyberpunk..

boskee

Where did you hear this?

As far as I know Cd Projekt (the parent company) still runs both GoG and then Cd Projekt Red, which is the development side, still makes games like Witcher/Gwent/Cyberpunk..

He's talking about CD Projekt blue or cdp.pl - their distribution business that was once the biggest game distributor in CEE.

Top Bottom