• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| With Or Without EU

holygeesus

Banned
(Re-post from the Xbox black friday thread)
So it seems Simply Games quietly cancelled all those £20 Titanfall 2 orders. Got a cancellation email this morning, 4 days after placing the order. Generic email, no real explanation. People on Twitter are reporting the same thing.

This seems to be a common tactic this time round. Lure people in with offers and then quietly cancel. Tesco did the same thing with me and Doom - it was only £14 so hardly a massive mis-price.

What's the cheapest price on FFXV deluxe (anywhere in Europe is fine, I don't mind ugly logos :p)

I think I actually want the deluxe edition contents tbh, and GAME seems to be the only one carrying it in the U.K. (for £70 as well :/)

What's the cheapest price on FFXV deluxe (anywhere in Europe is fine, I don't mind ugly logos :p)

I think I actually want the deluxe edition contents tbh, and GAME seems to be the only one carrying it in the U.K. (for £70 as well :/)

Gameseek has Xbox One version for £57 or PS4 for £65. Never ordered from that site so i cant say anything about them.

http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/videogamesm2ypayhffu/xbox-one-final-fantasy-xv-deluxe-edition

Edit: Just saw they get the PS4 version 1 week after release.

Mr. Sam

(Re-post from the Xbox black friday thread)
So it seems Simply Games quietly cancelled all those £20 Titanfall 2 orders. Got a cancellation email this morning, 4 days after placing the order. Generic email, no real explanation. People on Twitter are reporting the same thing.

I'd be fuming if I was someone who'd not bothered to get the HMV offer because of this.

If I sell my 500GB Xbox One how much am I likely to get for it. I'm seeing prices on ebay from £120 - £160. I'm trying to work out what the net spend on an Xbox One S for £200 would be.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
CEX will give you £122 so I'd say privately you could get £140 or so.

Wow that's pretty good. You could almost swap for free. £229 from MS store with Fifa, halo 5, FH3. £24 cashback from quidco (ends tonight so hurry up) takes it down to £205. sell the three games for..£50? Now you're down to £155. Sell the xbox for £140 and it only cost you £15 to change

Wow that's pretty good. You could almost swap for free. £229 from MS store with Fifa, halo 5, FH3. £24 cashback from quidco (ends tonight so hurry up) takes it down to £205. sell the three games for..£50? Now you're down to £155. Sell the xbox for £140 and it only cost you £15 to change

I'm actually pretty tempted to do it myself, even if it's just to get an updated warranty and 4k blu Ray player.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
If I don't get an Amazon marketplace PlayStation pro by December 4th I might just give up until the new year to see if any offers pop up. Want to christen my new 4K TV though

Deband

This seems to be a common tactic this time round. Lure people in with offers and then quietly cancel. Tesco did the same thing with me and Doom - it was only £14 so hardly a massive mis-price.

I was in Game today and they had it for £15 if you're still looking.

Rikkun

FAAAACK I waited an extra day to see if Game would put their 3DS prices down for Cyber Monday but instead they "sold out" of the orange and black one! How is this even possible gaaaaah

US got that sweet 99$ new 3DS deal while we're stuck with paying 160+€ and you can't even charge the goddamn thing.

Nintendo stop fucking with us, it's a dead console, discount it while you can still sell it

Zafir

Anyone got shipping confirmation for FFXV from Game? They ship before 5, so I guess I'm out? :(

A few weeks ago I ordered a mouse from them(Wouldn't usually, but they were the cheapest) around the same time as a lot of other releases were happening. I didn't get a dispatch at all, and it never came up as shipped in my account. It did however come when I expected it to(ie in 2 days as it was second class post). I checked Twitter at the time, and a lot of people who'd pre-ordered stuff had complained that they never got any notice, but it did arrive on release.

Long story short, don't give up hope, it may still come tomorrow and they're still doing silly things with their dispatch system.

CEX will give you £122 so I'd say privately you could get £140 or so.

Thanks. With Scorpio coming out next year I want to be careful about buying an S. For £15 or so the benefits of the 4k blu ray and a slightly better console is worth it even if I probably will sell it on in one year.

Auctopus

Just ordered The Last Guardian from TGC, fingers crossed for an early Saturday arrival. I noticed their site has had a facelift, I hope it's just a visual change 'cause I sure love how those boys operate.

Just ordered The Last Guardian from TGC, fingers crossed for an early Saturday arrival. I noticed their site has had a facelift, I hope it's just a visual change 'cause I sure love how those boys operate.

Speaking of TGC, FFXV's the first game they haven't got to me before release date. I did only pay £30 though, so I can't complain.

SDR-UK

When is TLG launching here in the UK? It's only TGC that has it as Dec. 6th, which I believe might be a mistake. I'm trying to weigh out my options-do I buy it digitally via US or get it through one of the sites here but wait a few more days. Anybody have a definitive answer?

When is TLG launching here in the UK? It's only TGC that has it as Dec. 6th, which I believe might be a mistake. I'm trying to weigh out my options-do I buy it digitally via US or get it through one of the sites here but wait a few more days. Anybody have a definitive answer?

Officially it's 9th December in the UK.

I wanna pre-order TLG from shopto, what about Zoll @Germans ?

No Zoll for goods from UK.

Gavin Robertson

Neo Member
Little bit of work required here, but Tesco stores are seemingly dumping their Wii U stock and if you are lucky you can grab a few bargains. I managed to snag Paper Mario Color Splash for £12.50 and Pokken Tournament for £16, while others have grabbed the likes of Zelda Twilight for £12.50 and Mario Kart for £14. Unfortunately the prices are not nationwide, but well worth checking your local stores to help round out your collection.

US got that sweet 99$ new 3DS deal while we're stuck with paying 160+€ and you can't even charge the goddamn thing.

Nintendo stop fucking with us, it's a dead console, discount it while you can still sell it

Yeah that's it, I completely agree. I was talking to a friend about this earlier today - I find it bizarre that Game had a couple of Wii U offers over the weekend, but not a single penny dropped off the price of a 3DS. They launched a couple new colours just this month, so it's not like there's a shortage of stock!

Sakujou

Banned
Yeah that's it, I completely agree. I was talking to a friend about this earlier today - I find it bizarre that Game had a couple of Wii U offers over the weekend, but not a single penny dropped off the price of a 3DS. They launched a couple new colours just this month, so it's not like there's a shortage of stock!

nintendo is apple.
they dont drop their stupid prices.

since the wii, they have their premium-shit figured out.

if you see some deals, grab them while you can.

Pretty sure there were deals for Nintendo handhelds over BF, but all of them were for 2DS. That's the system Nintendo wanted to push in EU. You could find it including a game for 80-100€

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important

Don't you live in Italy?
It's constantly on offer for €89/€99 (while the XL is €129 and the 2DS bundle with NSMB2 was €49) at Unieuro stores.
Got a white New 3DS for €89 myself for Valentine Day (also Mario Maker for €20), came as €100 shipped since I don't have a store near me to pick it up there. (Add €11 if you order online without in-store pick up, coz shipping is fuckin expensive there)
It was the second time they had run the promo and they did it two times more after that. Last time was in June.
Dunno if it's on sale atm but you should check there regularly just in case or set a Facebook alert or something.

Edit: full price right now

prgxA3A.jpg

nintendo is apple.
they dont drop their stupid prices.

since the wii, they have their premium-shit figured out.

if you see some deals, grab them while you can.

Jim Sterling just did a video on this, they'd rather sell out and fuck over their fans than see them have a good deal.

Also holy shit that is bad from Simply, wait til all the deals are over and cancel. If was me I'd never use them again.

Don't you live in Italy?
It's constantly on offer for €89/€99 (while the XL is €129 and the 2DS bundle with NSMB2 was €49) at Unieuro stores.
Got a white New 3DS for €89 myself for Valentine Day (also Mario Maker for €20), came as €100 shipped since I don't have a store near me to pick it up there. (Add €11 if you order online without in-store pick up, coz shipping is fuckin expensive there)
It was the second time they had run the promo and they did it two times more after that. Last time was in June.
Dunno if it's on sale atm but you should check there regularly just in case or set a Facebook alert or something.

€129 for a New XL? That's insane - we're stuck paying £170+ here!

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Little bit of work required here, but Tesco stores are seemingly dumping their Wii U stock and if you are lucky you can grab a few bargains. I managed to snag Paper Mario Color Splash for £12.50 and Pokken Tournament for £16, while others have grabbed the likes of Zelda Twilight for £12.50 and Mario Kart for £14. Unfortunately the prices are not nationwide, but well worth checking your local stores to help round out your collection.

Great price for those games for sure!

im_dany

Don't you live in Italy?

Edit: full price right now

Yeah I remember this, I bought from them when it was on sale for 130€ because it seemed a nice deal, then two weeks later it was 99€ (same place, Unieuro) and they've had it a few more times iirc.

Jesus, seeing all these trustpilot reviews for simply games.

They a good company. Probably my favourite retailer. They tend to be cheapest and quickest. But they screwed up here and should have made amends. They can't blame stock issues as nobody here or on HUKD has actually got the game from them. They should be giving a discount to the people affected.

They need to act how GAME behaved with that PS4 deal. They cancelled orders too, but realised their mistake.

You can't just advertise something and then not honour it. This wasn't a misprice. You behaving in a poor manner and stopping people from buying the game from other places.

This is coming from someone who paid full price for Titanfall.

Hasney

It's off the back of cocking up the World of Final Fantasy pre-orders too and not giving people day 1 editions while still advertising having the Day One edition after launch.

It's a shame, it's a company I've been dealing with since I got my Dreamcast from them and they've been consistently great for me personally, but those two cock ups in quick succession do make me question it, even though I got a copy of Final Fantasy XV for £32 and delivered 3 days early which TGC couldn't even match this time around.

sam777

Jesus, seeing all these trustpilot reviews for simply games.

They a good company. Probably my favourite retailer. They tend to be cheapest and quickest. But they screwed up here and should have made amends. They can't blame stock issues as nobody here or on HUKD has actually got the game from them. They should be giving a discount to the people affected.

They need to act how GAME behaved with that PS4 deal. They cancelled orders too, but realised their mistake.

You can't just advertise something and then not honour it. This wasn't a misprice. You behaving in a poor manner and stopping people from buying the game from other places.

This is coming from someone who paid full price for Titanfall.

Some people on HUKD did recieve it apparantley not many though.

Top Bottom