• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

China Blacklists 38 Animes including Attack on Titan and Death Note

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the people that review the anime, they are probably secretly anime fans. I mean they have to watch tons of anime to see if it's ok or not. At one point they probably started to like it.

"Girls Bravo: Second Season"

.......but Season One is okay? Wut?

Also INFERNO COP? NOOOOOOOO.

Edit: Same for SAO. How is the 2nd season on there, but not the first?

Could it be the cross-gender thing? Several of the anime on that list feature that.

rpmurphy

So the people that review the anime, they are probably secretly anime fans. I mean they have to watch tons of anime to see if it's ok or not. At one point they probably started to like it.
They probably have servers full of anime for "government purpose."

cajunator

Banned
Sword Art Online deserves to be on that list. Friend of mine told me it was a great anime and having not watched one in a few years I gave it a look.

Fantastic concept ruined by being author self insert masturbatory farce exemplifying everything crap about the medium.

Then the same author wrote Accel World which is a hell of a lot better. And not on China's list :D

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I'm not much of an anime fan, but how the hell did Afro Samurai and Elfen Lied end up on the same list beyond "these are examples of anime"?

cajunator

Banned
How is Accel World better than Sword Art Online? I haven't watched it.

The main protagonist is actually weak, for one thing and has to grow as a character. Its also not as self-insert. He learns to become stronger. Also it has a strong character named Kuroyukihime in it which I quite appreciated. It still has a lot of dumb things in it but overall way more inferesting than Sword Art Online.

Arkeband

Banned
I don't really get why Another is banned ? It's rather tame (also not very good).

Every episode has a contrived, gory death.

You don't remember someone falling down stairs and being impaled on an umbrella?

The substitute teacher who slices out his neck and bleeds all over his classroom...???

Xe4

Banned
I'm not entirely sure about the other titles but SnK did glorify a pretty infamous Japanese general. Also, correct me if I'm wrong but many Chinese (and Koreans as well) actively about Japanese cultural products because of bad blood anyhow.

On a second though, WHY they didn't banned Mahouka?

Onii-sama literally
killes tons of chinese with his bare hands and send them a nuclear bomb, NIPPON 2 STRONK

If remember right China's big no no is zombies and maybe gore. I'm not 100% on that, but I remember reading it was tough for Blizzard to get World of Warcraft out in China during the Wrath of the Lich King because all the undead stuff. Think they just turned them into skeletons.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
If remember right China's big no no is zombies and maybe gore. I'm not 100% on that, but I remember reading it was tough for Blizzard to get World of Warcraft out in China during the Wrath of the Lich King because all the undead stuff. Think they just turned them into skeletons.
Skeletons are a no go for China. Basically you're not allowed to depict walking bones for whatever reason.

What they really did was retexture and remodel all the skeletons so they look like very anorexic people.

unworthydead.jpg

Chinese_Undead_Models.jpg

Oh hey, someone actually remembers those who hunt elves.
the only thing I remember about it is the opening theme. It's great

Avixph

The main protagonist is actually weak, for one thing and has to grow as a character. Its also not as self-insert. He learns to become stronger. Also it has a strong character named Kuroyukihime in it which I quite appreciated. It still has a lot of dumb things in it but overall way more inferesting than Sword Art Online.
Oh okay thanks.😀

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
CaJun is correct.

PSqueak

Banned
Don't worry, chinese gaffers, im sure china will work to make chinese knock off for each one of them.

Worked for Adventure time (Lucky Pie) and Gumball (Miracle star)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom