• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| With Or Without EU

like how? What happened? I'm worried now.
see

Damn you base.com. Just got an email saying they didn´t get enough stock of FFXV and can´t send me my order. Gonna cancel and look for somewhere else.

Preferably austria:)

Just got a mail from base.com, they can't fullfil my pre-order of XV on Day One because they don't have enough copies in stock.

Now thinking about trying my luck at a Saturn.

Same here. What's the best place to try? I've looked at amazon.co.uk and shopto.

Nm. Went with amazon - I forgot how arcane shopto's account system is.

deadfolk

how did base drop the ball like that? kinda makes me worried to pre order there in the future

I get that their stock allocation is out of their control, but the thing that annoys me is that they left it so late to inform us.

This was only my second ever order with base.com, and it doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

oti

Banned
Cancelled my pre-order from base.com. As reason I wrote in "your incompetence".

I'll try my luck at either Media Markt or Saturn later. For ~55€ I'll buy it, but not for anything >60€.

Also got an email from base.com. I would cancel and buy somewhere else but I'm not in a rush to play it day one and I doubt I could find a another copy for 40euro anytime soon.

oti

Banned
Also got an email from base.com. I would cancel and buy somewhere else but I'm not in a rush to play it day one and I doubt I could find a another copy for 40euro anytime soon.
I've pretty much cleared everything to play it by the top of the month. Since they aren't even giving any hint on when they would ship they've lost me.
If you can wait a few days you can get it at voelkner for 51,39€ with the code "FINALE16"

http://www.voelkner.de/products/902924/Final-Fantasy-XV-Day-One-Edition-PS4-USK-12.html

Had good experiences there, I expect it to arrive Wednesday

"Bei diesem Artikel kann eine Lieferung zum 24.12. garantiert werden! ".

:I

I've pretty much cleared everything to play it by the top of the month. Since they aren't even giving any hint on when they would ship they've lost me.

"Bei diesem Artikel kann eine Lieferung zum 24.12. garantiert werden! ".

:I
This wednesday is before christmas though! It's in stock, they're just saying that in case you want to buy a present.
Honestly, pre order at Spielegrotte you two. It'll be there tomorrow and only 52,50€ incl.shipping.

Just got the shipping message.

That's not bad either. UK version though, in case that matters to you for resale/trade-in purposes

I see. But why can't they ship to a Packstation? What's up with that? I guess I'll do it anyway.

It says they can
"
Abweichende Lieferadresse

Sie können sich Ihre Bestellung auch an eine von der Rechnungsadresse abweichende Lieferadresse bzw. an eine Packstation (innerhalb Deutschland) senden lassen. Es entstehen Ihnen hierdurch keinerlei Zusatzkosten. Die Lieferadresse können Sie während des Bestellvorganges eingeben."

Maybe not for your first order? idk.

oti

Banned
It says they can
"
Abweichende Lieferadresse

Sie können sich Ihre Bestellung auch an eine von der Rechnungsadresse abweichende Lieferadresse bzw. an eine Packstation (innerhalb Deutschland) senden lassen. Es entstehen Ihnen hierdurch keinerlei Zusatzkosten. Die Lieferadresse können Sie während des Bestellvorganges eingeben."

Maybe not for your first order? idk.

"Diese Bestellung können wir leider nicht an eine Packstation liefern"

Maybe because I want to order as a guest? Nope, just doesn't work for me.

Lego Dimensions for PS4 is 40€ on Amazon.de. REALLY thinking about it just to play the Phantastic Beasts expansion (another 40€). But with XV right around the corner and me only owning one PS4 controller I think waiting for a Switch version would be the reasonable thing to do. ;_; Being reasonable sucks.

"Diese Bestellung können wir leider nicht an eine Packstation liefern"

Maybe because I want to order as a guest?

Try making an account. It lets me choose my Packstation as the address, just tried it

edit: yeah then it's probably because it's your first order as protection against scams

oti

Banned
Try making an account. It lets me choose my Packstation as the address, just tried it

edit: yeah then it's probably because it's your first order as protection against scams

With PayPal fee it ends up being 52,29€. Mh, mhhhhhhhhh. No way getting this price in retail, right? 55€ wouldn't be too bad if I could have it earlier.

Lamptramp

Just a quick thanks to you guys, Kenzodielocke, oti xero & Yiangaruga. I've only lived in DE for just under a year and didnt really have time/opportunity to search out decent German game shops aside from Amazon. This last page has filled my shops bookmarks nicely.

oti

Banned
Paypal fees are digusting tbh. buyers shouldn't pay that.

Eh, it's just 1,75% or something. It isn't ideal but tolerable.

Just a quick thanks to you guys, Kenzodielocke, oti xero & Yiangaruga. I've only lived in DE for just under a year and didnt really have time/opportunity to search out decent German game shops aside from Amazon. This last page has filled my shops bookmarks nicely.

You're a German citizen now. Saving money is our hobby.

Paypal fees are digusting tbh. buyers shouldn't pay that.

Eh, it's just 1,75% or something. It isn't ideal but tolerable.

You're a German citizen now. Saving money is our hobby.

I actually think PP doesn't allow stores to do that, so they're breaking their ToS/contract there. It's pretty shitty

no problem! you should check out mydealz.de, it's the most popular site for deals and it will save you a ton of money. The community can be a bit special though lol konsolenschnaeppchen.de is good as well

Is shopto safe to put credit card information?
I want to pre-order the last guardian.
I usually prefer to use Paypal, but they take money up front if you use paypal, and they charge you 0.70p to give it back..

Juno

LIAR and a FELON
My personal GOTY is currently half price on the PS Store, only £7.49 for Playdead's INSIDE.

Anyone who enjoyed Limbo should check it out!

Still hoping somewhere sells a physical copy of Until Dawn for around the £15 mark soon, but the usual suspects are all around £23 still.

I got the FFXV email too.
That's my last order with Base as this isn't the first time they haven't got a pre-order to me on release day.
Grabbed a copy from Amazon instead which arrives Wednesday, one day late isn't the end of the world I guess..... :(

Is shopto safe to put credit card information?
I want to pre-order the last guardian.
I usually prefer to use Paypal, but they take money up front if you use paypal, and they charge you 0.70p to give it back..

They'vve had my card details for like 4 years and I haven't been hit by fraudulent transactions yet.

FAAAACK I waited an extra day to see if Game would put their 3DS prices down for Cyber Monday but instead they "sold out" of the orange and black one! How is this even possible gaaaaah

smuf

Came so close to pulling the trigger on one of those Amazon UK PS4 slim bundles.

I have to stay strong and wait for the Pro to drop in price instead.

Zatoth

Came so close to pulling the trigger on one of those Amazon UK PS4 slim bundles.

I have to stay strong and wait for the Pro to drop in price instead.

Same for me. Knowing myself I would always be unhappy with the Slim, knowing the Pro is out there.

Temujin

(Re-post from the Xbox black friday thread)
So it seems Simply Games quietly cancelled all those £20 Titanfall 2 orders. Got a cancellation email this morning, 4 days after placing the order. Generic email, no real explanation. People on Twitter are reporting the same thing.

Vertti

Base just sent me an email saying that they'll ship my copy of ffxv tomorrow.

Fine by me. Not in a hurry to start because I haven't even started Pokemon Moon yet.

Top Bottom