• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ChileGAF |OT| CTM weon que pulento el thread!

ElFly

PBrHMdj.jpg

if we are posting funny chilean tv captions I bring in the heavy hitters

I visited Chile this past month. Stop with the mayo. Peace.

No way, everything is better with mayo

I visited Chile in 2014 and it was amazing. Can confirm though, too much mayo.

There is too much MAYO, i don't get it either.

Mayo is life, mayo is love.

https://archive.org/details/COM_20130717_023000_The_Daily_Show_With_Jon_Stewart#start/840/end/900

Go to 7:44

The mayo WILL NEVER BE STOPPED.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
IMHO we can do better by repeating weon for emphasis.

Weon! Este weon es weon weon, poh weon.
puta la wea weona.

I had my mind blown when I learned Mayo was supposed to be white and not yellow. Fucking Hellmann's. I guess that's when I guessed that italianos weren't from Italy, but it was the color of the flag.

I have this book at home (and the sequel), and I find it awesome. Don't know if it helps a native english speaker, but I love how it has words marked for aditional coolness when spoken by a foreigner (especially if it's badly pronunciated).
51rF2B00FpL.jpg

If you talk too much rude words, you may seem like a rude or uneducated person, but if you are a native english speaker, you can say weon, puta la wea, aweonao and all that, in ALL SOCIAL CIRCLES and ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, and you'll come off as being awesome.

But if you are a native english speaker, you can say weon, puta la wea, aweonao and all that, in ALL SOCIAL CIRCLES and ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, and you'll come off as being awesome.

I can confirm this. I'm the life of the party when I bust out my chilenismos. Girls think its cute so I take advantage of that. I get away with a lot of shit here once people find out I'm a gringo. But no one pays me any notice since I have dark hair/olive colored skin (Italian) and I look like any other normal weon latin dude on the street. But once I start talking for long enough people always ask where I'm from and then everyone is way nicer and super interested in me.

Its quite fascinating actually. Sometimes I'm glad I blend in and I'm not a blonde 1.80 metre tall gringo who stands out, but yeah the gringo factor is definitely real here. More opportunities in all parts of life (making friends, work, etc) once they know I'm not Chilean.

Altazor

I had never questioned the word "tip top". Looking it up I came to this, so it is easy to draw your own conclusions.

oh man, never knew that. Now I know
and knowing is half the battle
but I still refuse to call it Tiptop >:D

Palta is the GOAT.

Period.

Indeed. One of my closest friends cannot stand palta and I still can't believe that. It's like... HOW?!

Also, regarding the mayo debate.

8MVWdsn.jpg

I love mayo

Kandinsky

Indeed. One of my closest friends cannot stand palta and I still can't believe that. It's like... HOW?!
Has he even tasted it?, I used to be like that until I was 19, and didnt like palta because I tasted it as a child I guess? idk. But that day on my 19th birthday I got the greatest gifts of all, my mom dared me to try it and oh man I was in heaven.

I love you mom.

; ;

Altazor

Has he even tasted it?, I used to be like that until I was 19, and didnt like palta because I tasted it as a child I guess? idk. But that day on my 19th birthday I got the greatest gifts of all, my mom dared me to try it and oh man I was in heaven.

I love you mom.

; ;

Yes, he has. And he can't stand the taste and/or the texture.

Seriously - hay pocas veces en las que con otro amigo no lo hueveamos por eso. Preposterous!

NotMyPsn

Banned
Hey, estimados, lo más probable q esto no vaya aquí, pero quiero vender un codigo de pc de rainbow six siege, cualquier interesado, q me mande un mensaje privado y hablamos precios. La idea es enviar el código por correo, previa transferencia.
Saludos y que bueno encontrar un rincon Chileno en Gaf!

English: Selling Digital code for Rainbow Six siege, lol

Hey, estimados, lo más probable q esto no vaya aquí, pero quiero vender un codigo de pc de rainbow six siege, cualquier interesado, q me mande un mensaje privado y hablamos precios. La idea es enviar el código por correo, previa transferencia.
Saludos y que bueno encontrar un rincon Chileno en Gaf!

English: Selling Digital code for Rainbow Six siege, lol
Can I pay you in completos?

ElFly

I actually hate palta, and in this fucking country, restaurants will go out of their way to push palta on you. The meal you ordered is missing some ingredient? let's replace with palta, surely el weon que pidio will be happy to eat that green shit.

And yeah I've tasted it many times because of people trying to push it on me and me not looking at the stuff I am eating. It is disgusting.

I've started eating arroz integral and you gotta wash that shit. White rice? you don't wash that.

OK what's the deal with Likeyou? what's the dog's name in spanish?

Cramoss

I actually hate palta, and in this fucking country, restaurants will go out of their way to push palta on you. The meal you ordered is missing some ingredient? let's replace with palta, surely el weon que pidio will be happy to eat that green shit.

And yeah I've tasted it many times because of people trying to push it on me and me not looking at the stuff I am eating. It is disgusting.

Fucking THIS x 1000

Preach it, brother.

I was at a party (asado) recently and we ran out of mayo. The party shut down. Nothing was open because it was late. Its like when beer and cigarretes run out in other countries and the party ends, well here in Chile if there is no mayo everyone cries and goes home.

Was it an asado de vidrio then? Them's the best! Extra points for guessing when the party ends in a asado de vidrio ;)

Altazor

San Jorge's are the wooooorst. It just caught my eyes. Who would buy cow+pig+chicken sausages with french fries flavor???

Sausage technology has gone too far.

"you won't believe what San Jorge has done to sausages - the answer will change your life!"

A really young looking carabinero today asked me where I could buy weed. I'm all like itsatrap.jpg but he was telling me how he is new in La Serena and didn't know anyone. Most surreal event ever. I told him to go to the skate park outside the mall but lol

Ostinatto

A really young looking carabinero today asked me where I could buy weed. I'm all like itsatrap.jpg but he was telling me how he is new in La Serena and didn't know anyone. Most surreal event ever. I told him to go to the skate park outside the mall but lol

This can't be true xD, he forgot he was wearing the uniform?

Those Salchichas Sureñas that some brand sell are good, though they have too much colorantes. I remember when I was in enseñanza media, there was right at the side of my Liceo a store that sell, between a lot of stuff, hot dogs. Simple hot dog, but with those sausages, I liked them a lot.

Lol! I swear, Carabineros now isn't a professional force, not even close.

I prefer Montina, the Llanquihue ones can be a little too spicy or flavorful, so it drowns out every other flavor, like the delicious palta.
Llanquihue is the only one who makes real sausages here in Chile (well maybe not the only one). The rest are soy filled crap.
Btw, Domino's uses Llanquihue.

Top Bottom