• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Charli XCX - "Sucker" - Discussion & Hype Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Breaking Up has popped up.
sQ0ww_zps5a22d393.gif

Gawge

Love Boom Clap and London Queen, been listening to them both for a month or two now.

London Queen is just such a fun song, I still laugh at those lyrics.

Looking forward to the album.

Vazra

Love Boom Clap and London Queen, been listening to them both for a month or two now.

London Queen is just such a fun song, I still laugh at those lyrics.

Looking forward to the album.

London Queen is totally 90s camp. Then again the album is inspired by 90s movies and Punk.

Meier

I have never felt more sad or embarrassed for an artist than when I heard Break the Rules the first time and saw the music video. It's one of the worst cases of selling out I've ever seen. Really disappointing -- completely ruined any hope I had that this album would be passable.

Vazra

I have never felt more sad or embarrassed for an artist than when I heard Break the Rules the first time and saw the music video. It's one of the worst cases of selling out I've ever seen. Really disappointing -- completely ruined any hope I had that this album would be passable.
Changing music style isnt exactly selling out. The way she handles herself on interviews is the same as before and she has shown interest in different sounds since the beginning of her career. Selling out would be going against her own words, preferences and principles to sell more records. (Not the audience) Just cause you don't enjoy her new style it doesnt automatically makes it a sell out.

In the end changing or not her style would bother some people too because some expect some change or progression so the artist in these cases will win some and lose some no matter what.

overcast

How would you guys rank the officially released songs so far?

Boom Clap > Gold Coins > Breaking Up > Break The Rules >> London Queen

Vazra

How would you guys rank the officially released songs so far?

Boom Clap > Gold Coins > Breaking Up > Break The Rules >> London Queen

Boom Clap>Gold Coins> Breaking Up = Break The Rules > London Queen.

I like all the tracks tho.

Vazra

Call me crazy, but I actually like London Queen more than Break the Rules.

I like the Ramones vibes from it and overall its very 90s in terms of camp. The album so far goes on different directions but mostly keeping certain 90s camp about it and the only track that doesn't exactly give me that is Boom Clap and we can tell probably she added the song because it became popular thanks to the movie.

Aguila

#ICONIC
I would say the weakest songs are Breaking the Rules and Caught in the Middle. Probably the two songs I will be skipping for sure.

Vazra

ciega, Caught In The Middle is one of the best songs.

Verdad? The song is good and really good to change the pace between the tracks there. Place SuperLove before Breaking Up and the album is pure perfection.

overcast

but wait where is this slay from

edit; wait fuck this super love mixtape
heatwave has ended me
fuck sucker tbh
There is a super love mixtape? That is from her Super Ultra tape I guess. The beat is from Baths album Cerulean though.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
There is a super love mixtape? That is from her Super Ultra tape I guess. The beat is from Baths album Cerulean though.

I meant Super Ultra, freudian slip haha
But yes the supre ultra mixtape is a slay
the cold nites remix is ascending me to a higher plain of existence right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom