• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

China Blacklists 38 Animes including Attack on Titan and Death Note

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Puncher

Banning Inferno Cop?

qZMMfs5.jpg

Ushay

I can understand the perverted ones, but come on China there are some decent ones in there.

Edit: Hilarious that Berserk is not on that list. Marks every category for it to be blacklisted.

Forkball

Isn't Those Who Hunt Elves like 20 years old? A bit slow on the take there, China.

If people want to watch it, they will. It's not like there aren't dozens of Chinese sites dedicated to pirating TV and movies.

CorvoSol

How popular is anime there?

I work at a hi school and just outside of campus is an anime etc store. Adults wear stuff from Astro Boy and Attack on Titan around town. Every day in my classrooms there's a new anime character drawn on the board.

The only stuff more popular with my students is the NBA and LoL.

Josephl64

Except for Sinon. She can stay.

Sachi bailed right before the show went downhill. Still going to watch SAO2 someday if not just for Eir Aoi.

On a different note, while I am such a bad person for liking School Days despite how twistedly dumb it got at times.

Ratrat

I work at a hi school and just outside of campus is an anime etc store. Adults wear stuff from Astro Boy and Attack on Titan around town. Every day in my classrooms there's a new anime character drawn on the board.

The only stuff more popular with my students is the NBA and LoL.
Thats interesting. I guess it's good at least that these censures are unpopular.

M3d10n

Why Attack on Titan? Are they worried about chinese children becoming giants and going around eating people?

There's a lot of stuff related to
government corruption and even a coup organized by the main characters
, but that stuff hasn't reached the anime yet it's probably the Chinese government's utter fear from exposed bones/internals.

Why Black Butler? It doesn't have much gore in it, and I don't remember skeletons either... China doesn't allow swanky demon butlers but all of the other the demons and youkai in 99% of anime are OK?

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
So that people will watch the upcoming China animes like "Died Paperpad" and "Assault on Giants"

Xenus

Why Black Butler? It doesn't have much gore in it, and I don't remember skeletons either... China doesn't allow swanky demon butlers but all of the other the demons and youkai in 99% of anime are OK?

Yeah some of them strike me as odd. SAO 2 but not SAO. Strike the Blood, Tokyo Ravens? Supernatural and maybe a little corrupt government but really mild compaired to some things not banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom