• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chronicles of Riddick: Butcher Bay has made me sad and weepy

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Gattsu25 said:
A war with the uninformed people that are diluted by misguided loyalties and nastolgia?

Yep. Riddick is a vastly superior single player game. Times change, I'm afraid, and GE is now dated (whether people can handle this fact or not). Riddick is simply a better game. Sure, some may have better memories of GE...but Riddick is cut from superior cloth.

Obviously, GE has better multiplayer, though... :p

jedimike

I played some more last night. The game really is superb. I love how each prisoner seems unique. Even some of the guards have individual voices.

The game is good but not great for me. Ignoring the major clipping issues, the only downsides would be that you have to rely too much on stealth sometimes and that the movements are not as fluid as they could have been.

Let's see what they do with a sequel...

jedimike

maximum360 said:
The game is good but not great for me. Ignoring the major clipping issues, the only downsides would be that you have to rely too much on stealth sometimes and that the movements are not as fluid as they could have been.

Let's see what they do with a sequel...

Clipping mas very minor in Riddick and the "movements" were very smooth. Of course, I don't know what movements you're talking about because everything is in 1st person unless you are doing a special action like climbing a ladder or entering a vent which have the best animations I have ever seen.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
The only clipping I saw was when standing near the corner of a wall and under enemy fire - bullets would occasionally clip through. That's about it as far as I can remember.

KAOS

Escape from butcher bay kicked ass no doubt{Metro Prime could use some pointers from this game}! Probably the only videogame that has worked as well as a prequel to a movie. It made viewing Pitchblack even more enjoyable to watch again. Ninja Gaiden is still GOTY IMO. I just hope that Starbreeze can make a sequel to Riddick as well as Enclave.

Top Bottom