• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

-CHASE- Unsolved Cases Division announced (ex-CING staff, 3DS eShop)

yeah you know what, the more i think about it, the more hesitant i am about how similar the main character looks to kyle hyde.

maybe i'm jumping the gun because nothing's confirmed yet, but... it wouldn't feel right to me to try to continue kyle's story without suzuki on board. i certainly don't mean to downplay kanasaki's contributions to the series, i'm certain he'll do a good job as director here as well, just... idk. in the face of suzuki having spoken not too long ago about wanting to find some way to bring the continuation of kyle's story to fans, not having her onboard as a writer would seem very off to me.

still, with a spring release set (am i missing somewhere it says summer? both the site and the article say spring release), we'll probably be hearing more about it soon. i'm definitely looking forward to it, and i'll definitely be playing the japanese version at release, but... i suppose since it's such a dream game, i can't help but be a bit hesitant lol. don't mean to be a downer or anything!

I really love Hotel Dusk/Last Window, so any chance of a similar game is very welcome in my book. Plus, the music on the website is damn great.

Really hoping this gets localized.

jblank83

Max hype
Can't wait

1419795-picture_3.png

D-Man

Holy shit the main guy straight up looks like Kyle Hyde. If this gets localized, I'm definitely checking it out.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I'd hesitate to get hyped for any ex-CiNG game Rika Suzuki isn't involved with. The adventure games she wrote for were their best.

How did I miss this? My heart is cinging!

Sorry. In all seriousness, I will buy this in Japanese for support and in English when ArcSys DOES THE RIGHT THING.

Really wish we got the Wii one in the states. Same with the Hotel Dusk sequel. At least the DS isn't region locked...right?

DS games are region free on both 3DS and original hardware. As for AC:R, it's easy enough to soft-mod a Wii or Wii U so that out-of-region Wii games can be played on it. The game itself can be had for cheap, so it's very importable :).

That is literally Kyle Hyde. I'm down. There's been a CING-shaped hole in my heart for the past few years. No one made Adventure/VN hybrids quite like they did.

Makonero

I would buy this in a heartbeat. Loved Hotel Dusk and its sequel (even if the writing in the sequel was snore-worthy) and both Trace Memory and Another Code for Wii (although I didn't ever finish it, I definitely want to someday).

Kyonashi

you know, I think this could be the first game I ever play in Japanese with a translation up on a PC screen if it doesn't get localised.

Hotel Duck was something else. Blew my mind how great is was. The Last Window was fantastic too. I'll get this Day 1 for sure if localized.

Hotel Duck was something else. Blew my mind how great is was. The Last Window was fantastic too. I'll get this Day 1 for sure if localized.
I loved it too, but I always wondered how it opened doors with those stubby wings... Quite the plot hole. Poor Rosa, too! Can't imagine the cleanup!

YES!
THE RETURN OF CING.

I never expected this day to come, but I am so overjoyed.

I'm happy they are staying loyal to Nintendo as well. ♥

Amazing to hear this new studio is basically CING 2.0, just w/o Suzuki right at the moment. But who knows, maybe she can work on this via contract? CING did make at least one game w/o her writing, not sure how that played out, so the situation could go either way.

Davey Cakes

Color me SUPER interested after Hotel Dusk and Last Window, two of my favorite DS games.

Please get a localization. PLEASE.

I was so damn happy that I was able to play Last Window thanks to the DS being region-free. Great experience, and every bit as good as its predecessor. We need more games like this!

pHand

I would buy this in a heartbeat. Loved Hotel Dusk and its sequel (even if the writing in the sequel was snore-worthy) and both Trace Memory and Another Code for Wii (although I didn't ever finish it, I definitely want to someday).

Last Window was EU only, so I'm guessing Treehouse didn't handle the localization like they did for Hotel Dusk. As a result, it did lack a bit of personality, but I was still engrossed by the mystery.

Anyway, day one for this if it gets localized. Don't even care if it's 30 bucks, I need off-brand Kyle in my life!

We've really been starved of games like this on 3DS versus the amount we got on DS, so yes fucking please. So glad to see Cing make a comeback. Let's hope that comeback is a success story.

Kalor

That looks a lot closer to Hyde than I was expecting. I'm curious how this turns out and if it gets localized.

Even the music on the website sounds like something from one of the games.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
hmmm digital, but would still need to be localized.... any chance for us shop?

Eila

I loved Hotel Dusk/Last Window, so this is right up my alley.
Kind of a shame that they're going to release a 3DS exclusive and yet aren't using one of their old IP. I wish they'd have tried to create another Kyle Hyde game over a new IP.

orient

Neo Member
Last Window was EU only, so I'm guessing Treehouse didn't handle the localization like they did for Hotel Dusk. As a result, it did lack a bit of personality, but I was still engrossed by the mystery.

I believe the localisation of Hotel Dusk was a joint effort between Treehouse and a localiser named Alan Averill. It's true that they didn't work on The Last Window, which was handled by NOE.

It may not reach the pulpy heights of Hotel Dusk, but I found The Last Window's writing to be more than engaging.

Eila

Those are owned by Nintendo, so they can't do that.

I bet it wasn't easy alright, but Sega owns Shenmue and 3 is still happening.
I'm sure their new publisher or the devs themselves wanted to keep IP ownership and that's the main reason they didn't work on Hotel Dusk/Trace Memory.

oh goodness i had even dropped "spiritual successor to cing's games" from my internal list of unrealistic dream games. this is awesome.

Did the same team behind Hotel Dusk and Another Code make Another Code:R? That game was pretty damn bad, so it's good to see a (hopeful)return to form.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Did the same team behind Hotel Dusk and Another Code make Another Code:R? That game was pretty damn bad, so it's good to see a (hopeful)return to form.

A lot of these games were made by the same personnel but they weren't necessarily in the same roles for every game.

The guy who's directing this new game was both the director and art director for most of the games he made for Nintendo, but Another Code R was directed by someone else (a guy named Komine who also directed Again, the game they made for Tecmo).

Similar, Rita Suzuki was both a scenario writer and planner on most of their games but she solely contributed the scenario to Last Window.

Top Bottom