• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Childrens Hospital on Adult Swim -- The most extreme medical parody show ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Hm. The cast of CH is the only reason I started the show in the first place and a huge part of why I enjoy it.

I was more ashamed of myself for not realizing Glen was Dileep Rao aka Extraneous Guy from Inception
Was the cop the guy from Parks and Rec? The sleezy guy who sent his dick pics to everyone in the Parks department?

Cartman86

Banned
Hm. The cast of CH is the only reason I started the show in the first place and a huge part of why I enjoy it.

I was more ashamed of myself for not realizing Glen was Dileep Rao aka Extraneous Guy from Inception

Oh god it is! I'm even more ashamed because the past couple years he was in a a bunch of movies in a row. My friend and I kept recognizing him. Drag Me To Hell, Avatar, Inception.

Recognize the woman from Walking Dead and Vampire Diaries (shutup) and Supernatural. I believe she was born in the US, but moved to the UK at a young age.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
OMG Michael Cane replaced Michael Cera as the intercom guy! Amazing!

I really liked the episode overall, but I didn't feel like the cast gelled very well together.

It was Peter Serafinowicz's amazing Michael Caine impression, actually! The mime kind of looked like Ben Stiller, and appeared to be uncredited, though I'm terrible with character names so I probably just missed who that was.

big ander

Yep, great episode. Random gags like the mouthwash spitting, Janet Varney being awesome, Dory getting screen time, Raiders homaging, lesbian puns, and Glenn living a nightmare.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
That was a really fun episode. Lola's skeleton disguise was brilliant and I really liked the fight sequence between Sy and his daughter.

Reassure me that I haven't gone insane: I watched the 'year in the life' episode of this show last week, yet the Childrens Hospital Facebook page, and Wikipedia, say the episode is first airing tonight. Did Adult Swim release it online last week or something?

big ander

Year in the Life was classic. PBH as Dr. Joe
seph Mengele
, Cat calling him daddy, Glenn having to choose between cake pops and reporting a criminal, Dory/Blake. And maybe my favorite part: the flight attendants night plans. "My husband and I are opening up a special bottle of shiraz and then I'm gonna let him put it up my butt." "And my guy's making his famous halloween dinner and then we're gonna take a romantic bubble bath, and I'm gonna let him put it up my butt." And then the last attendant was Erica Oyama, Ken Marino's hilarious wife.
Attention Staff was as good. Jon Hamm returns, sort of, except as Arthur Childrens instead of Derrick Childrens. Owen's been able to see ghosts ever since he spent that summer with his uncle and slept in the same bed as him. Jesus was that part of it all good. And the Sal stuff was fun to address. Kinda great to attack it from the found footage/Ghost Hunters angle, but it got REALLY good when you actually saw Sal. And that guy who was just A Friend. :lol
Reassure me that I haven't gone insane: I watched the 'year in the life' episode of this show last week, yet the Childrens Hospital Facebook page, and Wikipedia, say the episode is first airing tonight. Did Adult Swim release it online last week or something?
I think [as] screwed up a bit, cause last week The Greatest Event in Television History aired in the place of Childrens. So, I believe last night Year in the Life was broadcast for the first time. But apparently it's been on itunes since last week, and Attention Staff is on itunes now too. Despite that I don't think Attention Staff has aired yet.

beat

She's written a bunch of Childrens episodes and co-wrote all of Burning Love with Marino. Together they're like...the indie Will Arnett/Amy Poehler

What about David Wain (wrote the ep, exec producer, frequent director) and Zandy Hartig (Nurse Dori)?

Also, Nick Offerman and Megan Mullally (too successful to be indie, I guess) are still married.

Bread

Banned
She's written a bunch of Childrens episodes and co-wrote all of Burning Love with Marino. Together they're like...the indie Will Arnett/Amy Poehler
Thank you for mentioning Burning Love, I had no idea this existed. I love it so far, 5 eps in, my highlight has to be the suction line during the mechanical bull segment :lol

big ander

What about David Wain (wrote the ep, exec producer, frequent director) and Zandy Hartig (Nurse Dori)?

Also, Nick Offerman and Megan Mullally (too successful to be indie, I guess) are still married.
hah well I never suggested that there weren't other funny couples out there. Though I guess I'd not thought about how many are ON Childrens, which is weird

Thank you for mentioning Burning Love, I had no idea this existed. I love it so far, 5 eps in, my highlight has to be the suction line during the mechanical bull segment :lol
it was way overlooked, and it stays great throughout

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
I had not idea of this show's existence until yesterday. Watched the pilot last night and I'm hooked. Thanks!

beat

And Paul Scheer and June Diane Raphael.

... I'll stop now. I'm as surprised as you how many "indie Will Arnett and Amy Poehler" couples have worked on Childrens.

beat

From the "Staff Dance" episode way earlier in the season:

Glenn: Are you questioning me? I studied at the Alvin Ailey Dance Company for sixteen years!

Lola: Really?

Glenn: Racist! I'm not even gonna dignify that with an answer, but I did, and you are a racist.

Lola: I'm sorry! You're right! It's just -- God! Dance is as foreign to me as Mario Andretti!

Glenn: Racer! I'm not even gonna dignify that with a response, but I will; he is a racecar driver.

[...]

Glenn: Maybe you're not ready for this staff dance.

Lola: I'm sorry I wasted your time.

Glenn: Waste-ist!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I thought "Attention Staff" was only mildly amusing, but I did enjoy seeing Jon Hamm and Michael Cera.

because there's really nowhere else to put it: http://wearemoviegeeks.com/2012/10/burning-love-to-return-for-two-more-seasons-on-yahoo-screen/ Burning Love to get 2 more seasons!

Yesssss!

Season 2 follows Julie (June Diane Raphael), who failed to capture Mark Orlando’s heart in Season 1 of Burning Love, as she searches for love in a group of guys who are hopefully all there for the right reasons.

Season 3 Burning Down The House reunites our favorite rejected guys and girls as they return to the Burning Love mansion to compete for a hefty prize and for each other’s affection.

I was really hoping they would do a Bachelorette spoof, and here it is! Season 3 sounds really fun too.

big ander

downloaded and watched the season finale:
eh.
Lola doing coke and being a lawyer were pretty great. Blake wearing a diaper: also great. I did enjoy Reginald Veljohnson and Nate Corddry.
Simply wasn't that funny though, and it's such a weird episode for a finale. Attention Staff and A Year in the Life both felt big and special, having them last instead of this episode would have been better. Oh well.

oh, and my favorite gag is actually a really small one:
kathryn hahn's character starts with four pillows on one side of the room. picks up two, moves them to the other side. goes back, grabs the other two, moves them to the other side. picks up all four, puts them down right where they started. felt like a sly dig at how legal shows always have motion despite being empty talking so often.

oh, and my favorite gag is actually a really small one:
kathryn hahn's character starts with four pillows on one side of the room. picks up two, moves them to the other side. goes back, grabs the other two, moves them to the other side. picks up all four, puts them down right where they started. felt like a sly dig at how legal shows always have motion despite being empty talking so often.

30 Rock did a good version of this when Lutz was being interviewed in a mock murder investigation (or something to that effect)

big ander

Okay yeah now that I've gotten away from the finale more: really forgettable. A Year in the Life and Attention Staff are episodes that I think of as exemplary of why CH is so amazing. They're hallmarks. Childrens Lawspital is a footnote that won't stick.
30 Rock did a good version of this when Lutz was being interviewed in a mock murder investigation (or something to that effect)

Hah really? I've completely forgotten that. I watched seasons 1-4 of 30 Rock in such a short time span, I should rewatch some of it.

beat

Okay yeah now that I've gotten away from the finale more: really forgettable. A Year in the Life and Attention Staff are episodes that I think of as exemplary of why CH is so amazing. They're hallmarks. Childrens Lawspital is a footnote that won't stick.
I gotta disagree. Childrens Lawspital was fantastic. (though it have a sort of "Community got there first" feel since CH also decided to do a full-on L&O parody and Community's hit more of the L&O notes.)

Even little stuff like Rob Corddry's character calling Nate Corddry's character 'bro' was funny.

beat

I'm seeing listings for eps 13 and 14 of CH, so Childrens Lawspital won't be the last ep of season 4.

beat

I wonder what's gonna happen with Blake Downs. On one hand, he's the iconic character of CH, and it's Rob Corddry's show. On the other hand, Corddry reportedly hates having to wear the clown makeup. On the other other hand, come on, they shoot for a few months (at most) out of the year.

big ander

Heh, weird episode. Makes sense that they wanted one more newsreaders before launching that off on the side.

Kate Walsh cameo was funny, David Wain getting to act in the show is always nice, and Just Falcon is the best character on all of Childrens.

Vert boil

childrenshospital18pr04.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom