• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Christopher Judge (Teal'c from Stargate) is the new voice for Kratos

raphanum

I KNEW IT!!!

I said this very thing to my girlfriend while hearing his delivery. The way he said words that end with the letter 'n', reminded me of Teal'c. Told her I think it is Chris Judge. Even more pumped now!!!

Love SG1.

eGGVhOW.gif

Indeed.

sn00zer

I really really don't like recasting voice actors for major/primary characters after so many games :(

Yeah but when the character is a few decades older and the voice actor sounds exactly like an older version of the original voice actor instead of sounding just like Keifer Sutherland I think its ok.

Omg! I love him! My dad use to watch Stargate like hell and I remember always hearing his voice and think to myself that no one could have a voice that damn deep. This is awesome

mdzapeer

Great choice, he is a good actor. He sounded better than the old actor and suits the older Kratos much better.

He has much more range than always angry too..if you have seen the show (I have seen all SG1 episodes), you know this guy is good.

mdzapeer

Yeah but when the character is a few decades older and the voice actor sounds exactly like an older version of the original voice actor instead of sounding just like Keifer Sutherland I think its ok.

Burn!...ye this is the proper way of changing voice actors.

Just the ashes make him look white, here's a shot of him from GoW1.

bWkk1d1.jpg

Mind blown. He must be mixed race. Possibly from when the Moors (Africans) ruled Europe. (if real history even applies in the GoW universe)

One thing's for sure, if Hollywood ever got their hands on the property to make a movie, it'll be Micheal Fastbender, Jake Gellynhall or someone similar.

frontovik

Banned
Mind blown. He must be mixed race. Possibly from when the Moors (Africans) ruled Europe. (if real history even applies in the GoW universe)

Where did you learn your history? The Moors were only able to expand into the Iberian Peninsula and were halted near the Gascogne region of France during the Early Middle Ages.

They certainly didn't expand into Ancient Greece.

Carson had a great voice for screaming. But in those rare moments where Kratos had to speak softer there was a certain gravitas that was missing

Christopher Judge sounds intimidating as Kratos even speaking softly to a kid

Yet to see if he can pull off anything as iconic as an "ARES!" scream though

Carson had a great voice for screaming. But in those rare moments where Kratos had to speak softer there was a certain gravitas that was missing

Christopher Judge sounds intimidating as Kratos even speaking softly to a kid

Yet to see if he can pull off anything as iconic as an "ARES!" scream though

As yet another person who has watched the entirety of SG-1, I have no doubt he should be able pull it off.

DiscoJer

I always hate to see voice actors in a long running series get replaced, but in this case, he's being replaced by someone awesome.

He was to SG-1 what Leonard Nimoy was to Star Trek

Jedi2016

My first impression was that it sounded like Kevin Michael Richardson, but it was a bit different when he started yelling. I'll have to watch the trailer again.

Still, pretty cool. I like Chris Judge.

Huh, no wonder the inflections in his voice sounded different. Gonna miss the over the top and theatrical performance of Carson, but I'll give the new voice a chance

That mans facial expressions were always amazing.

I also loved the fact that in Stargate he always looked like if he lost it, he could kill everyone in the room in 30 seconds.

Quite apt choice actually.

Fuck whoever told he could grow his hair in Stargate though. No offense but it made dude look stupid as fuck.

I'm genuinely sad to lose Carson, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that Judge did an incredible job - from the first words he spoke, I immediately knew it was Kratos, even though it was no longer the same voice. Judge gave Kratos some beautiful quiet moments, along with some really great comedic timing. It was a bit of a mind-fuck the whole time, I kept going back and forth whether or not it was still Carson - something was off, but he did still sound like Kratos! Really impressive casting.

Thank you for the wonderful years as Kratos, T.C.

Kratos isn't white

I have to admit, I'm having a bit of trouble with Kratos' new face - I keep thinking of Jeff Bridges in Iron Man. His new model feels like quite a bit of a dissonance from his previous models. It'd be nice if SSM made Kratos look a lot more like Christopher Judge, instead of Norse Mythology Jeff Bridges.

He banged a Norwegian.

To be fair, not to mention the game is about Norse mythology. *shrugs*

His skin might be whiter, but Kratos' face now looks more Greek to me than it did in the past actually.

What do I know tho.

Besides being Greek lol

Honestly, it the facial hair that's throwing me off the most. I feel it should be darker, especially as Kratos was never clean shaven and it was far darker in the older games.

Melfice7

Called it! Kree!

Hope he says indeed sometime.

I loved the scream when he used spartan rage, Kratos is not someone you'd like to face D:

I thought so. Didn't sound like Carson.
Yeah, that was pretty evident I thought. I didn't know who it was at the time but as soon as Kratos spoke I knew they'd changed the voice actor.

I'm not entirely sold on the new voice (kind of like losing Ironside for Fisher) but I'm sure I'll come around.

NastyBook

TC Carson ‏@TCCarson 1h1 hour ago
To my folk, you've been wondering if I am Voicing Kratos in GOW4
I am not. Sony went in a new direction. let em know what you think
I personally thanked him for all his hard work, then followed him. If you enjoyed all that rage in the past games, please thank him when you get the chance.

Dahaka

Where did you learn your history? The Moors were only able to expand into the Iberian Peninsula and were halted near the Gascogne region of France during the Early Middle Ages.

They certainly didn't expand into Ancient Greece.

Neither were they predominantly black or subsaharid as he probably claims.

Top Bottom