• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chuck versus the NeoGAF - The Official Season 3 Thread - Mondays on NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
After the rollercoaster of following the ratings last year it's great that we've made it to here!

Cornballer said:
2dgj8ex.jpg

Still one of the best gifs ever.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Currently (as in right this very moment) doing a marathon through the first 2 seasons with some people. Watching the 3d one now. Will probably leave the last few eps for next weekend.

As a side joke we decided to count how many times the word "trust" is said. Up to 55 with 10 eps left.

edit:
Ruined my own fun by releasing I could just ctrl + f the subtitle files and find out how many times anything is said. Turns out we missed some also.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ohhhh I just can't WAIT to watch Chuck!! danananut na nanananaaaaaa danananut na nanananaaaa

Blader

Is the first season supposed to be good? I know S2 has gotten a lot of praise, but I've been trying to work through s1 for a while now and it is...not easy...:lol

RevoDS

Blader5489 said:
Is the first season supposed to be good? I know S2 has gotten a lot of praise, but I've been trying to work through s1 for a while now and it is...not easy...:lol

The show might just not be your cup of tea. It IS good; I got hooked by the end of the Pilot episode :lol Season 2 is better and has the story evolve a lot more than the first one, but the fundamentals remain the same throughout. If you find it hard to keep going, I suggest dropping it altogether because while better, ultimately season 2 remains the same show. I'd say the only major difference between both is that it tends to go more serialized with Fulcrum plots and character development as opposed to the beginning where it tended to be more of the enemy-of-the-week.

Blader5489 said:

S2 is a more refined version of S1 with a better overarching plot. I'd say it's worth your time to watch at least a few episodes into S2, if you still aren't enjoying it by the Tom Sawyer episode, then it just isn't right for you.

I've been watching season 2 over the last couple weeks. Up to episode 19 now, so i should be caught up in time for season 3's premiere. Really enjoying the show a heap, despite the Chuck/Sarah dynamic and some of the Buy More shenanigans grating on me at times. Season 2 has definitely been a big improvement with quite a few fantastic episodes.

Casey is just too awesome and makes the show worth watching. :) Morgan, on the other hand, has me wishing he would die a painful death every time he is on screen. I can't stand anything surrounding Jeff, Morgan and Lester. They're all so completely one dimensional and unfunny to me.

Sarah and Chucks neverending relationship soap opera is cheesy and eyeroll-worthy at times, but i can't help but root for them. Such likable characters and performances.

Looking forward to watching it as it airs.

Blader5489 said:
I'm pretty meh on season 1. Season 2 is a definite improvement, but it still has all the same problems as season 1. The formula is pretty much the same, so i can't really recommend it if you feel like you're slogging through the first season.

Solo

Lester and Jeff account for roughly 90% of my lolz. Lester especially. Hes so effeminiate and passive aggressive and snarky and I just love it.

It's partly my strong aversion to the highly distracting comedic music that plays incessantly over all of their scenes. I really hate the music in this show. Sooooo many scenes would be better with none at all.

They do provide a few amusing moments, but i don't think enough to justify entire B-plots devoted to them.

Spotless Mind said:
It's partly my strong aversion to the highly distracting comedic music that plays incessantly over all of their scenes. I really hate the music in this show. Sooooo many scenes would be better with none at all.

They do provide a few amusing moments, but i don't think enough to justify entire B-plots devoted to them.
I have always thought that the music through out the series was been pretty awesome. To each his own I guess.

Nightz

All caught up now! I've never gone on an episode watching binge like this before. All 35 episodes in 6 days. :lol Definitely can't wait until next Sunday!

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Nightz said:
All caught up now! I've never gone on an episode watching binge like this before. All 35 episodes in 6 days. :lol Definitely can't wait until next Sunday!
Pfft.

I'm about to finish all 35 in 3 days. Kinda actually getting boring.

Which probably has something to do with me already seeing them all before. Many more than once.

edit:
Also anyone else already using this?
23i6v44.gif

Wads

Banned
Cannot wait!!! Going to rewatch S1 + S2 as soon as my S2 blu ships! This is by far my favorite show right now... must keep it on the air!!!

Great. So apparently Fox is not only moving House up to the 11th, but they are airing Fringe on a "special night" on the 11th as well. Is Fox really that frightened of Chuck? Should we call the opening two nights "Chuck versus the Fox" or "Chuck versus the News Corp."

Wads

Banned
PhoncipleBone said:
Great. So apparently Fox is not only moving House up to the 11th, but they are airing Fringe on a "special night" on the 11th as well. Is Fox really that frightened of Chuck? Should we call the opening two nights "Chuck versus the Fox" or "Chuck versus the News Corp."

I hate Fox more and more everyday. If it wasn't for House, Glee, and Dollhouse I wouldn't watch that channel at all. Of course, by canceling Dollhouse they've officially given me one less reason to watch. I'll DVR House and watch Chuck (also DVR it) so I can play it later (to get dvr view).

cluto

YYYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

And yeah, don't use this avatar, guys. They will ban your face off.

x5cjkg.gif

Raxus

Can't wait, going to buy a subway footlong in honor of the premiere. I suggest you all do the same.

Aladuf

Banned
Raxus said:
Can't wait, going to buy a subway footlong in honor of the premiere. I suggest you all do the same.
I'll definitely be buying some Subway for the premiere, it feels like the perfect way to celebrate season 3 starting and actually happening.

Went to my DVR last night to make sure Chuck was on the line-up and was happy to see that it was already on the list to be recorded next week.

I'm so ready for my favorite show to return! :) Looks like I'll be having Subway for dinner next Monday! :D

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Oh man. I was just watching one of those promos and the part where Chuck pushes someone into the wall and then shoots 3 people?

The person he pushes is Awesome. I wonder if it's gonna be a pretty early move to bring him in on things.

Also, i don't know how you guys can whore out for Subway. You got what you wanted from them as far as marketing goes. Now we can all come to our senses and realize that Subway sucks ass and go to Jimmy John's or Potbelly or whatever. (This hostility may be due in part that I've been sick for a week now because of the stupid Subway next to my work. I'm back off the Subway bandwagon.)

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Captain Blood said:
Where is the gif of lester and morgan cheering??

I gotcha covered

2vblk48-1.gif

I think I might re-watch some Chuck episodes as well. It's been a really long time since I saw the season 2 finale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom