• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Charlottesville alt-right white nationalist torch rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

The new Nazi uniform

screenshot_69.png

(Top pic is of Vanguard America, an openly racist, anti-Semetic, white-supremacist group who desire a white-only nation and "natural order". They maintain an active YouTube channel and Instagram account.)

Fergie

Banned
Maybe you don't like minorities but don't want to see them die?

Maybe you're there to accompany a loved one and aren't actually racist yourself?

Maybe you're forced to?

Maybe you're there for the fried chicken?

I dunno. I'm sure there are many reasons beyond "murder all minorities." Again, not saying anyone who's there deserves their dignity, but I am saying that not everyone at these rallies is probably trying to commit genocide and can be tried as such.
You should try harder m8.

Lol, I'll support any X- or Y-supporter's right to free speech for as long as he or she doesn't directly harm anyone or incite harm to people.

Just because we don't agree with things doesn't mean we should censor them. I really disagree with that.

We should censor speech that harms and incites harm.

It's not about whatever shitbrained libertarian bullshit you pretend to spout while you sit comfortably knowing white terrorist organizations don't get the sake clamp-down as other organizations.

Until I see you in other threads advocating for ISIS and such you're full of shit.

Treat the Klan and Nazis as the terrorist organizations they are. Problem solved. Stop defending terror orgs.

Fercho

It's no longer 2004. "Feeding the troll" = Calling out the absurdity of someone's post. Nor does this equate to a person winning.

You have people that spent their teen years on message boards growing up to think that being a horrible human being is just trolling.

It's really obvious this guy is an alt- (right) account. It's not worth it. Just move on. What he wants is to have replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
If you have a loved one who is a Nazi and you haven't cut them off you are a Nazi Sympathizer.

No, no see you yourself are not the racist. You are just walking along with Nazis because of a loved one. The entire time you are probably thinking "Man, I hate Nazis! But I do love this one so much, so I'll just walk with the nazis and help them spread their message. I totally don't approve of it though! I'm not a racist myself!"
Totally different. And very realistic.
Happens all the time, really.

Nabs

Yall do realize that poster is going to ignore every point you make and selectively reply to those who will continue to engage them because of the "controversial" nature of their words, right?

Just report them and move on.

And understand that another one will pop up to take his place. They take turns to disrupt conversation on important issues. Don't give them what they want.

moggio

Banned
Maybe you don't like minorities but don't want to see them die?

Maybe you're there to accompany a loved one and aren't actually racist yourself?

Maybe you're forced to?

Maybe you're there for the fried chicken?

I dunno. I'm sure there are many reasons beyond "murder all minorities." Again, not saying anyone who's there deserves their dignity, but I am saying that not everyone at these rallies is probably trying to commit genocide and can be tried as such.

Go back to bed, mate.

krazen

Really, who here HASN'T joined a Nazi rally to accompany a loved one despite not being a racist yourself?

I go there for the lynching floats. Last year had a really cool looking "Only good jews are dead ones" t-shirt rocking Mickey Maus ballon.

And of course, as previously said, the fried chicken

Yall do realize that poster is going to ignore every point you make and selectively reply to those who will continue to engage them because of the "controversial" nature of their words, right?

Well... I'm being selective because I'm getting lit up in here. Literally getting shit on by a lot of people.

At this point, I'm just getting called a racist and a Nazi and an alt account because people disagree with me.

I should note that it's mostly impossible for me to be a Nazi or white supremacist unless I'm on some Clayton Bigsby shit, but that won't convince anyone, I'm sure.

Lautaro

Checked in on this thread a few times today. Seeing the same garbage troll on every page arguing we need to respect Nazi beliefs and violence because of free speech. Thinking, "this trash isn't banned yet?"

I usually dislike excessive banning in this forum but in this case this thread is just getting played by some Voat troll. Better cut their fun.

Syder

(Top pic is of Vanguard America, an openly racist, anti-Semetic, white-supremacist group who desire a white-only nation and "natural order". They maintain an active YouTube channel and Instagram account.)
but tell me why shit as innocuous as wrestling can't be monetised, YouTube.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Maybe this is mere semantics, but I have a question for you guys. Not rhetorical a serious question.

Do you think using the term "Nazi" on a bunch of two-bit idiots kinda "cheapens" the word? I mean, here's a group that was responsible for a world war, the deaths of hundreds of millions, enslavement of innocents, genocide, and mass murder of 6+ million Jews, and we're using the term for a bunch of morons who probably couldn't tell Goebbels from their next door neighbor.

Or maybe the term has just evolved now socially and merely defines any white supremacist.

Again, could be mere semantics, but I don't know... something about using that term, which carries such a big weight for idiot lowlife nobodies makes me feel "ehhh..."

Would appreciate any thoughts.

Well... I'm being selective because I'm getting lit up in here. Literally getting shit on by a lot of people.

At this point, I'm just getting called a racist and a Nazi and an alt account because people disagree with me.

I should note that it's mostly impossible for me to be a Nazi or white supremacist unless I'm on some Clayton Bigsby shit, but that won't convince anyone, I'm sure.
Wow

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
The new Nazi uniform

screenshot_69.png

Lolol holy fuck they're adopted Trump's golfing outfit as their uniform?

These are some pathetic cuckle fucks.

The new Nazi uniform

screenshot_69.png

They should get a bad fake orange tan like their idiot leader.

The Kree

Banned

People's actual lives are at stake facing down proponents of genocide and you've made this thread entirely about you by repeatedly posting the dumbest possible statements one could ever make on the subject, and you've done it for no other reason than to entertain yourself on a Saturday afternoon.

You're garbage. You're too stupid to argue with.

This, they got a whole site dedicated to egging posters on here.

SexyFish

Banned
Maybe this is mere semantics, but I have a question for you guys. Not rhetorical a serious question.

Do you think using the term "Nazi" on a bunch of two-bit idiots kinda "cheapens" the word? I mean, here's a group that was responsible for a world war, the deaths of hundreds of millions, enslavement of innocents, genocide, and mass murder of 6+ million Jews, and we're using the term for a bunch of morons who probably couldn't tell Goebbels from their next door neighbor.

Or maybe the term has just evolved now socially and merely defines any white supremacist.

Again, could be mere semantics, but I don't know... something about using that term, which carries such a big weight for idiot lowlife nobodies makes me feel "ehhh..."

People that have Nazi ideas and use Nazi propaganda and carry the Nazi flag to be actual Nazis.

DHDNUllW0AAODvU.jpg

The main bulk of people that allowed the genocide to occur were not some kind of Uber SS soldiers, they were the same kind of ressented tiny people that goes around in 4chan today.

They were regular people, fearful and resentful. Large spread of fear and resentment are the two ingredients for a disaster.

Lautaro

Do you think all german nazis were evil geniuses? those were the people leading, the two-bit idiots were in the frontlines and they were critical to the power of the nazi party. Don't underestimate angry idiots.

No, it does not. That is what these people support. They support the nazi agenda.

If anything, we have looked away too long before branding them as such, to the point of even coming up with terms like alt-right to not accuse people of being nazi's.

People that have Nazi ideas and use Nazi propaganda and carry the Nazi flag to be actual Nazis.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHDNUllW0AAODvU.jpg
The more I look at this picture, the sadder I become. We don't only have someone literally carrying the nazi flag. But we have a ton of people standing around it, willing to associate themselves with it by not speaking up and throwing this dude out. Says enough really about what these people really think.

Future

The new Nazi uniform

screenshot_69.png

There has always been shitty people and shitty movements. The KKK still would gather and do bullshit

But the fact that they are now coopting the brand of the president to their shitty causes, and the president is doing fucking NOTHING to distance himself away from it is the shit thats blowing my mind. God dammit all you motherfuckers that voted for this dude

It's really obvious this guy is an alt- (right) account. It's not worth it. Just move on. What he wants is to have replies.

I agree that the person is so miserable that the only enjoyment they can receive is from posting absurdities on a message board, but I think it is important not to equate posting thoughtful responses as "feeding the trolls." Since there are benefits of not having a community be quiet to ignorance, especially when you have a growing population of youth thinking that being a terrible human being is just trolling.

He has been on my ignored list after my first reply to him so I don't think we are in disagreement about how much effort you should give. But I wanted to highlight that meaningful responses that are viewed by others are beneficial to passerbys and lurkers.

Zen Aku

Why yes, I do.

For incidents like this, using violence for self-defense is appropriate. Calling for the mass extermination of people or throwing people in prison without a well-developed framework to do so is not appropriate.
How about we just ship them all to Antartica.

pigeon

Banned

They're idiot lowlife nobodies who put their candidate in the White House.

Zeta Oni

And understand that another one will pop up to take his place. They take turns to disrupt conversation on important issues. Don't give them what they want.

I don't understand how my stance is giving them what they want but several pages quoting a post created purely to be quoted by as many people as possible somehow isn't.

The very act of responding is what they want, every word typed another second wasted.

None of your points are being heard or discussed by the people your making them to, and outside of those people, your preaching to the choir here.

You say they will come anyway, but I can only imagine engaging them how things are going does nothing but show smoke to the rest of the fire starters.

FSLink

Banned
I agree that the person is so miserable that the only enjoyment they can receive is from posting absurdities on a message board, but I think it is important not to equate posting thoughtful responses as "feeding the trolls." Since there are benefits of not having a community be quiet to ignorance, especially when you have a growing population of youth thinking that being a terrible human being is just trolling.

He has been on my ignored list after my first reply to him.

Very well said.

EDIT: And he's gone. Good riddance.

On one hand, I see your point, but the historic comparisons you're listing didn't just start out as a massive movement overnight. People are quickly calling it out now cause this sort of filth needs to be recognized before it grows any further.

Nazism is officially an ideology that's grown beyond just the organization that originally founded and coined the term. When we call these people Nazis it's because they follow that ideology and use its symbolism to represent themselves.

Nabs

I don't understand how my stance is giving them what they want but several pages quoting a post created purely to be quoted by as many people as possible somehow isn't.

The very act of responding is what they want, every word typed another second wasted.

None of your points are being heard or discussed by the people your making them to, and outside of those people, your preaching to the choir here.

You say they will come anyway, but I can only imagine engaging them how things are going does nothing but show smoke to the rest of the fire starters.

I was agreeing with you.

The Kree

Banned

The Nazis were Nazis before they controlled Germany. They started small, they debated with idiot liberals who thought it was a good idea to argue with them in good faith, and slowly, over a period of years, they gained control over the German government democratically until they were too powerful to stop.

So, no, you do not take these people for granted. You call them what they are and you snuff them out before it's too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom