• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CDPR not discussing Cyberpunk 2077 until 2017

Vik

Banned
The Witcher 4 will probably about Create-your-own-Witcher I bet. That was the initial plan for the first Witcher.

Tigress

After the masterpiece that The Witcher 3 is, I will pretty much buy anything this company releases unless it's a hardcore turn-based strategy game. But RPGs are their pedigree, so I doubt something like that will happen.

Wait, turn based games aren't RPGs? From the ones I've played turn based games are all RPGs... (RPG is a big genre really). In fact the whole idea of turn base was the games were based on the traditional pen and paper RPGs where each person has a turn (you know, the ones that started the RPG thing in the first place?).

Witcher 3 is the last Geralt game, it ends the story of Geralt, but CDPR has confirmed the series/universe isn't over. So Im hoping for Ciri in the next Witcher game.

I really hope for either this or make your own character (yes, I want to play my own character in this world). But after just playing Ciri for a little bit I like her character and I'd love to play as her in a story (if I have to be given a character to play).

Joco

Goddamn. Sounds like this game won't release until the tail end of the generation. I want them to take their time to get everything right of course, but damn if it isn't a hard wait.

Well at least Witcher is finally out of the way of development, though I had been hoping they were a lot further along on this. Kind of feels like they were eager to scramble for some early rights with that old teaser.

They're working on (at least) two Witcher expansions and patching the game, so I wouldn't say development is out of the way.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
after my first experience with their games with witcher 3, this instantly is one of (if not THE) most anticipated games. cyberpunk is awesome and i can only imagine how incredible a wild hunt style game could be in that universe.

Tigress

If W3 is any indication of the kind of thorough and polished content with all aspects of the game, it's completely understandable that this game is a long ways off.

Take your time and give us more Witcher content in the meantime CDPR!

Honestly, this is right. Big games with expansive worlds like this are awesome, but they take time to do right. Hell, people are already bitching about the problems in Witcher (hell, even I've had a few times I've noticed frame rate hiccups and if I've noticed them, they're bad enough to be outright lag cause I honestly don't notice that stuff unless it actually outright pauses the game for a second or two).

I don't think I've even seen a large world that's not had some issues (GTA V, every single Bethesda game, the Assassin's Creed games).

I'm fine with that, I realize they are huge games and it's hard to lock everything down in such a huge game. It's worth it for the games they put in a lot of effort and time into making (well at least the ones I've played).

But, point being is you want them to do a large game like that right, it's not going to happen in a year or two. Unless you want the game to turn into something like Assassin's Creed ;).

i-Lo

So, next next gen then for consoles and perhaps then they can finally reach the fidelity they showed off in their "target render".

Thank the fucking gods that we'll have Deus Ex and ME to scratch our collective sci-fi RPG itch.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
when they release it:

a)I will have kids and no time to play it
b)the whole cyberpunk schtick will become mundane reality (or irreversably retro)

so I guess no good franchise for me

CDPR not discussing Cyberpunk 2077 until 2077

I'm not sure what to think of this to be honest. Something must have went terribly wrong with scoping of Witcher 3, hopefully they will be able to learn from it.

butman

PS5/XBTWO release title.

There's no way that a current console can run what they showed in the last trailer.

Back in 2012, they planned to release The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077 in 2014 and 2015, no less.

The Witcher 3 was only some months late, but to do that I guess the second team had to stop almost completely the work on Cyberpunk.

Guri

Back in 2012, they planned to release The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077 in 2014 and 2015, no less.

The Witcher 3 was only some months late, but to do that I guess the second team had to stop almost completely the work on Cyberpunk.

They admitted before that they underestimated how much work is needed for open-world games and I think that changed the time frame for current and future projects a lot. Hopefully they will learn ways to optimise their framework to speed up the process a bit.

Top Bottom