• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| Cheap, Calm, and Carry On

Status
Not open for further replies.

AerialAir

Banned
So, PlayStation sent out the 20% discount for Witcher 3 Expansion Pass. I never bought DLC in my life, but Witcher 3 is the best game I've ever played on the PS4. Is 20€ reasonable for the content? Or are there better deals in the expansion pass?

Intel_89

So, PlayStation sent out the 20% discount for Witcher 3 Expansion Pass. I never bought DLC in my life, but Witcher 3 is the best game I've ever played on the PS4. Is 20€ reasonable for the content? Or are there better deals in the expansion pass?

Sent out as in emailed a discount code?

AerialAir

Banned
Sent out as in emailed a discount code?

Yes, Sony sent me this today, along with a discount code. I assume everyone's getting it?

Captura_de_ecra_2016_07_29_a_s_00_25_43.png

Intel_89

Yes, Sony sent me this today, along with a discount code. I assume everyone's getting it?

Captura_de_ecra_2016_07_29_a_s_00_25_43.png

Oh neat, I can't recommend games/content that I haven't experienced yet but I'm sure most people will tell you to go for it, especially since you seem to have enjoyed the base game.

EDIT: I wouldn't be surprised if a GOTY Edition showed up down the line with all of the extra content included in the disc though.

AerialAir

Banned
Oh neat, I can't recommend games/content that I haven't experienced yet but I'm sure most people will tell you to go for it, especially since you seem to have enjoyed the base game.

EDIT: I wouldn't be surprised if a GOTY Edition showed up down the line with all of the extra content included in the disc though.

Witcher 3 GOTY has actually already been confirmed, but between buying this now or waiting for the GOTY, it's probably best to buy it now, since I already have the base game and the price will probably be the same.

NateDog

TGC cancelled my Pokèmon orders with the birthday code twice because of card issues which is weird since I actually have money on my card now (which I never used to) and past orders went through fine.

madmackem

Reasonable??? You should pay them even more, hahaha.

Craft

why would you buy it at all
I picked my copy up for about £12 and for that price it's not too bad, I've probably put about 10 hours into with my 3 year old son who loves it.
The board game is very simple and when you've played it once you'll have seen everything it has to offer. There is some customisation available for the board, but they are mostly just decorative.
The mini games are also very simple and need to be unlocked using happy points which are either earned by playing the board game or mini games.
You'll probably end up playing each of these once or twice with the exception of desert island escape.

It comes with 2 Amiibo's and 3 Animal crossing cards which can be used with happy home designer and at some point Animal crossing new leaf, so even if you don't play the game there is value in that.

Intel_89

I'm just joshing you yian, it's all good. At least thanks to this I got an excuse to pick up Inazuma Eleven ChronoStones Donerknall.

Intel_89

Doom just keeps dropping and dropping and dropping. At £21, I'm actually tempted to see what the fuss is about.

It's a really good rump in a high difficulty, I've already sold my copy at CEX because I knew there'd be a massive drop sometime soon but I plan to buy it again down the line when it's a bit cheaper.

Intel_89

Amazon.fr has a bunch of PS4 WB games starting at 19,99€ (Arkham Knight, MK X) and Witcher 3 for PC/PS4/X1 for 19,99€ as well.

Ruruja

Cheapest place to get PAL Pokémon X? Thanks in advance

If you're willing to wait, it went on sale for £16 a few weeks ago on Tesco Direct (when I bought it) and was £12 on there a week ago. Seems to be when they only have a few in stock remaining though so you have to be vigilent.

Saiyan-Rox

Cheapest place to get PAL Pokémon X? Thanks in advance

now that pokemon go is out all the pokemon games prices will hold and go up so you'll be waiting god knows how long for a decent price now.

Went into CeX for example and they're now selling Pokemon Diamond for £35 and omega ruby for £50

jesu

Might be worth mentioning...
Xbox owners you can get £25 for trading in PvZ Garden Warfare 2 at shopto just now.
It goes in to the EA Access vault at the end of August.
Might as well get rid of it now if you have the disc, get most of your money back and still be able to play it next month :)

Uncharted 4 is £22.99 on Amazon Prime Now with code SAVE5.

It's normally for first time users but I got a "we missed you" email saying it was valid again so worth a try.

Wurst

Saturn.de has that 2 for 3 deal for USK18 titles.. and I'm looking to start my PS4 library.

Is Last of Us, GTA5 and Witcher 3 for 91€ (30€ per title) a good deal?

Don't have time to play them all right away, but prices seem to remain pretty high for all of them..

Saturn.de has that 2 for 3 deal for USK18 titles.. and I'm looking to start my PS4 library.

Don't have time to play them all right away, but prices seem to remain pretty high for all of them..

Seems a little excessive imo considering the age of the games, plus a Witcher 3 GOTY edition is coming out sometime soon.

Sakujou

Banned

the last of us can be bought for 8-10 us dollars(us psn), i think there will be a goty of w3 for christmas with everything packed in for a good price.
gta5 is indeed a still pricey gaem.

Wurst

the last of us can be bought for 8-10 us dollars(us psn), i think there will be a goty of w3 for christmas with everything packed in for a good price.
gta5 is indeed a still pricey gaem.

Can I buy it with an Euro-Account? 8-10 dollars is pretty sweet.
I'm going to hold off and wait for deals. Thanks for the advice!

Eolz

Tempted to get Project X Zone 2 for less than 18£ (on base and other websites). Doubt it'll get any lower before some time, right?

Can I buy it with an Euro-Account? 8-10 dollars is pretty sweet.
I'm going to hold off and wait for deals. Thanks for the advice!

You can't buy it, but you can play it (That's what it matters anyway), so you have to make an US account set it as primary on your ps4, purchase it with that one, and after that you can play with your normal account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom