• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chuck versus the NeoGAF - The Official Season 3 Thread - Mondays on NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
33u30rd.jpg

Chuck is back for season 3 this month on NBC with 19 new episodes filled with of action, comedy, and 80's references. It'll all kick off with two episodes on January 10th followed by a third in its regular timeslot at 8pm on Monday. ¡Viva Buy Moria!

Please note the schedule courtesy of Alan Sepinwall:
"Chuck" will be debuting with back to back episodes on Sunday, January 10 from 9-11, then airing a third episode in its new/old regular timeslot, Mondays at 8, on Jan. 11.
Summary:
NBC.com said:
No More Mr. Nice Spy. Our favorite secret agent is back in the one-hour action-comedy series. Chuck Bartowski (Zachary Levi) returns as a regular guy, working at a Buy More electronics store, who becomes the government’s most vital secret agent.

Chuck is transformed into the Intersect 2.0 after another data download into his brain. This time around, he not only knows government secrets, but he also is well equipped with deadly fight skills. Chuck has the potential to become a real agent, but he has one problem -- his emotions. Now he faces the battle of keeping his emotions in check in order to protect himself and the people around him.

The ever stoic Colonel John Casey (Adam Baldwin) returns with partner Sarah Walker (Yvonne Strahovski), one of the CIA's top agents and Chuck's dream girl. As Chuck assumes his new role as the Intersect 2.0, Casey and Sarah need to protect him but also help him become the agent he is destined to be.

Also starring are: Joshua Gomez as Morgan Grimes -- Chuck's best buddy; Sarah Lancaster as Chuck's ever-supportive sister Ellie; Ryan McPartlin as Devon Woodcomb (also known as "Captain Awesome"), Ellie's husband. Chuck's Buy More team consists of Big Mike (Mark Christopher Lawrence) and the Nerd Herd, which includes Lester (Vik Sahay) and Jeff (Scott Krinsky).

"Chuck" is co-created by Josh Schwartz ("The O.C., "Gossip Girl") and Chris Fedak, and is executive-produced by Schwartz, McG ("Charlie's Angels," "We Are Marshall"), Fedak, Allison Adler and Matthew Miller.
1znu492.jpg

Videos:
- Main Hulu Page
- Season 2 Recap <--- having trouble finding a decent S2 recap vid...
- Jeffster perform "Fat Bottom Girls" at Comic Con
- S1 episodes at WB.com (not a complete set)
- Season 1 blooper reel
- Chuck Season 2 Deleted Scenes - Part 1
- Chuck Season 2 Deleted Scenes - Part 2
- Chuck Season 2 Deleted Scenes - Part 3
- Chuck Season 2 Deleted Scenes - Part 4
- Chuck Season 2 DVD/Blu-ray Blooper Reel

Promos:
Full list of the NBC promos from another site:
- "One thing changed his mind."
- "Boom Boom Pow!"
- "Drug cartels. Arm dealers."
- "Chuck. Never gets the girl..."
- "Chuck is not your average spy"
- "Smarter. Stronger."
- "Secret hideway. Check. Kung Fu. Check."
- "This is a whole new Chuck."
- "Flashes of Brilliance."
- "No More Mr. Nice Spy" (5 sec tidbit)
- "Your country is calling for you."
- "Become a Chuckpert."
- "Flashes of Brilliance 2"
- "Chuck and Sarah, Choices"

16k6npw.jpg

Upcoming Episodes:

Code:
[b]Episode Title Date[/b]
Ep 301 	Chuck Versus The Pink Slip 		1/10 	[b](Sun, 9pm)[/b]
Ep 302 	Chuck Versus The Three Words 		1/10 	[b](Sun, 10pm)[/b]
Ep 303 	Chuck Versus The Angel De La Muerte 	1/11 	(Mon, 8pm)
Ep 304 	Chuck Versus Operation Awesome 		1/18 	(Mon, 8pm)
Ep 305 	Chuck Versus First Class 		1/25 	(Mon, 8pm)
Ep 306	Chuck Versus The Nacho Sampler		2/1	(Mon, 8pm)
Ep 307	Chuck Versus Mask			2/8	(Mon, 8pm)
* WINTER OLYMPIC BREAK*
Ep 308	Chuck Versus the Fake Name		3/1	
Ep 309	Chuck Versus the Beard			3/8
Ep 310	Chuck Versus the Tic Tac		3/15
Ep 311	Chuck Versus the Final Exam		3/22
Ep 312  Chuck Versus the American Hero		3/29
Ep 313	Chuck Versus the Other Guy		4/5
Ep 305	Chuck Versus First Class		4/12	[b]*repeat*[/b]
Ep 309	Chuck Versus the Beard			4/19	[b]*repeat*[/b]
Ep 314  Chuck Versus the Honeymooners		4/26
Ep 315  Chuck Versus the Role Models		5/3
Ep 316  Chuck Versus the Tooth			5/10
Ep 317  Chuck Versus the Living Dead		5/17
Ep 318  Chuck Versus the Subway			5/24	(Mon, 8pm)
Ep 319  Chuck Versus the Ring: Part 2		5/24	(Mon, 9pm)
NBC loglines *big spoilers*:
NBC said:
Episode 3.16 - Chuck versus the Tooth
CHUCK THE SPY NEEDS A THERAPIST - CHRISTOPHER LLOYD ("BACK TO THE FUTURE") GUEST STARS - Chuck (Zachary Levi) struggles with disturbing dreams and now he believes his most recent dream predicts danger for a visiting head of state. General Beckman (Bonita Friedericy), however, is unconvinced and assigns Chuck to meet with a CIA psychiatrist Dr. Leo Dreyfus (guest star Christopher Lloyd). Meanwhile, Ellie (Sarah Lancaster) gets surprising news and Anna (guest star Julia Ling) returns to the Buy More to talk to Morgan (Joshua Gomez). Yvonne Strahovski, Adam Baldwin, Ryan McPartlin, Scott Krinsky and Vik Sahay also star.

Episode 3.17 - Chuck versus the Living Dead
CHUCK TRIES TO KEEP HIS SPY LIFE SECRET FROM HIS FATHER - SCOTT BAKULA ("QUANTUM LEAP") GUEST STARS - After his last dream, Chuck (Zachary Levi) asks Morgan (Joshua Gomez) to help him on a side mission. Their investigation becomes complicated when Stephen J. Bartowski (guest star Scott Bakula) returns and learns that Chuck downloaded the Intersect 2.0. Luckily, Chuck's father may be able to help his son. Yvonne Strahovski, Adam Baldwin, Ryan McPartlin, Scott Krinsky, Vik Sahay and Mark Christopher Lawrence also star.

Episode 3.18/3.19 - Chuck versus The Subway & Chuck versus The Ring: Part 2
05/24/2010 (08:00PM - 10:00PM) (Monday) : THE RING TARGETS CHUCK AND HIS TEAM--SCOTT BAKULA ("QUANTUM LEAP") GUEST STARS- The Ring is closing in on Chuck (Zachary Levi) and Operation Bartowski. Fortunately, Chuck's dad Steven (guest star Scott Bakula) is working hard to save his son. Meanwhile, Casey (Adam Baldwin) must secretly protect his daughter from the Ring, and Big Mike (Mark Christopher Lawrence) receives some serious news about the Buy More. Yvonne Strahovski, Joshua Gomez, Ryan McPartlin, Scott Krinsky and Vik Sahay also star.
Season 3 Guest Stars: (confirmed so far)
359gwvn.jpg
r91kw7.jpg
2s0ycu0.jpg
2ik5kc2.jpg
jj4enl.jpg
17pshk.jpg

2eap4pe.jpg
29dcx38.jpg
2wlxdo4.jpg
2ljrthl.jpg
2sblhf4.jpg
2s159xt.jpg

- Tony Hale
- Mini Anden
- Brandon Routh
- Kristin Kreuk
- Angie Harmon
- Vinnie Jones
- Armand Assante
- Steve Austin
- Tony "Paulie Walnuts" Sirico
- Diedrich Bader
- Robert Patrick
- Mark Sheppard
- Fred Willard
- Swoosie Kurtz
- Christopher Lloyd

2ekmxzk.jpg

Links:
- Chuck Fansite
- IMDB
- Wikipedia
- Main Hulu Page
- TV.com
- NBC's Chuck page
- NBC's Fan Page: ChuckMeOut.com
- GAF Chuck S1 Thread
- GAF Chuck S2 Thread
- Alan Sepinwall's Season 1 Episode Recaps
- Alan Sepinwall's Season 2 Episode Recaps
- Television Without Pity Recaps for S1 and S2
- Chuck vs the Podcast

10oqlqh.jpg

Chuck versus the Ratings

Chuck has always been a bit...uhhh...ratings challenged, and this season will probably be no different. With NBC in a tailspin, it's tough to say what they're looking for from Chuck. There will be ratings discussion here, and it's somewhat likely to be a bit of a downer at times. My advice is to enjoy the show and not get too hung up on them.
Robert Seidman @ TV by the Numbers said:
The fate of Chuck won’t keep me up at nights. I have almost 20 new episodes to look forward to, and I’m looking forward to them and will enjoy each episode (provided they are good). I won’t be thinking “Damn, I would really enjoy the hell out of this show if I wasn’t so worried about it being cancelled! But because I’m worried, I can’t even enjoy the show!” If you are a Chuck fan, you shouldn’t be thinking like that either.
Music

Schwartz and Fedak assemble a great soundtrack including some newer stuff as well as classics from the 80's. ChuckTV has a full soundtrack listing on their site:
- Season 1
- Season 2
- Season 3 coming soon!

2ibz15f.jpg

Early Reviews of the first five episodes:

Alan Sepinwall's sneak peek at S3 said:
The short version: if you're somebody who bought a Subway sandwich on the night "Chuck vs. the Ring" aired, or if you somehow hate sandwiches but love "Chuck" anyway, or if you're just a fan of TV shows that are both fun and awesome, then you'll be pleased with what "Chuck" will have going on when it returns on January 10. I'm typing this blog post with a goofy smile plastered across my face, and I suspect it's not going away for a while.
Maureen Ryan said:
All I can really do is repeat what Alan Sepinwall said: They made me smile. It's "Chuck," after all -- the episodes are fun and there's action and there's humor.
Jace @ Televisionary said:
All in all, these first few episodes of Chuck's third season are sensational and engaging. They also point to what promises to be an incredible season that builds on the plotlines that have come before, but which also forges ahead in new directions, setting up new mythologies and ongoing subplots that are intriguing, complicated, and, well, awesome. In other words: Season Three of Chuck is back and better than ever.
ChuckTV.net said:
Those who do return will be treated to more of what Chuck does best: intertwine action, drama, and comedy into 42-minute packages of pure entertainment.
ChuckMeMondays said:
Make no mistake, this season FEELS DIFFERENT from previous seasons. In some ways, it is jarring. Each episode is so full of detailed material that I had to check the time on the episodes because it felt like each was 2-hours as opposed to 42-minutes. Thankfully, it is all an improvement over previous seasons (as if the show needed it).

I'll add more when they pop up later.

21o0l6c.jpg

Please let me know if you have any corrections or additions to the OP.

gdt

FUCK YES.

S2 is one of my favorite seasons of TV ever, and this looks just as good.

Cannot wait.

Bonus Post #1 featuring...

Ladies of Chuck:
2572fsz.jpg
2v0bndy.jpg

2i12z4j.jpg
52gx76.jpg

Solo's Theorem of Chuck Quality:
Let's hope this works for S3 :p
118gbbp.jpg

Gif-a-palooza:
zn5wn4.jpg
34q8ihk.jpg
vfiowh.jpg
22f8r4.jpg
10fnaco.jpg
2efqiv4.jpg
21ew4nc.jpg
281zrix.jpg
zlckjl.jpg
nygp5t.jpg
2dgj8ex.jpg

Bonus Post #2:

Big Pics and Posters:

(click to enlarge)

Need a Chuck avatar? Feel free to grab one of these.

90x120
2j2c8k9_th.jpg
n6t8k8_th.jpg
2i9img2_th.jpg
263hmdw_th.jpg
2e54oe0_th.jpg
16k9ahj_th.jpg
bjbf3m_th.jpg
25s21e1_th.jpg
s18ghc_th.jpg
2zgbwb8_th.jpg
2vwiq07_th.jpg
2i1gjte_th.jpg
2zyy3d3_th.jpg
2yvjtsj_th.jpg
160vhfl_th.jpg
35au8av_th.jpg
149y261_th.jpg
2mzgnte_th.jpg
20tqg07_th.jpg
23wmps7_th.jpg
28b798j_th.jpg
14wq79l_th.jpg
11glisi_th.jpg
2zszpd1_th.jpg
ir7z3r_th.jpg
2hmiip1_th.jpg
24lpg1z_th.jpg
29g26o8_th.jpg
675hr7_th.jpg
fyk1tu_th.jpg
xddvmx_th.jpg
212e49h_th.jpg
16868mo_th.jpg
zlvsxc_th.jpg
33k9fgn_th.jpg
157lzzm_th.jpg
ju76ew_th.jpg
igvymb_th.jpg
1zm0474_th.jpg
zjbguq_th.jpg
20f95hh_th.jpg
34epxyb_th.jpg
2820v8i_th.jpg
2mdgm76_th.jpg
2prctw0_th.jpg
2u44gb8_th.jpg
1zd6czs_th.jpg
t5ltv4_th.jpg
fawn60_th.jpg

90x90
504kkp.jpg
lxixf.jpg
2887053.jpg
2efuis4.jpg
97k6mb.jpg
4qg3l5_th.jpg
zxp30l_th.jpg
30tow01_th.jpg
2076bns_th.jpg
2hgrdw5_th.jpg
2hs0n83_th.jpg
ina53b_th.jpg
141thz7_th.jpg
293gb9s_th.jpg
9kzdvr_th.jpg
2dgvm6p_th.jpg
oigcoy_th.jpg
rmpern_th.jpg
15prjon_th.jpg
33kskmd_th.jpg
29eit0g_th.jpg
15g2neu_th.jpg
2rnxwck_th.jpg
2dkfpzq_th.jpg
2gtnehu_th.jpg
66f2g8_th.jpg
in4vpt_th.jpg
23vcpdv_th.jpg
sc8euh_th.jpg
2na5o9d_th.jpg
2q883dx_th.jpg
30j4v2c_th.jpg
dykpvk_th.jpg
157lugz_th.jpg
flhkzb_th.jpg
aww0er_th.jpg
24b8e1v_th.jpg
2hxasn8_th.jpg
5uqstz_th.jpg
358usra_th.jpg
2n7ftvm_th.jpg
30xcqoy_th.jpg
2ldhfh4_th.jpg
znmwb8_th.jpg
30c9f9g_th.jpg
208bqz5_th.jpg
jac48z_th.jpg
slmmit_th.jpg
vdg6x2_th.jpg
bgtqa1_th.jpg
k2yet3_th.jpg
2iut93m_th.jpg
1c1uu_th.jpg

Avatars from S2 courtesy of Exarchos
14ttp8x.jpg
2mg2ibp.jpg
2poxxtx.jpg
eitpjp.jpg
2cxzu3t.jpg
10wqtdi.jpg
f1ikyd.jpg
35bt5w1.jpg
23i6v44.gif
23uefk1.jpg
4tq6i8.jpg
10hp1es.jpg
16hkrnq.jpg
qq5p1l.gif
x5cjkg.gif
296bujt.jpg
iv8f2a.jpg
1572hxz.jpg

Reno7728

Ladies of chuck needs more tricia helfer from s2 :D

Also any news from anyone about UK airings, or should i just watch earlier from someplace else

Yes!

I hopped on the Chuck bandwagon right before season 2 began. Watched the pilot, got hooked, zoomed through all the episodes in a couple of nights, and have been enjoying some of the most entertaining television since. Now a lot of my friends and family are avid fans as well.

After being a serious season 2 thread lurker, I'll attempt to be a bit more active in this thread.

Can't believe January 10th is almost here...

Reno7728 said:
Ladies of chuck needs more tricia helfer from s2 :D
2zyy2ox.gif

Screaming_Gremlin said:
http://i42.tinypic.com/x5cjkg.gif[IMG]

Didn't this avatar get Costanza banned for a while? :lol [/QUOTE]Is that the one that got him banned? Yikes. I guess people should use that one at their own risk. :/

Aladuf

Banned
Hell yeah, January 10th is so close I can feel it. Aside from a random episode or two, I haven't watch Season 2 in it's entirety since it aired, so once my Blu ray shows up in a few days I'm going to watch that thing marathon-style in order to prep for Season 3.

Can't wait for Season 3. :D

gdt

Yeah, I still have to buy S1/2.

Haven't decided how I'll work out my rewatch. Zoom through it and watch it with S3, or just wait till after?

Decisions, decisions...

Oozer3993

OP is excellent and provides a good home for the upcoming season :D

Jace @ Televisionary said:
All in all, these first few episodes of Chuck's third season are sensational and engaging. They also point to what promises to be an incredible season that builds on the plotlines that have come before, but which also forges ahead in new directions, setting up new mythologies and ongoing subplots that are intriguing, complicated, and, well, awesome. In other words: Season Three of Chuck is back and better than ever.

This is just mean. Reviews like this just make the wait even longer.

Solo

Woohoo, and we're back! Its been a long time coming, gents. Even my unease with the last 5 minutes of the finale and its implications for this year cannot dim my excitement for this very awesome show to begin.

Props to the OG S1 crew. We were visionaries, I tell ya! :D

Cornballer said:
Solo's Theorem of Chuck Quality:
Let's hope this works for S3 :p
118gbbp.jpg

:lol

TehOh

YEESSSSSS

Best show on tv. Don't ever try to convince me otherwise.

Season 2 blu ray next week! I'm going to probably rewatch all of it before S3 starts.

Orgun

Soooooo looking forward to these new episodes :D Think I may wait until Tuesday and watch all three episodes in a row.

Dibs!
qq5p1l.gif

Awesome

McLovin

Chuck is awesome! But I wish they choreographed better.. that last episode in S2 near the end wasn't very believable. Still bad ass though.

Kick-Ass OP, Corn! Thanks for all your hard work. Glad to see you didn't put up my avatar, don't want anyone to steal it. :D

Cheers to the most fun TV show currently airing. It's the only TV show I watch with a constant dopey grin.

RevoDS

kassatsu said:
Thread needs more Jeffster.

dance.gif
This. Rewatched Chuck versus the Best Friend yesterday (as part of a rewatch I started a few weeks back, one episode a day until January 8), and it's by far my favorite episode. Jeffster rules!

Goodbye team Annie, I'm now on Team Sarah! Great thread by the way Cornballer :D Those last 10 days are going to be rough...

Nightz

Can't wait! I started watching the series on Monday of this week and I'm about to start episode 13 of season 2. Awesome show. :D

ollin

Can't wait Season 2 blu ray coming out finally next week and the 3rd season next Sunday. I'm trying to stay away from all the spoilers. But it has been very tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom