• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Xbone - This is a no brainer right? - GAF'ers who have both X1 & PS4 help!

OP, buy an XONE. That is all.

Better controller
Better OS
Better exclusives to date and upcoming, in my opinion.

All 3 are opinions, not just the 3rd. And I disagree with all 3.

I never should have bought an Xbox One. I never use it, and while I'm sure I will for future exclusives I really should have waited for more games or a much cheaper price.

JimiNutz

Banned
You forgot Titanfall :)

As I re-read it I realised I'd actually missed a few.
Titanfall is def worthy of a purchase, Ryse is not that bad and can be picked up for cheap and apparently D4 is quality as well (I'm abroad at the moment but intend to pick it up as soon as I get back).

Also should have mentioned that Max and Super Time Force were both free with Games For Gold as well.

Microsoft did a really good job with their exclusive software during this first year of the console.

Jobbs

Banned

Better controller
Better OS

I have both systems and disagree with all three points. And how come no one but me ever calls out MS on putting a big hokey AA battery compartment on a controller in 2013? There's nothing on earth more unsexy than an AA battery compartment.

My XB1 mostly gathers dust, FH2 is the first game in about 8 months that I've played on it. If I had to do it over again I probably wouldn't buy it, at least not yet -- Games simply aren't there, and the multiplats generally favor PS4, sometimes in quite dramatic fashion (see Tomb Raider DE).

ironcreed

Banned
The XB1 is a great system that is only getting better every month. It's kind of obvious that you want one, so you might as well hop on it while you can get a deal. Regardless, it's obviously your call.

Better controller
Better OS

I agree with the all three, The Xbox controller is still the King, the OS is improving A LOT every month and it actully have a very good library right now, not just indies and multi plats.

Buy XO first, then wait for the PS4 to have more games

Duxxy3

I have both systems and disagree with all three points. And how come no one but me ever calls out MS on putting a big hokey AA battery compartment on a controller in 2013? There's nothing on earth more unsexy than an AA battery compartment.

My XB1 mostly gathers dust, FH2 is the first game in about 8 months that I've played on it. If I had to do it over again I probably wouldn't buy it, at least not yet -- Games simply aren't there, and the multiplats generally favor PS4, sometimes in quite dramatic fashion (see Tomb Raider DE).

How is the batter compartment large or hokey? There's no bulge for it. It's flat. The controller goes for an entire week before I need to swap out my rechargeables. My dualshock 4 normally wouldn't make it through a day.

If you want to get on the XB1 for the bumpers or analog tension, I don't think you'll see much backlash. The battery compartment is just fine, and it allows the controller to have excellent battery life.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
How is the batter compartment large or hokey? There's no bulge for it. It's flat. The controller goes for an entire week before I need to swap out my rechargeables. My dualshock 4 normally wouldn't make it through a day.

If you want to get on the XB1 for the bumpers or analog tension, I don't think you'll see much backlash. The battery compartment is just fine, and it allows the controller to have excellent battery life.

You won't? The bumpers are trash. The triggers are good but the DS4 ones are fine for me too. The analogue sticks seem a step back from the 360 pad as well.

Anyway, the OP already has a bloody PS4 so why the comparisons? He wants to play FH2 and the 360 version looks pretty bad in comparison to the Xb1 version. If he can afford it, an XB1 is definitely worth having, even if he only uses it for exclusives. Maybe he'll find he likes the OS or controller or online better than PS4 and start to buy Multiplatform games in xbox. But that doesn't matter for the question he is asking

LoveCake

I don't know what the hell Virtual Loyalty Shares are, OP, but why not sit on them and see if the price per share goes up?

I have thought about that, i could cash in 50% & the rest could go up if GAME has a good xmas but there are set dates you can trade them & the next is March 2015, once i cash in i can hold the cash in my GAME account forever so i could wait for the X1 to drop, they may have other deals at xmas.

Thank you for the advice fellow GAF'ers.

I feel almost the same. In all honesty, I bought my X1 simply because I saw a cheap trade in deal for my 360. I dont care for any of its exclusives bar KI, all its media functions are already covered by my tv, sometimes even better, and I find it big, ugly and noisy.

That said, I still think in the OPs case, its worth getting. Its a cheap deal, he wants one anyway and he is going to get far more milage out of it than a vita.

LoveCake

Well i have now got a Xbone on order :D

I got a extra 20% if i pre-ordered something, so i went for the Sunset Overdrive X1, i got £172.10 for my games (which was a surprise really) so with the free GAME shares i am getting which are a valued around £140 the X1 is going to cost me very little.

LoveCake

How much did you get for Duke Nukem Forever?

£172 for those games is not bad at all. I guess the 20% extra helped out a bit too.

I got 50p for it lol

I was hyped for the game but it was rubbish, the guy did ask if i had a idea how much it all was & i said no, i'm not bothered anyway.

I couldn't trade in Kinect Adventures as it has to be with the Kinect, they also wouldn't take Ghostbusters as it is a USA version, it has no PEGI/18 rating but the strange thing it is a PAL copy.

I was surprised by the amount really.

I have all the consoles back to the SNES & Mega Drive, including Amiga CD30, Atari Jaguar & Panasonic 3DO through to WiiU & PS4, most are consoles i got new & have kept them but i always trade in the games at the end of the generation & just keep my favourite ones, i then use the money to get a console i missed out on, i'll never trade in a console again, i have made that mistake before.

Top Bottom