• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| Cheap, Calm, and Carry On

Status
Not open for further replies.

AerialAir

Banned
Can anyone tell me the cheapest place to get Batman: Arkham Knight in the UK? I was hoping to get it for about a tenner,and I don't mind if that's new or used.

well, that all depends on the platform you want it for

Edit - Shit, should have said. It's for the PS4!

http://www.365games.co.uk/ps4-games/batman-arkham-knight-ps4-game
Not a tenner, but its new. Its possible that a used copy might be cheaper, but I dont live in the UK so dunno.

flohen95

I actually just got an email that I can come and collect this in store. I totally forgot I even placed an order.

I've got the shipping confirmation today, so this time, it might actually have worked. Did you get the game for the advertised price (since they reserve the right to change the price when you pick it up in-store?) or did you not pick it up (yet)?

Anyway, next thing that will be interesting is how they take the payment, since I payed via PayPal and they hadn't charged before the 30 day period ended. I talked to customer service and they said it would not be a problem, but so far, they haven't charged me anything, which is odd. I'll cross my fingers and hope it works out somehow.

I've got the shipping confirmation today, so this time, it might actually have worked. Did you get the game for the advertised price (since they reserve the right to change the price when you pick it up in-store?) or did you not pick it up (yet)?

Anyway, next thing that will be interesting is how they take the payment, since I payed via PayPal and they hadn't charged before the 30 day period ended. I talked to customer service and they said it would not be a problem, but so far, they haven't charged me anything, which is odd. I'll cross my fingers and hope it works out somehow.
Didn't have time yet.
I.e. I was lazy
They reserve it for two weeks so I'll stop by in the next few days and give you an update if you want!

Hesemonni

Banned
For how long has base.com been around? I don't even have PS4 yet, but I'm tempted to buy the Destiny Collection for 43.50 € o_O

I take it that all good PS4 Slim deals are reserved for US?

Intel_89

For how long has base.com been around? I don't even have PS4 yet, but I'm tempted to buy the Destiny Collection for 43.50 € o_O

I take it that all good PS4 Slim deals are reserved for US?

It's been around for a while, I only buy stuff from there and TGC besides Amazon.

oti

Banned
base.com have some good deals for PS4
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1280927

In my case whenever I pre-ordered from them, they'd charge me a day before release if not ON release day and I get the game in 3ish days' time, but mainly because I live outside the UK.
If you're in UK, I'd say you'd get it on release date if not a day after :X

I'm buying FF XV and Destiny. 85€ combined for those games is a steal. I can wait a couple of days until I get the games in Germany.

Edit: It's 88€ in the end. Anyone got a spare coupon for base.com?

Pennywise

I'm buying FF XV and Destiny. 85€ combined for those games is a steal. I can wait a couple of days until I get the games in Germany.

Edit: It's 88€ in the end. Anyone got a spare coupon for base.com?

Holy Butterkuchen.
Yes sounds great.
Such a shame that a credit card is necessary :/ both Base and Ama UK got some sweet deals.

Wurst

FFXV for 45€ is a sweet Deal.. I do have a huge backlog, though. Any Chance its price will Drop to 45€ 3-4 months after Release? Or is this how cheap it's going to get for a long time?

AerialAir

Banned
Not exactly dirt cheap, but grooves.land has Bravely Second for 34,99€ + free shipping anywhere. Not sure if they're trustworthy, but I've placed an order.

Edit: They also have Shin Megami Tensei 4: Apocalypse for 37,29€, though it's the DE version with that ugly USK logo.

Since people were asking about base, they just shipped (to Europe) a pre-order that's releasing on Friday. So I guess it depends on the game

MilkyJoe

Forza Horizon 3 with pre-order R8 bonus for £37 on amazon

Forza_Horizon3._V269641667_.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=amb_...rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=974596467&pf_rd_i=B01GVMW3HS

Note, I don't condone pre-ordering blindly. this one has a demo.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Is base.com delivering on release day ?

They shipped DQVII on Friday last week, so on release day. Don't go to base for speed. :D

I received my copy of Dragon Quest VII on release day. I'm from the UK for reference.

That said maybe I got lucky considering TheMoon didn't. :p

Non-UK here so maybe they do prioritize there.

I mean, it takes more time to get to TheMoon

👻

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Always surprised that in-store deals at supermarkets are so difficult to get in London.

Really want to get on that PES 17 deal in Tesco, but the nearest superstore to me stocks like 5 games, and the next nearest one is over an hour round trip!

Anyone know if Tescos still use Yodel for their deliveries? Had my Xbox One S dispatched but if it is still Yodel then I'm expecting it to arrive in pieces :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom