• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CDPR Confirms Witcher 3 Update for XBX and PS4 Pro

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I was about 20 hours into a second playthru, guess I'll wait for the Pro patch, have the expansions to play for the first time too.

Nice! All I need is a cleaner image and more stable frame rate. Anything else would be extra.

Are there any PS4 version issues that never got ironed out? Now's the chance if so.

cjp

Own the GotY edition on PS4 and still haven't played it due to my massive backlog so this is welcome news. Hopefully there will be enhancements for 1080p users that outweigh the increased performance we currently get due to no pro patch and Boost Mode.

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
Sony fans, don't be lulled into a false sense of security!

What if MS paid for a good patch, but then also paid for CDPR to make a crappy patch for the PS4 Pro, so the difference in power levels between the two consoles would be exaggerated?

Hawk269

What if MS paid for a good patch, but then also paid for CDPR to make a crappy patch for the PS4 Pro, so the difference in power levels between the two consoles would be exaggerated?

Your joking right?

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Nice! All I need is a cleaner image and more stable frame rate. Anything else would be extra.

Are there any PS4 version issues that never got ironed out? Now's the chance if so.

The framerate on the PS4 has been pretty good for over a year now. Boost mode barely made any difference as it was already so stable AFAIK.

Pennywise

Great.
Can't wait to dive back in. Was already planning it after I saw my GF playing it.

Hopefully we see more devs going that route.

MattAces

People really thinks that those big evil corporation are that childish?
Oh wait, sometimes they are huh....
But nah, no way for this.

JP

That's good news, I was was always half hoping that having the two premium consoles would benefit me as a Pro user in this way. Although both of them are always going to be a pretty small sub-market it must help having two of them out there.

Well, I guess I can put off playing TW3 for a little while longer then. Really glad they're revisiting it with Pro support.

Yep.

I gave up on TW3 after trudging through the first 1/4th of it. I think its best that I come back after the update with a fresh look at it (and hopefully will have forgotten how much better Horizon Zero Dawn is).

Carn82

Nice, I wonder what they'll do on the Pro. Will they go for resolution or frames?

Resolution is my guess, framerate for most open world games seem to be pretty much CPU-bound. My money is on checkerboarded 4k. If not that, maybe a sub 4K resolution but with better texturefiltering and things like that.

Detective

I don't think I will find these kind of stupid comments on YT or N4G, lol

The framerate on the PS4 has been pretty good for over a year now. Boost mode barely made any difference as it was already so stable AFAIK.

That shows how long it's been since I put it on the back burner haha.

In that case, I'd like better IQ and if they manage to increase the res I hope they include downsampling for us 1080p folks. (I sit a few meters from a 70in set)

This is great news. I finished up W3 & it's DLC a couple of months back but have already found myself itching to replay it.

I'll certainly do so once it's patched.

kmax

What if CDPR is duping them both and there is no spoon?

So one thing I want to know in regards to patches between the two. Would the patches be the same or be tailored to both systems? I think the question is too early to ask but because they do have different specs in sure they will vary in same way

Also now will finally be the time to sit down and play this game once the Xbox one x comes out.

sirap

Oooh you guys are in for a treat. Witcher 3 looks glorious in 4K. Out of every game I've replayed in 4K it's the one that benefits the most from the resolution bump. Insane jump in quality.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Might try and get the Platinum on the Witcher 3 when the Pro patch comes out. Been meaning too but that might be the thing to draw me back into the game.

Vashetti

Banned
Goddamnit. Zero interest then.

If you're expecting 30fps to 60fps upgrades on Pro and X then you're going to be very disappointed.

Both CPUs are ~30% better than their predecessors. Not enough to jump a game from 30fps to 60fps.

There is one game on Pro that's gone from 30fps to 60fps, suggesting the game was GPU-bound.

GPU = resolution
CPU = framerate

These consoles are designed for higher-res and providing stabler framerates, not jumping from 30 to 60.

Top Bottom