• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Christopher Judge (Teal'c from Stargate) is the new voice for Kratos

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
What I don't understand is why Kratos now looks white (and has a white son) instead of a Mediterranean covered in ash.
He had white wife and daughter too, this is only confusing if you thought Kratos wasn't white which he is.

New VA is amazing.

And today I learned that potentially, my father being an Italian immigrant, makes him not white.

As to the facial hair, my dad has black hair, dark skin, and reddish brown facial hair so Mediterranean men can sport that. Although he's from the Abruzzi region so he's got that more northern blood. And obviously not Greek

CRIcP.gif

New VA is amazing.

And today I learned that potentially, my father being an Italian immigrant, makes him not white.

As to the facial hair, my dad has black hair, dark skin, and reddish brown facial hair so Mediterranean men can sport that. Although he's from the Abruzzi region so he's got that more northern blood. And obviously not Greek
I wonder if the tendency towards reddish-brown facial hair is at all more prevalent among Italians, because it's definitely not something you see among Greeks that often. Usually it's dark skin, black hair, and black facial hair for us.

I guess it's certainly not impossible for Kratos to have brown-ish facial hair, just unusual.

Duxxy3

Finally gave the old voice actor a break. I don't know how he got through so many games with all of that yelling.

The VA can be a little goofy in places, but yeah I'd rather play with the Greek. Here's to hoping they do another Greek dub for this game.

I doubt they'll make another dub.The reception for the dub wasn't so well and most greek gamers know english anyway so I think the trend for Sony exclusives from now on will be to just include greek subtitles.

Kinyou

What's funny is that in Germany Kratos and Teal'c already had the same voice actor.

TC Carson has been on twitter, seems to have taken it well..
Hm, he doesn't sound mad, but he tells all the people who tweet that they miss him that they should let Sony know. Sounds like he wouldn't mind doing the job

I doubt they'll make another dub.The reception for the dub wasn't so well and most greek gamers know english anyway so I think the trend for Sony exclusives from now on will be to just include greek subtitles.
it's a goofy dub sure, but it'd be nice to see them try to improve on it.

Τα παθήματα των πρώτων, γεφύρι των δεύτερων.

Vice

Why is his kid white?

I don't think it's his biological child in the newest one. He asks questions such as, "did your mother teach you how to hunt?" Which he should know if he was the kids dad from day 1. Unless you mean in GoW1, then I don't remember.

Kinyou

It's MGS all over again; I just hate hearing stuff like this...why didn't they just end up using Carson if they went with the same VA for the German side?
To be fair, it's a little different because the devs are probably not much involved with the German dub. Usually that's handled by the publisher.

nOoblet16

The way he voiced Kratos is very similar to how he voiced Teal'c, a very flat but firm speech pattern with lines that are straight to point.

Ploid 3.0

His biological brother is much paler. His biological daughter was also white. C'mon guys.

I don't think it matters what he is, but a interesting thing is David Jaffe's impression on the kid's looks.

D.J. - "I have to say, it's like, this kid... I think Kratos' mama must have been sleeping around or something, because this does not seem like Kratos' kid to me."

Source, David Jaffe watches Sony's press conference https://youtu.be/AjBNCwvSG8E?t=735

Most likely true if he's THOR!!!! It'll be like how Gia was given Zeus to raise or something.

What's funny is that in Germany Kratos and Teal'c already had the same voice actor.

Hm, he doesn't sound mad, but he tells all the people who tweet that they miss him that they should let Sony know. Sounds like he wouldn't mind doing the job

TC recorded the audio for Kratos in Hot Shots Golf! I always got the impression he loved doing the character and would show up for anything Kratos.

edit: Also, I'm still betting on that NOT being Kratos' biological son.

Top Bottom