• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Christopher Judge (Teal'c from Stargate) is the new voice for Kratos

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Well we've had Claudia Black as Chloe in Uncharted, Now Christopher Judge as Kratos
Just need Michael Shanks, Amanda Tapping and Richard Dean-Anderson now lol

Sounded fine though hopefully they didn't just toss T.C. Carson aside without talking to him first. If I find out this is like what Blizzard did with SCII originally with Robert Clotworthy i'm gonna be pissed.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Nice!!! I knew it was him last night but checking his Wikipedia page, he wasn't listed as being the voice actor for Kratos so I thought I was wrong but happy, I was right and going by his Stargate character, he should be perfect for God of War.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Well we've had Claudia Black as Chloe in Uncharted, Now Christopher Judge as Kratos
Just need Michael Shanks, Amanda Tapping and Richard Dean-Anderson now lol

What we need is a Stargate game!!!

Chris_C

This makes a lot of sense. Christopher Judge has quite a bit of range as a voice actor, and I was surprised at how nuanced the performance in the demo was.

jackdoe

This makes a lot of sense. Christopher Judge has quite a bit of range as a voice actor, and I was surprised at how nuanced the performance in the demo was.
Yeah, it was definitely beyond the range that TC Carson displayed in any of the previous God of War games.

Hydrus

Kinda glad they decided to recast. Carson was/ is great and his Kratos will always be iconic, but I felt like he started to loose the vocal power starting with GOW 3. Started sounding less powerful and more higher.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Thinking about it, he does know a lot about Norse mythology.

vxkog.jpg

I love TC but after six games I found his voice performance to be as if he is always yelling but at different tones.

Christopher Judge brings a lot of range, I bet he is doing the mo-cap too.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Cool

Could tell it was someone different but wasn't sure who. From the demo he sounds like a damn good choice, although I did love Carson's performance.

Nzyme32

Ah awesome!! Thought the voice was familiar but couldn't place it.

Love the new direction of God of War. That makes a total of three games I want on PS4. At this rate I may end up having to buy one!

A Serpent guard, a Horus guard, and a Setesh guard meet in battle. The Serpent guard's eyes glow, the Horus guard's beak glistens, and the Setesh guard's nose drips.

I think that's about right.

I didn't even click the link.

You and me, we's like kindred spirits

I guessed it was Christopher Judge when i first heard it. He has a very distinct voice, indeed!

I knew it his voice and the way he says things stand out a mile, I said it in the other threads
Christopher Judge is the perfect fit for Kratos too you can just paint him in Ash and red war paint and it's Kratos, even his Teal'c character reminded me of him or the otherway round lol.

Indeed.
Indeed.

Caught the PlayStation livestream thing that he was on, and if they were looking for an actor who could do that voice and also have the general body and face to do the motion-acting, I think Christopher Judge nails it. He has some facial hair so when the livestream showed him there I even thought he looks like Kratos. >_>

I'm also very stoked by his mindset in approaching this new spin on Kratos, with Kratos trying to understand fatherhood having never been a son to a conventional father, that sorta thing.

Caught the PlayStation livestream thing that he was on, and if they were looking for an actor who could do that voice and also have the general body and face to do the motion-acting, I think Christopher Judge nails it. He has some facial hair so when the livestream showed him there I even thought he looks like Kratos. >_>

I'm also very stoked by his mindset in approaching this new spin on Kratos, with Kratos trying to understand fatherhood having never been a son to a conventional father, that sorta thing.
Was he interviewed or something? Is there a YouTube link?

Top Bottom