• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| With Or Without EU

Vashetti

Banned
Any idea how much various retailers, supermarkets etc. will be charging in-store for FFXV?

Still debating whether to go physical or digital.

kadotsu

Banned
Amazon.com has the Digital Day 1 Edition of Dragon Quest Builders for $40.19 (~38€/32.20£). The game lends itself to digital and it's cheaper than the US PSN sale.

How are Shopto in terms of credit card safety nowadays? I know about that leak 7 years ago, but have there been any issues with them since? I'm asking because i want to pre-order a game there and i've always been using Paypal with them in the past, but i've recently noticed that i'm getting fucked over with the exchange rate from GBP to EUR when using Paypal. Wasn't there something about Paypal starting to hide the option to pay in the seller's currency and let your bank handle the currency exchange so that you're forced to use Paypal's (worse) exchange rates? Anyone know more about that?

How are Shopto in terms of credit card safety nowadays? I know about that leak 7 years ago, but have there been any issues with them since? I'm asking because i want to pre-order a game there and i've always been using Paypal with them in the past, but i've recently noticed that i'm getting fucked over with the exchange rate from GBP to EUR when using Paypal. Wasn't there something about Paypal starting to hide the option to pay in the seller's currency and let your bank handle the currency exchange so that you're forced to use Paypal's (worse) exchange rates? Anyone know more about that?

I've been using ShopTo for about 5 years way before i joined GAF not as a primary game website but it's my 2nd option whenever I'm shopping for games never had a problem didn't even know about the credit card thing

Never had an issue with them games arrived on time or early never damaged all boxed up well Customer Support team are good as well

But that's just from my experience

You can get 11% Quidco on Flubit for the next few hours, super-weird but there we go. Could get you up to 20-25% off amazon prices, in a weird roundabout way.

SuperSah

Banned
The BOSE SoundSport headphones I got turned up. They sound pretty good. It's a neutral-ish signature and it has a great soundstage.

Still on offer for £39 on Amazon - I believe they're going back to £79 tomorrow or Tuesday!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Anyone know if the extra games included with Xbox Ones on the Microsoft store are download codes or discs?

My guess just from how they're illustrated is that the core game on the box (usually minecraft or Fifa) will be a download code, and any other bundled games will be physical discs, as the images are of disc boxes.

Did anyone jump on an echo? Tempted as a Bluetooth speaker that can also control my nest thermostat, but not sure.

And I keep seeing pros pop up on Amazon warehouse but disappear before I can do anything

Benedict

Zavvi had started their Cyber Monday deals. Very cheap Star Trek boxes that I would buy if I'd the money. Cheap Doom for PS4 and some Lego Dimensions stuff. Also an inexpensive Windows tablet for £40. Wonder how well that would suit for GIS purposes out in the field?

Zeknurn

My guess just from how they're illustrated is that the core game on the box (usually minecraft or Fifa) will be a download code, and any other bundled games will be physical discs, as the images are of disc boxes.

That's what I guessed as well. Thanks though.

Damn you base.com. Just got an email saying they didn´t get enough stock of FFXV and can´t send me my order. Gonna cancel and look for somewhere else.

Preferably austria:)

oti

Banned
Just got a mail from base.com, they can't fullfil my pre-order of XV on Day One because they don't have enough copies in stock.

Now thinking about trying my luck at a Saturn.

Angryhead

Neo Member
Are there any 3DS deals out there?
Almost pulled the trigger on one of those 99$ US Amazon N3DS-s, but ~130€ for a region-locked machine... nah.

Damn you base.com. Just got an email saying they didn´t get enough stock of FFXV and can´t send me my order. Gonna cancel and look for somewhere else.

Just got a mail from base.com, they can't fullfil my pre-order of XV on Day One because they don't have enough copies in stock.

Spielegrotte didn't send it either and I already paid for it :/

deadfolk

Same here. What's the best place to try? I've looked at amazon.co.uk and shopto.

Nm. Went with amazon - I forgot how arcane shopto's account system is.

Tizoc

Jeez man, game's good.

I know but I'd get it for the campaign which IIRC is short isn't it? Not that that's a bad thing but I hadn't bought much from Steam this Autumn Sale and if it were under the $20 mark I'd get TF2 and play it right away. As is I am clearing my backlog and being more careful with what games I buy as I clear up my backlog.

Titanfall 2's a hard one for me because as much as I want to play it and as sure I am that it deserves the praise, there's no way it's not going to get even cheaper.

Titanfall 2's a hard one for me because as much as I want to play it and as sure I am that it deserves the praise, there's no way it's not going to get even cheaper.

If you use that logic then you will be waiting forever.

It's been as low as £20 and it's single player is the best FPS single player of the year and it's multiplayer is second only to overwatch for me. Great value at around £20.

Tizoc

yeah that too. To me, I'd get it if it was $20 or less (digital not retail) for PC.

If you use that logic then you will be waiting forever.
Ahem
pFPdobx.jpg

It's been as low as £20 and it's single player is the best FPS single player of the year and it's multiplayer is second only to overwatch for me. Great value at around £20.

Doom 2016 released this year, was 50% off by Late Summer and is now $20 on Steam and less in various other online retailers.

TF2 will follow suit if it is already nearing 50% or deeper not 4 months after release. If it hits $20 by Winter Sale in a few weeks time, I'll grab it.

Same here. What's the best place to try? I've looked at amazon.co.uk and shopto.

Nm. Went with amazon - I forgot how arcane shopto's account system is.

Yeah, just ordered from amazon.co.uk. Still the cheapest place to order for me. And maybe i´ll even get it this week. Not paying 60€ over here in stores.

yeah that too. To me, I'd get it if it was $20 or less (digital not retail) for PC.

Ahem

Doom 2016 released this year, was 50% off by Late Summer and is now $20 on Steam and less in various other online retailers.

TF2 will follow suit if it is already nearing 50% or deeper not 4 months after release. If it hits $20 by Winter Sale in a few weeks time, I'll grab it.

Well see you have a hard price limit where you buy it, the other poster just wants it as cheap as possible.

It won't be $20 this year unless you find someone selling a second hand physical copy or somewhere like cdkeys finds more on the back of a lorry.

deadfolk

Yeah, just ordered from amazon.co.uk. Still the cheapest place to order for me. And maybe i´ll even get it this week. Not paying 60€ over here in stores.

€70 in stores here. Still doubt I'll have it by the weekend from amazon, and I'm travelling next week. :|

At least W_D2 should keep me occupied in the meantime.

Top Bottom