• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Christmafying Your Avatar: 2010 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
czartim said:
yqEi0.gif
:lol :lol

Dissonance said:
Hey, can someone do mine please?

jHgdZ.png

A santa hat on Lightning, some snow, and those pretty Christmas lights at the edges would be awesome. Thanks. :D
P1wlI.gif

I put some lights in there somewhere too, they might be a bit hard to spot :p

LordAlu

If anyone could work their magic on mine it would be truly awesome. My MSPaint skills just don't cut it!

Type of Avatar: Animated GIF maybe?
Description: A santa hat and some snow would be lovely?

EdgecrusherLSU

Neo Member
First time trying to do something seasonal with my avatar.
I think i'll try myself but i'm sure it will pale in comparison to what alot of you guys can do.

berserkavatar3.gif

I'm thinkin santa hat and beard, dunno if there is anything else that could be done to it.

Alucrid said:
Wait, so how do yall do snow? Like, for example, a heavy blizzard ish thing going from right to left?
What program are you using? I've never thought to make snow going horizontally, but you can easily make a tile-able snow texture and have it sync to the number of frames that you want in your .gif so that it loops seamlessly.

Dissonance's avatar above has 4 layers of snow each sync'd to 20 frames, the layers behind are smaller so they have less pixels to move in order to get back to their original position, so it looks like they're moving slower.

aSZM2.jpg
Z3ypU.gif

Edit: An example. If you look at the avatar section you can see that it loops when the tiles match up. That's pretty much all it is.

If you use something like that and have the green dots match up at the beginning and end of the loop, it will look pretty good. That's just a bunch of dots duplicated 3 times and tiled.

Alucrid

Banned
Mechanical Snowman said:
What program are you using? I've never thought to make snow going horizontally, but you can easily make a tile-able snow texture and have it sync to the number of frames that you want in your .gif so that it loops seamlessly.

Dissonance's avatar above has 4 layers of snow each sync'd to 20 frames, the layers behind are smaller so they have less pixels to move in order to get back to their original position, so it looks like they're moving slower.

http://imgur.com/aSZM2.jpg[img]

If you use something like that and have the green dots match up at the beginning and end of the loop, it will look pretty good. That's just a bunch of dots duplicated 3 times and tiled.[/QUOTE]

I have CS3, so I suppose that. Thanks for the info though, I'm gonna go ahead and give it a try then. I suppose snow moving diagonally would be much hard to do?

Alucrid said:
I have CS3, so I suppose that. Thanks for the info though, I'm gonna go ahead and give it a try then. I suppose snow moving diagonally would be much hard to do?
I edited my post above with an example :) If you want some more tips or something we could take it to PMs.

Alucrid

Banned
Mechanical Snowman said:
I edited my post above with an example :) If you want some more tips or something we could take it to PMs.

Oh shit, that's perfect! Thanks, I'm going to give it a go now then. :D

Foxix Von

I suck with gifs, so I'm switching it up.

I just started playing through persona 3 so I figured I might as well do a Persona thing :lol

M0oEx.png

If anyone has any suggestions on how to make this better I'd be grateful :lol

Gui_PT

I would like to request a Santa hat on Milhouse's head. Or whatever you think would look good.

Appreciate the help =)

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
692xw8.jpg

I would very much appreciate someone plopping a Santa hat on this bad boy. I'd do it myself but my laptop is out of order right now and my work computer blows.

raphier said:
Somebody christmafyi my emptyness. :(
Type of avatar: don't matter
Description: devoid.
xmasabmntn.jpg

I never said it would be good... I tried to combine as many of the base resources as I could. His beard is actually a christmas tree...

Yeah...

You don't have to use it...

Bread

Banned
Don't think anyone got to mine after my 1st post, could someone just put a hat and add some snow falling? Thanks :D

LordAlu said:
If anyone could work their magic on mine it would be truly awesome. My MSPaint skills just don't cut it!

Type of Avatar: Animated GIF maybe?
Description: A santa hat and some snow would be lovely?
1zc26fc.gif

Hydranockz said:
xmasabmntn.jpg

I never said it would be good... I tried to combine as many of the base resources as I could. His beard is actually a christmas tree...

Yeah...

You don't have to use it...
lol awesome

X26

Banned
GAF did a nice one for me a few ears ago, but I don't have the file anymore, so if anyone feels up to it have at it

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Earl Cazone said:
please! someone!

i have no clue how to edit gifs, so it would be so awesome if someone could help me out
Not sure if this is all you wanted. Let me know if you want anything else :)

rlIX2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom