• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Check out why Xbox is the best place to play" Page of Xbox Exclusives

Folks get banned for writing stuff like that all the time.

Just a heads up...

Having read the last few pages of this thread, I would also say that it's not necessary.

If not wanting to encourage fanboy bullshit is a bad thing, then I'm a terrible person. There is no sensible or valuable discussion here. Just point scoring and childishness.

Kerub

Banned
How about this: games by metascore NOT available on the other console:
Code:
score   PS4     Xbox
90+       3        2
80+      21        3

The sad thing is that the 80+ score also includes the 90+ games (obviously), so it's really bad for Xbox exclusives, if you only compare Xbox One and PS4.

I might be off one or two (counting is hard) but check for yourself:
http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/release-date/available/ps4/metascore
http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/release-date/available/xboxone/metascore

Oh wow, didn't realize the gap was so big!

Genio88

Microsoft is doing a great job, Halo MCC, Sunset Overdrive and Forza Horizon are three great exclusives for this fall

Z_Y

I just realized they didn't bother mentioning Fantasia, Music evolved. Thanks a lot, Microsoft :

Probably the game I'm looking forward to the most too.

You have to admit that MS is killing it this fall. It really is a great console with some great games. People are missing out if they are stubbornly not giving it a try it because of *reasons*.

Z_Y

Oh they might be on other systems, just not on the Xbox One / PS4. I just compared the two Metacritic lists.

So if you buy a PS4, you can play 21 games with 80+ score not available on Xbox One.
If you buy an Xbox One you can play 3 games with 80+ score not available on PS4.

Do you happen to have a list of those 21 games? I have a PS4. I am obviously missing out on some gems.

Never mind, I see you linked the list. Most appear to be small indie titles. Not really my thing.

Xis

How about this: games by metascore NOT available on the other console:
Code:
score   PS4     Xbox
90+       3        2
80+      21        3

To Sony's credit, they have done a great job getting indies onto their console, and they have also done a great job porting their PS3 and Vita downloadable titles to the PS4.

However - if you look at just retail releases, this is all of the games with an Metacritic score of 75+ released that are on one console and not the other:

PS4:
95 - The Last of Us Remastered (port of PS3 title)
86 - Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn (also on PC)
83 - MLB 14: The Show (also on PS3 + Vita)
80 - Injustice: Gods Among Us - Ultimate Edition (also on everything but XB1)
80 - inFamous: Second Son (legit exclusive)

XB1:
86 - Titanfall (also on PC)
86 - Forza Horizon 2 (also on X360)
79 - Forza Motorsport 5 (legit exclusive)
78 - Dead Rising 3 (also on PC)

off topic: is there a thread where i can discuss my problem with the xbox i just got? it doesnt continue to download when i turn it off even though ive selected 'instant on' power mode.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Of all those games, Forza Horizon 2 would sell me on an X1. I still don't trust MS after the DRM fiasco however and don't want to get an X1 on principle alone.

To be perfectly honest though, the X1's exclusives this year are a lot more appealing to me than the PS4's exclusives this year(mainly because of FH2, jury's still out on SO IMO). Wii U still has the best exclusives of 2014 though, by far.

Cornbread78

Holy shit at this thread.

It's a good ad. Xbox one has some good exclusives. So does the the PS4.

Why do people feel the need to shit on the "other console".

Welcome to NeoGAF lately. We're moving closer to www.consolewarz24/7.com.... Pretty crazy right? It's a tight race and any edge is an edge, so market/advertise for your brand of chioce. Just be intelligent, whitty and definately carry that banner with pride because these people pay our salaries, well, in some cases at least.. astro.. Just don't let console parity be the endgame when there is obvious clear winner when it comes to power (don't be lazy...) cheerio mutha trucka...

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
off topic: is there a thread where i can discuss my problem with the xbox i just got? it doesnt continue to download when i turn it off even though ive selected 'instant on' power mode.

mine too. are you in the preview program?

no i literally just bought it yesterday, are u in uk? im thinking it might be because uk has some crazy energy saving laws but x360 used to do it just fine and i ring customer service and they are clueless

What are you downloading specifically? Because I've noticed some things (not many) don't download

pr0cs

It wouldn't be an Xbox game thread without the exclusive PC commentary.
The XBO definitely has the best lineup this fall.

op_ivy

no i literally just bought it yesterday, are u in uk? im thinking it might be because uk has some crazy energy saving laws but x360 used to do it just fine and i ring customer service and they are clueless

No, US. i am in the preview program though. my downloads when off have always been pretty spotty though. it did work for destiny preload, it isnt working for horizon 2, and it also didnt work at some other point in the past (not sure what game).

Einbroch

Banned
Microsoft has definitely won this holiday season. Their list is impressive.

But why make the font so damn small? I'm not THAT old, but I can barely read it!

845885b76f31d8ddd689990d316516f3c6b35a2cd5babe28397122ee572f2e88.jpg

:p

That would make Xbox Liam Neeson broski.

SgtCobra

I don't see anything wrong with that image. Theey definitely have the better fall and they should advertise that because next year....heh.

Trago

Nice ad.

I wouldn't label a couple of those games as exclusive though.

I really wish their first party output was more consistent. After the holidays, what exclusives will the Xbox One have early next year?

BokehKing

Banned
Probably the game I'm looking forward to the most too.

You have to admit that MS is killing it this fall. It really is a great console with some great games. People are missing out if they are stubbornly not giving it a try it because of *reasons*.
$400 is not exactly chump change, it's like people forget you have to buy the system first. Most people don't own both consoles until years in.

BokehKing

Banned
You can get good deals on used ones. I saw someone selling a day one edition on craigslist yesterday for 300
No, you don't get it, I'm not throwing away $300 for one game, I threw away $500 for Titanfall and that was a big mistake (had an x1 from November - March)sold it and got a ps4, it had more games (final Fantasy 14 MMO, DC Universe Warframe ect ect)

No, US. i am in the preview program though. my downloads when off have always been pretty spotty though. it did work for destiny preload, it isnt working for horizon 2, and it also didnt work at some other point in the past (not sure what game).

wait forgot to mention when i rang cs they did have me hold down the xbox power button for 10 second while it was on to recycle it or something, try that because mine is working now

op_ivy

wait forgot to mention when i rang cs they did have me hold down the xbox power button for 10 second while it was on to recycle it or something, try that because mine is working now

hard reset fixes all. i suppose it has been awhile since i did that

Top Bottom