• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clarkson's Farm

winjer

Gold Member
Anyway....

Before this thread got derailed, I just came here to say I saw the first episode and had fun.
Not a lot of jokes, but very enjoyable. And quite informative about the difficulties farmers have i their business.

Dr.Morris79

I'm sure he's lovely to speak to - you can tell by the way he talks on TV that you could sit down and have a very enjoyable cuppa talking cars or farms. Plenty of people with nasty intolerant and hateful views can be. One doesn't negate the other.
Ah, okay. Upon reading a bit further into the thread I can see your sources. Carry on.

winjer

Gold Member
The moment when Gerald was explaining to Clarkson, how to trim the bushes, using the radio, while Kaleb just laughs, was priceless.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
When I was younger, controversy was king. Howard Stern, Marilyn Manson, South Park, etc. If something isn't chaffing the masses, we aren't really challenging ourselves. It's weird to be watching the death of satire happen in real time as well.

Anyway, definitely looking forward to watching series 2. I wish there was an American one that focused on small farmers. Sadly, there's much more industrial set-ups these days. Not as interesting to watch self-driving equipment tend to mass acres of wheat, corn, and soybeans.

AJUMP23

When I was younger, controversy was king. Howard Stern, Marilyn Manson, South Park, etc. If something isn't chaffing the masses, we aren't really challenging ourselves. It's weird to be watching the death of satire happen in real time as well.

Anyway, definitely looking forward to watching series 2. I wish there was an American one that focused on small farmers. Sadly, there's much more industrial set-ups these days. Not as interesting to watch self-driving equipment tend to mass acres of wheat, corn, and soybeans.
I can take you out to friends rural Tabaco farm in Kentucky. Everything is still hand labor in Tabaco.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I can take you out to friends rural Tabaco farm in Kentucky. Everything is still hand labor in Tabaco.
That would actually be cool as hell. I know a lot of small midwest farmers in my area (thanks farmersonly.com!). My wife is an avid gardener so I get some exposure to videos and, of course, the work she does. But I've never seen a tobacco farm.

Tams

Just finished season 2 up.

Fantastic stuff and, yes, the ending was great. I can't really say if one season is better than another, as it's all good stuff. Anyway, season 3 is confirmed, so another year's wait here we go!

You can tell he really does care about and respects the farm and those he works with. And you can see that they've grown to respect him because of that.

Kaleb did come across as a little hard done by the wild flower message, as the helicopter flight was partially to rub that in. But then again, he'd spent most of it critiquing others' farm work so...

Last edited:

AJUMP23

My son and I finished it up today and it was wonderful.

Kaleb saying he would use nipple balm on his lips and Charlie letting him know he changed.

I really hope they stick it to the council. Just such a fun heartwarming show.

Ammogeddon

Finished S2 yesterday, great show. Looking forward to S3.

The West Oxfordshire District Council blatantly have it out for him. I know he’s a divisive character but they’re taking it too far, it’s ridiculous.

What makes it funnier is that there’s a massive travellers site next door to the farm shop called the Beeches which is well known locally for criminality. The council are too scared to go on there and let them do what they like.

Fools idol

Banned
that huge field, and he still manages to hit the only fucking thing in it with his tractor LOL.

Unbelievably bad luck / hilarious. Also today I learned that farming equipment is ABSURDLY expensive. What in the fuck.

Last edited:

Brucey

that huge field, and he still manages to hit the only fucking thing in it with his tractor LOL.

Unbelievably bad luck / hilarious. Also today I learned that farming equipment is ABSURDLY expensive. What in the fuck.
When Debbie downer shows up and goes oh yeah that's a demo we are borrowing lol

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Last edited:
Love this show.
I will say I can't stand the council.....BUT! I moved into the country for that reason, to get away from people. If a major celeb opened a massive farm across from my house and then traffic then clogged up the roads and people parking all along the road, I would be pissed to. So the council sucks, but I totally get it as well.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Love this show.
I will say I can't stand the council.....BUT! I moved into the country for that reason, to get away from people. If a major celeb opened a massive farm across from my house and then traffic then clogged up the roads and people parking all along the road, I would be pissed to. So the council sucks, but I totally get it as well.

Droxcy

I just finished it man it was super solid and packed to the brim with comedy and actual issues he's trying to solve and fix for the people around him. Really hope he takes that council down and gets everything he wants sad thing about UK is its dated processes and older generation holding everything back like many other countries.

Brucey

Super sad that he was basically denied because apparently a few decided that "dark skies" was a valid reason for denial when it was the bloody police that had requested more lighting for security. Fuck that council right in the eye!

winjer

Gold Member
Clarkson's shop and restaurant could be a major boon for the local economy. Especially at a time when so many farmers are in tough spot.
To think that Council is willing to sacrifice the people and local economy for some "dark skies" and less busy roads.

Tams

I just finished it man it was super solid and packed to the brim with comedy and actual issues he's trying to solve and fix for the people around him. Really hope he takes that council down and gets everything he wants sad thing about UK is its dated processes and older generation holding everything back like many other countries.

Worth bearing in mind that Clarkson himself is no spring chicken and that one of the two councillors on the planning committee who voted for the restaurant's approval was an oldie.

Spaceman292

Banned
I'm sure he's lovely to speak to - you can tell by the way he talks on TV that you could sit down and have a very enjoyable cuppa talking cars or farms. Plenty of people with nasty intolerant and hateful views can be. One doesn't negate the other.
Is that you, Meghan?

H4ze

Finished season 2 yesterday and it makes me so sad, I could easily watch 20 more episodes. It's just that good.

Ammogeddon

As ridiculous as it sounds I draw a comparison between Clarkson’s Farm and Hogwarts Legacy.

Both are created by “controversial” people who are often vilified by the media and Twitterati. In spite of this their creations actually do pretty well. Out in the real world where, where I do sometimes spend my life, I only ever hear positive reactions.

I hope the people that sign off on stuff like this take note and have the balls to weather any hyped up storm they face because it’s all smoke and mirrors.

I’m glad they’re continuing with a season 3 and I hope there will be more if Jeremy and the team choose to do so.

Only one episode left for me in season 1. Man 2 months of non stop raining is insane, I knew England had a lot of rain but 2 months? I also live in a rural area surrounded by farms here and know about their problems but this show is giving me another look at their work, unbelievable

As ridiculous as it sounds I draw a comparison between Clarkson’s Farm and Hogwarts Legacy.

Both are created by “controversial” people who are often vilified by the media and Twitterati. In spite of this their creations actually do pretty well. Out in the real world where, where I do sometimes spend my life, I only ever hear positive reactions.

I hope the people that sign off on stuff like this take note and have the balls to weather any hyped up storm they face because it’s all smoke and mirrors.

I’m glad they’re continuing with a season 3 and I hope there will be more if Jeremy and the team choose to do so.
Didn't know who Jeremy was before this show besides being a car guy. So he is vilified because he ain't a crazy Greta supporter?

Kenpachii

Didn't know who Jeremy was before this show besides being a car guy. So he is vilified because he ain't a crazy Greta supporter?

He makes a lot of remarks that are on the edge. Also he hit a person on top gear cast at one point where he got fired for.

I think his last comment about harry's wife ( prince ), made him get fired from amazon. Which is kinda sad as clarkson farm is great, i do think there is a S3 in the works tho still before he gets booted.

Last edited:

Tams

Only one episode left for me in season 1. Man 2 months of non stop raining is insane, I knew England had a lot of rain but 2 months? I also live in a rural area surrounded by farms here and know about their problems but this show is giving me another look at their work, unbelievable
It's not usually rain for two months non-stop, but certainly frequently enough to not allow stuff to dry out properly.

A bit, but he's said some edgy stuff. 'Look, there's a slope on the bridge!' type stuff. Nothing too bad.

And hit two people: one a member of the Top Gear crew (that really the full apology and some compensation should have solved but didn't) and Piers Morgan who frankly deserved it.

Top Bottom