• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Charlottesville alt-right white nationalist torch rally

Status
Not open for further replies.
i thought this was good

VUeUaDE.png

VBd9G7f.png

87bv648.png

source
Black neighborhoods had armed night watches to protect each other. It worked.

Sai-kun

Banned
I know you're angry, but vent that anger into political action. The US had a black president and there are a lot of black lawmakers and lots of ways to fight the right way for a good cause. Don't let them divide decent people into sub-groups fighting amongst themselves.

Justice is never attained easily. And you can be sure that even a lot of white conservatives will be on your side, because this shit is atrocious on so many levels. It is one of the few moments in which basically everyone can agree on something and start a strong movement.

Being a minority is never easy, but being in that situation, it is especially important not to lose the moral argument. Mass lynchings are not a solution, they never were. And yes, those double standards are unfair, but that should not drag you down. If you behave like "them", you become "them". You you want to be better than "them" - and stay that way.

killing all nazis doesnt make us as bad as nazis

hope this helps

Bye

That Chris Cantwell video of him dealing with pepper spray in his eyes shows he and his friends talking proudly about how they'll kill "them". Over and over.

The terrorist attack was a feature, not a bug.

Ferrio

Banned
I got a question for mods, at what point can we call a piece of shit poster a piece of shit? There's gotta be some point at which it's allowed. Tired of dancing around it and not being able to call people out like there's some meaningful discussion to have.

How do you guys think these guys decide that it's time to sacrifice their burner account? Like how do they know they definitely want to use it this time?

I imagine this particular event was too good to pass up huh?

Fox Mulder

I got a question for mods, at what point can we call a piece of shit poster a piece of shit? There's gotta be some point at which it's allowed. Tired of dancing around it and not being able to call people out like there's some meaningful discussion to have?

He's a piece of shit and added to my ignore list, but everyone is quoting him anyways.

Sai-kun

Banned
I got a question for mods, at what point can we call a piece of shit poster a piece of shit? There's gotta be some point at which it's allowed. Tired of dancing around it and not being able to call people out like there's some meaningful discussion to have?

Honestly as rightfully emotionally charged as stuff gets around here, you'll still catch a ban for directly and blatantly insulting other posters, as I've found out many times 😋

Black neighborhoods had armed night watches to protect each other. It worked.

Sure as shit dead. I suggest the book "Negroes and the Gun" by Robert F Williams. Gives a first hand account of using self defense against racist aggression.

Don't feed the alt. They're too much a coward to post with their real account so don't give them the satisfaction of a response.

I thought that wasn't allowed?

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Agreed. But when folks actively strive for your extermination you're a fool to let them. They can talk shit but when they dispatch violence which they always have they need to be put back in their hole.

I don't know. Hate speech laws should scope what's a crime and what's not. Speech that encourages violence should warrant consequences. I think there's a lot of nuance here that's beyond "imprison or kill all Nazis."

Please don't misrepresent my views. And allow me to clarify if you're misinterpreting me: I'm not calling for retaliatory violence. I'm not advocating going Dylan Roof sale but opposite side. I'm not calling for a race war. No minority in America could win that and I'm not dumb or suicidal.

What I'm saying is that maybe advocating for the enemy. IF confederate rebels that went to WAR with the US and Nazis which went to WAR with the world which the US is a part of shouldn't be tolerated. I'm not saying you shouldn't be allowed to be a bigoted shithead. That's a good 40% of any nation. I'm saying straight up people that are advocating for genocide and repping a foreign army that LOST should be shat on from the highest level with every possible legal means required to put them back under the rocks like the roaches they are. Let me go to another nation and fly their enemies flag in public and see what they do to me.

But I'm not advocating for the enemy... I just think trying to perform action X on all people of group Y (group Y who can be people who share an ideology) is a really dangerous route to go down without thinking about it very, very hard. Because it can be abused and can go really, really wrong.

Yeah, if you advocate for genocide, that promotes violence, and you should face consequences. That shouldn't be an argument. But the implementation needs to be more detailed than that.

Because a great any of your posts in this thread havethread grade-D shit posts. Good on the cleanup now tho.

Okay, thanks for the attack to close out your post, dude.

What's a Canadian fellow to do to show support and help? This shit is revolting and I feel like I can't do anything but watch.

Sure we have marches here to show solidarity but I feel that ultimately does nothing to actually help my American neighbours.

Gutek

What's a Canadian fellow to do to show support and help? This shit is revolting and I feel like I can't do anything but watch.

Sure we have marches here to show solidarity but I feel that ultimately does nothing to actually help my American neighbours.

Send UN troops and liberate us.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know. Hate speech laws should scope what's a crime and what's not. Speech that encourages violence should warrant consequences. I think there's a lot of nuance here that's beyond "imprison or kill all Nazis."

But I'm not advocating for the enemy... I just think trying to perform action X on all people of group Y (group Y who can be people who share an ideology) is a really dangerous route to go down without thinking about it very, very hard. Because it can be abused and can go really, really wrong.

Yeah, if you advocate for genocide, that promotes violence, and you should face consequences. That shouldn't be an argument. But the implementation needs to be more detailed than that.

Okay, thanks for the attack to close out your post, dude.

Use your actual account, coward.

No chance of one of those militiamen shooting it down with their heavy assault rifles? If it were hovering low enough and they hit a vital area?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah, if you advocate for genocide, that promotes violence, and you should face consequences. That shouldn't be an argument.

that's literally what they do. You're a joke. go away.

The Kree

Banned

Build a wall at your border and don't let this bullshit infect your territory. We're a lost cause.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains

Feel like accepting an American refugee into your home? I won't bring guns.

No chance of one of those militiamen shooting it down with their heavy assault rifles? If it were hovering low enough and they hit a vital area?

Yeah, considering that there's reports right now that the drive attack might have been a coordinated incident, I'm not going to rule out the option that this wasn't an accident. It probably is an accident, but I'm not going to rule the alternative out right now.

Nerazar

killing all nazis doesnt make us as bad as nazis

hope this helps

Bye

Killing a group of people makes us murderers. You can try to calm down that cognitive dissonance for the rest of your life, but you probably don't have that in you. You can try to pretend that killing group A is not as bad as killing group B.

But can you guess who used your logic before (among others)?

It starts with a N and ends with an S. Five letters.

I hope my answer helped.

Bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom