• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Christopher Judge (Teal'c from Stargate) is the new voice for Kratos

Raylan

Banned
God of War - E3 2016 LiveCast | Cory Barlog and Christopher Judge Interview

Don't forget! The man with the greatest pants in the history of gaming:

tk03UL0.png

Strange how much of a different direction they're going, but I was never invested in this series anyway. I can understand anyone being upset, though personally I thought he was quite good in the presentation segment.

Performance in the E3 vid was great, imo.

Same, I don't know if they do the VA first and then the animation or vice versa, but it was a good match between the voice and animated acting. Sold the middling dialog well.

LiK

What's with some of the comments here? I hope they're joke posts. Kratos is a white Greek guy. He just happens to have a black VA.

Yazuka

So that's why it sounded so familiar. Had been watching X-men Evolution a few days before this. He voices Magneto in that show.

nOoblet16

Indeed, I thought I recognised the voice.

If you think this means Kratos will be calm then you're wrong because,
Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson. They will, in fact, calm up.

nOoblet16

Well we've had Claudia Black as Chloe in Uncharted, Now Christopher Judge as Kratos
Just need Michael Shanks, Amanda Tapping and Richard Dean-Anderson now lol

Richard Dean Anderson as MacGyver Ryder in Mass Effect Andromeda !
Indeed.

Zakard

His new voice sounded great. Alot more nuanced, but to be fair Terrence C. Carson had not alot of material to shine besides as an angry god of war.

Bishop89

guy is jacked!

It still feels weird seeing him without that damn symbol on his forehead lol I grew up with him so it was definitely weird first seeing him without it, and with hair lol

guy is jacked!

It still feels weird seeing him without that damn symbol on his forehead lol I grew up with him so it was definitely weird first seeing him without it, and with hair lol

Wait until you have a blast from the past and see him in an episode of McGyver

hqdefault.jpg

Kinyou

A bit sad to see Carson go. Judge is a great replacement, but when a long established voice actor gets replaced it just feels a little wrong. Hope the split up was friendly.

LiK

A bit sad to see Carson go. Judge is a great replacement, but when a long established voice actor gets replaced it feels just a little wrong. Hope the separation was friendly.

Let's see if we see any salty posts from him ala MGSV x Hayter

A bit sad to see Carson go. Judge is a great replacement, but when a long established voice actor gets replaced it just feels a little wrong. Hope the split up was friendly.

I can agree with this, but it really sounded like Christopher Judge captured an older Kratos perfectly.

m_dorian

Good choice. Great actor. I like his voice.

As for the color, i am Greek but after a week under the summer sun, i really can't call myself white lol. Imagine the people of the archaic era, farmers, soldiers, sailors spending their whole life under the sun.

Top Bottom