• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Chuck" versus the NeoGAF - The Official Season 2 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gruco

Banned
BrandNew said:
To be fair, you could say the same about Chuck.

SARAH I LOVE YOU

CHUCK YOU'RE THE INTERSECT

MISSION

SARAH DO YOU LOVE ME NOW
Yeah, I like the show and all, but this formula really is quite bad. It's what keeps it at more of a guilty pleasure rather than legitimately great show.

Gruco said:
Yeah, I like the show and all, but this formula really is quite bad. It's what keeps it at more of a guilty pleasure rather than legitimately great show.

They really moved away from this formula at the end of last season though. We complained pretty heavily about it through much of Season 2, saying that it was getting old, but they actually really toned it down for a number of the episodes, until the season finale of course.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
ConfusingJazz said:
You know, this is why I love NewsRadio so much. Instead of playing this shit, they just had the characters fuck in the second episode.

Yeah, it would be nice if they would move on one way or the other, but we already know that won't be the case based off of the guest stars for the season. Honestly I guess I shouldn't expect anything else when one of the shows co-creators is the Gossip Girls showrunner too.

But beyond that I can't wait until season 3 starts, as well as getting season 2 on Blu-ray.

Haven't tried this myself, but a lot of people are passing around the free $4 Amazon.com Video on Demand credit (promo: AVODGIFT). Use it to download two episodes of Chuck if you want. Redeem it here on Amazon.

Also:
ChuckTV.net said:
The latest episode of GMMR and Ducky’s TV Talk Podcast features interviews with Zachary Levi, Yvonne Strahovski and Adam Baldwin on the set of Chuck. It’s hilarious, but beware! spoilers!
Link.

- ChuckTV.net's "The Chuck Year Review" with a roundup off all the stories from Chuckdom in 2009.
- Just a reminder that the S2 DVD/BRD's are out next Tuesday, January 5th.
- I'm working on the S3 OP this week, and I hope to have it up on Friday or Saturday. If you have any links, banners, images, avatars, etc... that you'd like me to include, just PM them to me.

Ken Tucker @ EW.com asks which 5 episodes you'd recommend to people that have never seen Chuck before. He goes with Intersect, Crown Vic, Gravitron, and the Ring to start.

Also, NBC released their loglines for the first two episodes *big spoilers*:
NBC said:
Season 3, Episode 1 “Chuck Versus the Pink Slip”
SEASON PREMIERE—WITH HIS NEW INTERSECT ABILITIES, CHUCK NOW WANTS TO BE A REAL SPY BUT NOBODY SAID THAT WAS GOING TO BE EASY—As the upgraded Intersect, Chuck (Zachary Levi) trains to become a full-fledged spy but hits rock bottom when he flunks out of spy school and loses Sarah (Yvonne Strahovski) in the process. Meanwhile, Morgan (Joshua Gomez) comes home from Benihana School to help Chuck get over Sarah. Adam Baldwin, Sarah Lancaster, Ryan McPartlin, Vik Sahay and Scott Krinsky also star.

Season 3, Episode 2 “Chuck Versus the Three Words”
CHUCK MUST LEARN TO CONTROL HIS EMOTIONS SO HE CAN BE A SPY… EVEN IF HE’S STILL IN LOVE WITH SARAH—VINNIE JONES (”SNATCH”) GUEST STARS—Chuck (Zachary Levi) gets a new mission when Sarah’s (Yvonne Strahovski) best friend Carina comes through town with her fiancé Karl (guest star Vinnie Jones). Things get complicated when Chuck wants to hash out his and Sarah’s relationship problems while they’re on the mission. Meanwhile, Morgan (Joshua Gomez) finds himself in trouble when he lies to Jeff (Scott Krinsky) and Lester (Vik Sahay). Mark Christopher Lawrence also stars.
Woohoo! Less than two weeks away from the premiere!

2vi2ww6.gif

- Televisionary's 9-minute video interview with Zachary Levi:
What's coming up on Season Three of Chuck, the eleventh hour renewal, Chuck's relationship with Sarah, the new Intersect 2.0, the birth of a superhero, and more.
- NBC has the last five episodes of S2 up for streaming. They'll be available until January 11th.
- Full transcript of the conference call / interview with Zachary Levi, Josh Schwartz and Chris Fedak from mid-December
- Blu-Ray Review of the Season 2 set from HomeTheaterForum
The Season: 4.5/5
Video Quality: 3/5
Audio Quality: 3.5/5
Special Features: 3/5
Overall Score (not an average): 3.5/5

A great NBC action-comedy series gets an average video presentation, decent audio presentation, and a mostly superficial set of extras. Regardless, fans of the show won't be (or shouldn't be) deterred from adding this second season release to their collection.

Nightz

So my friend's been raving about this show for a while now. Yesterday, since I had the day off, I decided to watch the first episode just to check it out. I was expecting to see one, maybe two episodes, but I ended up staying up until 1 am to finish the entire first season. Definitely paying for it here at work now lol, but I enjoyed every minute of it!

Looking forward to starting season 2 tonight, and it looks like I'll be on pace to catch up before season 3 starts! :D

Jasoco

Banned
ollin said:
Bad news Fox is moving up the return date of House to compete with Chuck. I love my DVR. :D
Guess it's back to recording House and Chuck and watching How I Met Your Mother on CBS.com again. Though my girlfriend isn't going to like that. She loves House and HIMYM and would rather watch them on TV. God, CBS.com sucks.

Fucking Monday nights! Why can't TiVo's have three tuners?

I just started watching Chuck a couple weeks ago after hearing all the "Save Chuck" commotion. It's really good and I can't wait to start watching it on TV. Probably make me want to look forward to Mondays, yay.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Crumpet Trumpet said:
I just started watching Chuck a couple weeks ago after hearing all the "Save Chuck" commotion. It's really good and I can't wait to start watching it on TV. Probably make me want to look forward to Mondays, yay.

1g4zg9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom