• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ChileGAF |OT| CTM weon que pulento el thread!

Goli

Quien usa Tiptop wn?

A todo esto, no se supone que tenemos que hablar en inglés wn ? Maybe they'll shut down our pulento thread if we don't

Designers and architects. From my experience both 'tiptop' and 'cortacartón' are accepted, I usually say 'tiptop' though.

I agree, but we go a pata, a lo choro
I've lived here two years and understood none of what you said. 😢😢😢💩💩💩

Just when I start to think I'm pretty Chilean, someone says some shit that makes me realize no matter how long I live here, I'll never get to 100% comprehension. I'd say I'm at 99%.

Javier

Just when I start to think I'm pretty Chilean, someone says some shit that makes me realize no matter how long I live here, I'll never get to 100% comprehension. I'd say I'm at 99%.
Como que no cachaste el mote, loco.

Adnor

Banned

How can you live in Chile and not understand "a pata" or "choro". HOW.

cesartron

Is there enough of us to have a Chile GAF meetup? Or enough in the same city? Maybe we should get a poll going if there is enough interest. What city do you guys live in?

I'm in Valparaiso but always in Santiago.
I'll be glad to meet some others Chilean Gaf fellas. Maybe Bar Nacional would be a good place.

Como que no cachaste el mote, loco.

How can you live in Chile and not understand "a pata" or "choro". HOW.
I've definitely heard it just don't think I know what it means. Tell me though. I think "a pata" has something to do with feet or walking or some shit. Oh and I oddly enough heard pulento being used for the first time last night.
No way this isn't some alien language no one but him understands.
I'll be glad to meet some others Chilean Gaf fellas. Maybe Bar Nacional would be a good place.
There was a reddit meetup in parque O'Higgins recently for r/Chile and they all paid like 2.000 towards some stuff and got shitfaced eating chorpian and piscolas all day.

We can do something like that too. I won't be back in Santiago until end of March but if I find an apartment you all can come trash my house and play video games and we can buy a few promos. Nice and cheap.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Chile GAF |OT| Weon! Que weon más weon, weon!

Only a true Chilean can use weon 4 times in the same sentence with different meanings.

I've definitely heard it just don't think I know what it means. Tell me though. I think "a pata" has something to do with feet or walking or some shit. Oh and I oddly enough heard pulento being used for the first time last night.

You're right, that's what a pata means. Walking.

A lo choro it's pretty much like a boss. But much, much flaite.

There was a reddit meetup in parque O'Higgins recently for r/Chile and they all paid like 2.000 towards some stuff and got shitfaced eating chorpian and piscolas all day.

We can do something like that too. I won't be back in Santiago until end of March but if I find an apartment you all can come trash my house and play video games and we can buy a few promos. Nice and cheap.

Great idea, I like it !

Basslover

Be careful when eating those, personally I hate when they don't take out the poop from the shrimps.

Also, I've never gone to Insert Coin, or any gaming event/place really, what are they like? My nerdiest gamiest experience so far has been going to Distant Worlds when they came here. I saw people crying when the FF theme came on. And a guy dressed up as a chocobo.

dang it, I still love 'em I usually have them in Doña empanada in Pedro de Valdivia.

Also other local delicacies :

Jugo de naranja con chirimolla
Churrasco a lo pobre con un poco de mayo (you chileans love that shit)
Salmon a la parrilla

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Chile GAF |OT| Weon! Que weon más weon, weon!

Only a true Chilean can use weon 4 times in the same sentence with different meanings.

This times a million. I always say that sentence to my friends when I describe how crazy different Chilean Spanish is!

Basslover

But there are some words I have no freaking clue what they mean and would appreciate if ChileGAF could help:

*Descueve
*groso
*Pulento
*cototudo
*flaite
*Macanudo?
*dar jugo

Also I have been assuming that pucha is a softer word than puta, something like damn.

And while I have been here for months now I still can't quite get the weon, weada context right, so I don't try. I'm black so I look foreigner anyways. Its funny people always think that i'm either american or brazilian only to see the surprise when I speak spanish :p

Be careful when eating those, personally I hate when they don't take out the poop from the shrimps.

Also, I've never gone to Insert Coin, or any gaming event/place really, what are they like? My nerdiest gamiest experience so far has been going to Distant Worlds when they came here. I saw people crying when the FF theme came on. And a guy dressed up as a chocobo.

I was in distant worlds too! It was amazing.

But there are some words I have no freaking clue what they mean and would appreciate if ChileGAF could help:

*Descueve
*groso
*cototudo
*Macanudo?

All of them are pretty much "very good", but some like "groso" it's an 80s word. The others are that also, but a "higher class" words. Or something like that

*Pulento
*flaite
*dar jugo

Pulento is also good, but a slangest way of saying it. It is also one of the best chilean word, according to a study made in my own desk.

Flaite is a guy like the one on the video posted by Altazor. The word is supposedly made because of the "flying" capabilities of them (AKA, back in the day, weed was used by them mostly, and other people saw it as a criminal act, etc.)

Dar jugo is fooling around, or someone who is beign annoying is dando jugo.

Also I have been assuming that pucha is a softer word than puta, something like damn.

And while I have been here for months now I still can't quite get the weon, weada context right, so I don't try. I'm black so I look foreigner anyways. Its funny people always think that i'm either american or brazilian only to see the surprise when I speak spanish :p

Yep, that's what pucha is I think.

Weon will get to you in a while. It's only a matter of time before you get inffected by our language strain.

I was at a party (asado) recently and we ran out of mayo. The party shut down. Nothing was open because it was late. Its like when beer and cigarretes run out in other countries and the party ends, well here in Chile if there is no mayo everyone cries and goes home.

Wait, people around the world don't see palta as food? WTF

I can understand bugs discrepancy, but Palta is a god's food.

What about the good ol' Palta, Tomate, Mayo? It's fucking great. Just a few years ago I learned that they are called "Italianos" because of the colour of each ingredient.

Goli

Rice with mayo and palta/avocado mashed together is godly.

Though I do think people tend to saturate their food with mayo here. And salt. And oil. Which is why then everyone's obese and dies of a heart attack or other such thing.

Leche con Palta or pudin de Palta con Milo, wut ?!
It must be other types of palta, thad just sounds like churretera.

Yup.

I have a cousin that lived in Brasil for 5 years and once he was telling me that they prepare leche con plátano, except instead of plátano, they use palta.

I was o_O like you, thinking about the stomachache after drinking that shit. Then he said the palta they used was sweet as hell, so everything is fine :p

EDIT:

I agree about the mayo, a lot of people put too much of it in their foods. A year ago I decided to begin to eat healthy and since then, I eat mayonesa only in specific occasions. I don't miss it at all :)

FuuRe

Weon esta wea de mesclar inglés con español es como ver los subtitulos de BKN

tumblr_nn50gclXDK1sv5644o1_500.jpg

Vi BKN, problem?

ElFly

Weon esta wea de mesclar inglés con español es como ver los subtitulos de BKN

tumblr_nn50gclXDK1sv5644o1_500.jpg

Vi BKN, problem?

WTF IS THIS SHIT

I am dying here hahahaha

Took 15 or so posts to get shit on the new title.

I sometimes add pulento to my phrases to spice things up, 80's style

And say thanks I didn't add mortal or chacal to the title lol

I am the typical chilean. Very jacketeer.

habiendo nacido en Chuquicamata y vivido en Calama hasta los 18 (y ahora viviendo en Santiago), he estado en ambos lados de la batalla entre Pan Batido vs Marraqueta, Gelatina vs Jalea, Típex vs Corrector, Cortacartón/Cartonero vs Tiptop (?!??!?!?!?!), etc.

I had never questioned the word "tip top". Looking it up I came to this, so it is easy to draw your own conclusions.

God dammnit, my store is going to sell that crap Album of chiliean youtubers. It's worse than the Hamelin Piper attracting the Rat Kids.

Kandinsky

Wait, people around the world don't see palta as food? WTF

I can understand bugs discrepancy, but Palta is a god's food.

What about the good ol' Palta, Tomate, Mayo? It's fucking great. Just a few years ago I learned that they are called "Italianos" because of the colour of each ingredient.
mindblown.gif

Keihart

I deciphered the name of the Italiano all by miself when a kid, but, i realized that the PC in PCFactory is a dude running just in 2007 ...

Top Bottom