• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Charlottesville alt-right white nationalist torch rally

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's literally what they do. You're a joke. go away.

I think that requires an investigation to prove, though. Playing devil's advocate: Just because you're present at a KKK rally doesn't mean you support the extermination of all non-white people.

Also, not an alt account. I'm really feeling the burn from all these attacks, lol.

Can we give Marco Rubio some credit here? He has pulled no punches with his words about this event.

@marcorubio

Very important for the nation to hear @potus describe events in #Charlottesville for what they are, a terror attack by #whitesupremacists

Killing a group of people makes us murderers. You can try to calm down that cognitive dissonance for the rest of your life, but you probably don't have that in you. You can try to pretend that killing group A is not as bad as killing group B.

But can you guess who used your logic before (among others)?

It starts with a N and ends with an S.

I hope my answer helped.

Bye.
"iT sTArtS wiTH aN N aNd EnDS wiTh aN S"

J1R7eeQ.jpg

~Kinggi~

Banned
So ive been gone all day, basically shits escalating there? On NPR driving home there was a guy really upset about this and saying someone died. Sounded like they were organizing rallies or something.

Jakten

What's a Canadian fellow to do to show support and help? This shit is revolting and I feel like I can't do anything but watch.

Sure we have marches here to show solidarity but I feel that ultimately does nothing to actually help my American neighbours.

Could donate to the people who were injured, there used to be a thread where someone compiled a large list of all the various things you could do or donate to but I can't seem to find it any more. I'll update this post if I find it.

Here is a link to a gofundme for the people injured by the car though:
https://www.gofundme.com/medical-fund-for-comrades-in-cville

Edit: Found it: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1337974 Not everything will apply of course but it should provide some ways to help.

Killing a group of people makes us murderers. You can try to calm down that cognitive dissonance for the rest of your life, but you probably don't have that in you. You can try to pretend that killing group A is not as bad as killing group B.

But can you guess who used your logic before (among others)?

It starts with a N and ends with an S. Five letters.

I hope my answer helped.

Bye.

Facebook is leaking again.

I don't know. Hate speech laws should scope what's a crime and what's not. Speech that encourages violence should warrant consequences. I think there's a lot of nuance here that's beyond "imprison or kill all Nazis."

But I'm not advocating for the enemy... I just think trying to perform action X on all people of group Y (group Y who can be people who share an ideology) is a really dangerous route to go down without thinking about it very, very hard. Because it can be abused and can go really, really wrong.

Yeah, if you advocate for genocide, that promotes violence, and you should face consequences. That shouldn't be an argument.

I don't advocate genocide. I advocate removing people that advocate for Nazis and White Supremacist to be taken as seriously as the government took the Black Panthers. i.e. Do whatever it takes to remove their ability to project force of any significant amount in the US. Disrupt. Spy. Distract. Deter. And find ways to infiltrate and criminalize.

I want them to do what they'd do if Muslims in America held rallies saying "death to America" and "we want sharia law now!". And I use that example not because I believe that's what American Muslims would do because they won't. But could you fucking imagine how quick motherfuckers would stop with the "Nazis have feelings too" bullshit and shut that shit down? That's what I'm saying.

Okay, thanks for the attack to close out your post, dude.

You're not the victim. Give me a break. I can and will criticize your shitty posts when I find them to be shitty. If you wonder why I'm finding them shitty you can go ahead and inquire and I'll be happy to enlighten you on why I came to that conclusion, alt-account.

I don't know. Hate speech laws should scope what's a crime and what's not. Speech that encourages violence should warrant consequences. I think there's a lot of nuance here that's beyond "imprison or kill all Nazis."

But I'm not advocating for the enemy... I just think trying to perform action X on all people of group Y (group Y who can be people who share an ideology) is a really dangerous route to go down without thinking about it very, very hard. Because it can be abused and can go really, really wrong.

Yeah, if you advocate for genocide, that promotes violence, and you should face consequences. That shouldn't be an argument. But the implementation needs to be more detailed than that.

Okay, thanks for the attack to close out your post, dude.

Again. Grow the balls to use your real account or shut the fuck up already. If you're gonna derail at least out yourself.

@AndrewKirell

Surprise: the kid that alt-righters and 4chan "identified" as the driver is not the driver. Kid is on FB now posting about his music.

At some point, this "4chan reporting" has to be worthy of a ban. It does no good and could potentially harm innocent people.

I think that requires an investigation to prove, though. Playing devil's advocate: Just because you're present at a KKK rally doesn't mean you support the extermination of all non-white people.

Also, not an alt account. I'm really feeling the burn from all these attacks, lol.

No, that's exactly what it means

Unless you're there protesting it? Yeah, it kind of does...

Again. Grow the balls to use your real account or shut the fuck up already. If you're gonna derail at least out yourself.

You're only fooling yourself... I'm not an alt account.

No, that's exactly what it means

I disagree. Someone could be present at a KKK rally and not support the extermination of all minorities. Not saying their agenda is reasonable. But I am saying that not all members of a KKK rally support genocide. Also, in a protest/counter protest situation, how would you positively identify who's who?

@Mammoth Jones: I agreed with you there. I wasn't saying you supported genocide. You misunderstood me.

Also, I meant "opponent" as in a debate. What on earth did you think I meant, dude. What the heck, lol.

Alucrid

Banned

"wait you're telling me this isn't the bed sheet ghost meet up?"

jett

D-Member

All your posts are literally in this thread, except for one, which is about the same topic.

Pastry

Banned

Oopsie Daisy how did I get here in this white sheet

Kensation

"Hey, I'm not calling for the death of all minorities, I just want them to be lightly inconvenienced. "

You're only fooling yourself... I'm not an alt account.

I disagree. Someone could be present at a KKK rally and not support the extermination of all minorities. Not saying their agenda is reasonable. But I am saying that not all members of a KKK rally support genocide. Also, in a protest/counter protest situation, how would you positively identify who's who?

@Mammoth Jones: I agreed with you there. I wasn't saying you supported genocide. You misunderstood me.

Do you not realize what they stand for? Do you not know what "14 words" means? Stop it. No one rocks with the Klan unless they down.

It's amazing how people are like 'Well we should protect these statues because it should remind us about history' blah blah blah.

Fuck that, I bet people in Germany wouldn't want a statue of fucking g Goebbels around.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

You've spent way too much time trying to differentiate between white supremacists and nazis with worse white supremacists and nazis. It's like you don't even realize what you're saying. Why else would a person support and attend a kkk rally?

All your posts are literally in this thread, except for one, which is about the same topic.

That doesn't make me an alt account. I woke up, saw the news, saw that GAF had a thread on it, saw that my account was now allowed to post, and started posting what I thought in response to what others were saying.

Like really, I don't think anything I'm saying is far off from what Obama or Hillary Clinton. I'm watching CNN, and I don't think anyone on here has even advocated for some of the murderous/fascist horrifying stuff that has been suggested here.

No, we gotta take a step back and think of an intelligent solution that doesn't generalize the nuances. It's hard, and that's why none of us have put forth reasonable ones yet.

Crosseyes

Banned
What good is government authority if they don't even wield it to protect its people from evil?

Those pictures and videos we see of police militarizing against civilian groups protesting the state like black lives matter... if we had a moral government we could trust the state would be using its power to suppress, persecute, and if necessary kill the evil threatening its people like the alt-right and neo-nazi's.

If the republicans currently in control of government don't start to take action it will only necessitate escalation in domestic conflict.

There are moral things worth fighting for. Worth killing for. If the state doesn't use it's authority to do it orderly and peacefully then action will be thrust upon brave individuals. If the options are Civil war or alt-right nazism taking power... give me liberty or give me death.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
You've spent way too much time trying to differentiate between white supremacists and nazis with worse white supremacists and nazis. It's like you don't even realize what you're saying. Why else would a person support and attend a kkk rally?

Well, what if they thought the meeting would have a real wizard and were just there to see magic tricks?

Grazzt

I can't believe such kind of rally can happen in today's world, and it is not even the worst part.
What's wrong with America? What a shithole.

Ozigizo

That doesn't make me an alt account. I woke up, saw the news, saw that GAF had a thread on it, saw that my account was now allowed to post, and started posting what I thought in response to what others were saying.

Like really, I don't think anything I'm saying is far off from what Obama or Hillary Clinton. I'm watching CNN, and I don't think anyone on here has even advocated for some of the murderous/fascist horrifying stuff that has been suggested here.

No, we gotta take a step back and think of an intelligent solution that doesn't generalize the nuances. It's hard, and that's why none of us have put forth reasonable ones yet.

Yeah. Everybody just sort of wakes up and goes "Y'know, I think I'll go defend the Klan today."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom