• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Christian School Forces Student to Leave After Learning of Web Site He Created

Status
Not open for further replies.
sigh again. Man, did anyone else take philosophy? I just see wonderful, masterful words coming from some posters.

In watching X-Play I did hear Sessler say, "Xbox is better than people." Aww, watever.

The kid shouldn't have made the site.

Let's just say the guy's never going to be the head of a PR machine, I grant you.

It's funny how people work.

Opinoins on things tend to be bunched up within personal "types". Example: the neoconservative type thinks the war in Iraq is a good idea and attacking Iran is even better. This same type hates gays, wants a ban on same-sex marriages, and almost always claims to have religious motivation.

The godlessliberal types strive for forgiveness, peace, and tend to support same-sex marriages. To them, the war in Iraq makes absolutely no sense, a war in Iran would be nothing more than an obvious dive towards long-term business gain, and they tend to have little to no religious affiliation (though this is not always true).

There's something wrong here. I thought the reason the New Testament annexed the Torah with the teachings of Christ was for the sake of turning around God's vengeful face and introducing a new, more forgiving deity. What the hell is happening these days?

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
shinokou said:
It's funny how people work.

Opinoins on things tend to be bunched up within personal "types". Example: the neoconservative type thinks the war in Iraq is a good idea and attacking Iran is even better. This same type hates gays, wants a ban on same-sex marriages, and almost always claims to have religious motivation.

The godlessliberal types strive for forgiveness, peace, and tend to support same-sex marriages. To them, the war in Iraq makes absolutely no sense, a war in Iran would be nothing more than an obvious dive towards long-term business gain, and they tend to have little to no religious affiliation (though this is not always true).

There's something wrong here. I thought the reason the New Testament annexed the Torah with the teachings of Christ was for the sake of turning around God's vengeful face and introducing a new, more forgiving deity. What the hell is happening these days?
Very true. What the hell indeed.

I just don't see how someone can base their entire beliefs and stake their very soul on writings from a time when people were vastly uneducated and incredibly superstitious. Plus, the whole thing with the New Testament being written 200 years after the events described within... seems obvious to me that the most logical explanation of Jesus is that he's a tall tale. There may have been a good man that existed as basis for him, but after 200 years of his exploits being communicated orally, you don't think a lot of it was played up and exaggerated a little bit more every telling for the sake of grandiosity? Then the possibility of creative editing from transcriptions of the written account over thousands of years? He's the result of the biggest game of 'telephone' ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom