• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Childrens Hospital on Adult Swim -- The most extreme medical parody show ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilby

NTSF:SD:SUV and Burning Love both had their moments, but I'm glad they're doing another CH season, it's one of my favourite television comedies in existence!

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I need that jacket that Francois Chau was wearing in last night's episode. My life depends on it.

This show is awesome. I liked this episode a lot but it could have been that I watched Witness for the first time a few months ago.

Bread

Banned
another great episode. i'm loving the new location, it's giving the show new life. adomian, huebel, and marino killed it.
"You're not in a time loop, and from the look on your face this must be the first time anyone has told you." :lol marino's deadpan is so good

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Oh man, the fake Madonna/Rihanna/Kate Upton/Freddy Mercury/Louis CK bit was great. I also laughed at the Chief's deep singing voice.

shit, there's more seasons of this? Only watched the ones on Netflix, but I loved it. For some reason I thought it got canceled afterward, lol.

Time to go check out the other ones...

Vert boil

Damn, Kate Upton was hot hot hot!

animation2a6zpa.gif

FCC WARNING!

:3

big ander

Adomian was amazing, especially his CK. "They could have gotten me but instead they got me." Owen's day repeating thing was funny too.

Heh this episode must have been filmed around In A World... or something, right? Lake Bell was there, but in that crowd scene she was awkwardly removed from everything.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
The Chief's manly voice was pretty good.

shit, there's more seasons of this? Only watched the ones on Netflix, but I loved it. For some reason I thought it got canceled afterward, lol.

Time to go check out the other ones...
This is the fourth season. I'm not sure which one(s) you've watched though.

Damn, Kate Upton was hot hot hot!

http://abload.de/img/animation2a6zpa.gif

FCC WARNING!

:3
When they mentioned Madonna, I knew what was to come, but not what to expect.

Adomian was amazing, especially his CK. "They could have gotten me but instead they got me." Owen's day repeating thing was funny too.

Heh this episode must have been filmed around In A World... or something, right? Lake Bell was there, but in that crowd scene she was awkwardly removed from everything.
The CK impression was so good. :lol

big ander

Hah, perfect kind of Childrens Hospital episode. Odd double parody, murder mystery and wedding weekend romcom. Blake just randomly showing up at the end :lol. Peanut butter on bread, two weird als, owen making his speech. hilarious.

Chris R

I had no idea Lake Bell was on the cover of the New York Magazine... I approve!

I also liked Blake just walking in towards the end of the episode.

And next week!
Dr. Santa Claus

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
omgg the Jurassic Park opening was great! This was the strongest episode they've done in quite a while. A+

"Your baby has horse AIDS"

Cat's B story was hilarious.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Next week looks amazing. Lola-centric episodes are always strong. "Childrens Lawspital" is pretty much the funniest 12 minutes of television ever.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
"That's the thing, in Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food!"

lol

Best episode of the season methinks.

hateradio

I just thought it was a reference to all those movies/shows where the protagonist disappears at the end, and everyone's left with a content smile.

I really liked the episode.

hateradio

It was also kinda ridiculous that she disappeared from the picture. :lol

That ending was all kinds of odd, in a good way.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I think that was definitely a GOAT Children's Hospital episode. I had forgotten just how funny this show could be. Just hysterical.

big ander

"This is too much information...on this."

"I'm better off living in the woods...what do you think?" "Aww...that sounds about right." [explores plant]

"There's an emergency! Chief'll explain."

"You're right, Chili has been dead for weeks!" "I wrote it down!" "You wrote it down!"

"Anything less than a totally immersive human body experience, I probably wouldn't've gotten the message."

"SPOILER ALERT! I'll be there." "Perfect phrase for the situation!" "Spoiler alert...I'll be there. ...[mumbles]" "Hm?" "[nods...mumbles]" "What?" "I'll be there." "[nods]" "I have to get out of this one thing..."

awesome awesome episode.

pubba

This show sounds great. Is it more like 'Strangers with Candy' or 'Scrubs'?

Which season should I start with? I get the impression that the first season was a series of webisodes - is that correct?

Thanks for any advice

big ander

This show sounds great. Is it more like 'Strangers with Candy' or 'Scrubs'?

Which season should I start with? I get the impression that the first season was a series of webisodes - is that correct?

Thanks for any advice

haven't seen strangers with candy, it's very little like scrubs. it's zany, little to no narrative continuity, high self-reflexive, plays with genre a ton, odd mix of (hilariously executed) idiot humor and complicated jokes that fly by before you realize anything happened.

start first season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom