• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Class of Heroes 2 Physical Release [UMD+PSN for $36] order forms up, min-2500 units

matmanx1

Off the top of my head (might forget a few)...

1. Appraisal system is GONE.
2. Less level grinding
3. Party money is pooled instead of that crappy discrete money system
4. None of that confusing, annoying multi-random dungeon entrance stuff. Every labyrinth's entrances and exits stay the same.
5. Class is tied to races
6. Main story arc is more engaging
7. Graphics are a bit better
8. Indoor and outdoor labyrinths (1 is quite claustrophobic)
9. Alchemy instructor is much sexier

Basically, they took almost everything there was to hate about CoH1 (there was a lot) and removed or improved it. As a result, CoH2 is a much more enjoyable experience.

CoH2 gives you a bonus if you import your CoH1 save at the beginning, but I wouldn't recommend playing CoH1 if you haven't. It's just too abusive and might turn you off of CoH2 before you even start.

Item number 1 already makes COH 2 a better game than the first one. That was one feature I could have lived without as it was quite tedious. Thanks for the list. All of this stuff looks pretty good!

cj_iwakura

Ha! I can't throw those stones. Might be necessary for us to do something similar to get some of the PSP RPGs over we're talking about. Last resort, but still.

I'm of the opinion that I'll always take that over not getting the game at all. It was still a dang shame in Growlanser IV's case.

urfe

If vinyl can make a comeback in music after 25 years, why even let physical die at all? Skip that step and keep physical game releases alive as an option for the collectors/archivists of our video game heritage.

I worded what I wanted to say weirdly. I'm all for physical releases being out there, but currently I'm selling off most of my physical copies, and buying only digital.... except for this (and potential future WD style special editions)

Teknoman

Wishful thinking, but it would be nice if Capcom could be convinced to do something similar with Last Ranker, or some sort of publisher partnership.

zulux21

Wow. I knew it would happen at some point, but this is really soon.
a little to soon most likely, as the seller is required to ship a preorder with in 30 days of receiving payment :p

but yeah, honestly I am curious what the price of these will end up at. It would be fun to say that I own a non limited edition game worth over $100, and I got to support an awesome guy by buying it :p

vireland

a little to soon most likely, as the seller is required to ship a preorder with in 30 days of receiving payment :p

but yeah, honestly I am curious what the price of these will end up at. It would be fun to say that I own a non limited edition game worth over $100, and I got to support an awesome guy by buying it :p

Well, and the silly part is anyone doing a smidge of research can still get in on the presale at less than half the price just by doing a little google searching.

Got the Digital voucher.

So Vita away! Physical copy will probably just sit sealed, but PHYSICAL!

Vic, any hints on what your next classic will be? Even just a platform (PS2 classic or PSX classic) would set off a firestorm of speculation.

Got the Digital voucher.

Vic, any hints on what your next classic will be? Even just a platform (PS2 classic or PSX classic) would set off a firestorm of speculation.

I got my "Electronic Reservation Voucher Code"...no game code yet for me. Unless that is what you were referring to?

I just got a shipping confirmation for both physical copies (KS and the regular version) of the game. It seems a little early to be getting these I thought it would take a couple of weeks. Is this just an automated email response or are we getting the physical games next week?

One of each what? There is only one item being offered. A bundle of both physical and digital copy of the game.

That said, just placed my order. Can't afford not to take this deal.
If they were kickstarter contributors they had a choice between the kickstarter version and the regular. Or both. Each featuring different art.

zulux21

Well, and the silly part is anyone doing a smidge of research can still get in on the presale at less than half the price just by doing a little google searching.

True enough but there are plenty of stupid/lazy people out there. When the WiiU launched it was pretty easy to hit a few stores and find one, yet it was still commonly selling for a $100 mark up.

Anyways how are sales going last I heard was 1800 at 7pm last night?

Also it's rather interesting how many people seem to want the kickstarter version who didn't support the kickstarter, though even if they had I doubt the kickstarter would have made it, as even if there was 3k extra people wanting the physical deluxe version that is still only 177k which isn't enough to have made the kickstarter reach it's goal.

khaaan

True enough but there are plenty of stupid/lazy people out there. When the WiiU launched it was pretty easy to hit a few stores and find one, yet it was still commonly selling for a $100 mark up.

Also it's rather interesting how many people seem to want the kickstarter version who didn't support the kickstarter, though even if they had I doubt the kickstarter would have made it, as even if there was 3k extra people wanting the physical deluxe version that is still only 177k which isn't enough to have made the kickstarter reach it's goal.

I didn't even know there was a kickstarted D:

Ah well, frustrating but the non-kickstarter is still worth it.

kswiston

I decided to break my digital only rule for PSP and purchase a copy to show my support. I figure I'll play the digital version, and if I dislike the game, I shouldn't have much of an issue recuperating the extra $16 I had to spend on the physical version to ship it to Canada.

I hope you find success with this and future projects Vic. I was a huge supporter of Working Designs during the Saturn/PS1 era. Most of the Saturn games I held onto after I pared down my collection were your games. (I still need to track down a replacement copy of Iron Storm one of these days though...)

I figure that's the case with most people. Ideally this will build up a fanbase and class of heroes 3/ vic's future games have an easier time clearing hurdles

Here's hoping, but also, the pricing for the KS wasn't the greatest, and the goal was just completely unrealistic. $100,000 and $24/digital $37/both...that I could have seen happening.

vireland

It's almost 1900 this Morning. Seems to be chugging along at about 100-125 a day now, which is fine. We'll still hit the 2500 threshold by the 8th at that rate.

Did find out some interesting things last night when the vouchers went out. Apparently Virginia Tech has blacklisted gaijinworks.com, so a number of orders with email at vt.edu bounced. Still trying to figure out what that's all about.

vireland

Here's hoping, but also, the pricing for the KS wasn't the greatest, and the goal was just completely unrealistic. $100,000 and $24/digital $37/both...that I could have seen happening.

But at that point it wouldn't have been a deluxe pack. At the price we're doing for the P+D version there's no room for anything deluxe.

vireland

Got the Digital voucher.

I said in some other thread if all goes well, the next two should be PSOne RPGs for PSN probably after E3.

zulux21

I think his ambitions for the kickstarter were great, a limited physical edition built like that would have been awesome and thus why the price was so high because it wouldn't be cheap., though trying to do both improve the digital version and make the physical version happen was perhaps not the best idea in hindsight (just made it hard for people who wanted to improve the localization and get something out of it, but didn't want physical goods). Beyond that such a big goal for the second game in a series that the first was mediocre at best was indeed hopeful dreaming. Ideally if he can build up a fan base it won't be such a bigdream in the future though.

Also ideally sony opens up their policies a bit more and starts making it easier for people running kickstarters to include stuff like a code for the digital version as one of the goals. Nintendo seems to have opened that up a bit as we are seeing wiiu stretch goals on kickstarter a lot, but sony doesn't seem to be quite as open right now, which if that changed it would likely become easier for people wanting to kickstart stuff like vita/psp localizations.

It's almost 1900 this Morning. Seems to be chugging along at about 100-125 a day now, which is fine. We'll still hit the 2500 threshold by the 8th at that rate.

Did find out some interesting things last night when the vouchers went out. Apparently Virginia Tech has blacklisted gaijinworks.com, so a number of orders with email at vt.edu bounced. Still trying to figure out what that's all about.

The sales sound good, hopefully things continue to go well and your fanbase grows so your future projects can work with a little less effort/work

and that is weird that a school has you blacklisted.

also with the vouchers that are being handed out if someone got
2M6xa.png
are they for sure getting the KS version, or is there still a chance your double check system could keep them from getting it? I'm not to worried as I both contacted you about it already and emailed like you told me to, but it would be nice to know in general.

But at that point it wouldn't have been a deluxe pack. At the price we're doing for the P+D version there's no room for anything deluxe.

Sorry, I totally forgot to finish that sentence/thought. I understand the idea was to do X number of deluxe editions, but the lack of digital only/non-deluxe is what I feel would have deterred me from supporting the campaign had I found it sooner. I was looking through the page earlier today and the lowest price was $59 I believe?

Don't get me wrong, I love that you guys are doing this, but that is a high buy-in for a physical copy of a game for a system like the PSP (rather old now). Here's hoping for future successes.

vireland

I just got a shipping confirmation for both physical copies (KS and the regular version) of the game. It seems a little early to be getting these I thought it would take a couple of weeks. Is this just an automated email response or are we getting the physical games next week?

That was the amazon notice. You should have received an email with the electronic reservation voucher (that's what "shipped") from gaijinworks last night. If you didn't, yours may be in the second batch or e-voucher notices (out of sync with Amazon) or may have bounced. We had 9 emails come back with various issues and we're working those out to get the people their e-voucher and make sure their emails WORK for when the digital download codes are sent out.

vireland

Sorry, I totally forgot to finish that sentence/thought. I understand the idea was to do X number of deluxe editions, but the lack of digital only/non-deluxe is what I feel would have deterred me from supporting the campaign had I found it sooner. I was looking through the page earlier today and the lowest price was $59 I believe?

Don't get me wrong, I love that you guys are doing this, but that is a high buy-in for a physical copy of a game for a system like the PSP (rather old now). Here's hoping for future successes.

It was an all-or-nothing thing to do a deluxe pack. We couldn't offer regular versions because we needed X number of Deluxe Packs to have the volume necessary to hit the quantity pricing on the components in the pack. Live and learn situation with the PSP for deluxe packs.

It was an all-or-nothing thing to do a deluxe pack. We couldn't offer regular versions because we needed X number of Deluxe Packs to have the volume necessary to hit the quantity pricing on the components in the pack. Live and learn situation with the PSP for deluxe packs.

I assumed it was an "all or nothing" situation to hit a certain quantity. I really appreciate the transparency between you and the fans, it goes a long way to building up trust in a company AND interest in their product(s).

zulux21

I assumed it was an "all or nothing" situation to hit a certain quantity. I really appreciate the transparency between you and the fans, it goes a long way to building up trust in a company AND interest in their product(s).
I also love transparency from a game company. I'd much rather they just tell me like it is instead of trying to smooth talk their way out of it, as there is no way for a game company to anger me faster than to lie to me about stuff, even if it's just tiny little PR white lies.

Of course in general I am typically a big fan of any company that is trying to bring over overlooked japanese games for likely nothing more than a small profit. I tend to be a lot more open with my wallet for companies like that ^^

vireland

...and that is weird that a school has you blacklisted.

also with the vouchers that are being handed out if someone got
are they for sure getting the KS version, or is there still a chance your double check system could keep them from getting it? I'm not to worried as I both contacted you about it already and emailed like you told me to, but it would be nice to know in general.

If you got the e-voucher for a KS version you're 99% good. There's a small chance we could find out something unsavory went down (roughing up your aging parents, cutting off a grandma on the road, selling the game on ebay already when there's no chance you'll ship in 30 days 'cause the physical version won't be shipped yet, or somehow gaming the KS check system) and we'd have to do something, but that's unlikely. Seems like most people are going out of their way to play fair with our slightly obtuse KS verifications, which is nice.

Young Magus

Yo Vic I ran into a problem:

I realized that the address I used for the shipping is my on-campus one. Problem is that I will be at my home when the copies go out. If possible can I work something out to change the address to the order or am I screwed?

vireland

Yo Vic I ran into a problem:

I realized that the address I used for the shipping is my on-campus one. Problem is that I will be at my home when the copies go out. If possible can I work something out to change the address to the order or am I screwed?

We had one other like this already we're working on. Email your info to webmaster@gaijinworks.com and we'll see what we can do to work it out.

That was the amazon notice. You should have received an email with the electronic reservation voucher (that's what "shipped") from gaijinworks last night. If you didn't, yours may be in the second batch or e-voucher notices (out of sync with Amazon) or may have bounced. We had 9 emails come back with various issues and we're working those out to get the people their e-voucher and make sure their emails WORK for when the digital download codes are sent out.

Okay that makes sense. I got the electronic voucher prior to the Amazon shipping notice and thought that the two were separate items

zulux21

If you got the e-voucher for a KS version you're 99% good. There's a small chance we could find out something unsavory went down (roughing up your aging parents, cutting off a grandma on the road, selling the game on ebay already when there's no chance you'll ship in 30 days 'cause the physical version won't be shipped yet, or somehow gaming the KS check system) and we'd have to do something, but that's unlikely. Seems like most people are going out of their way to play fair with our slightly obtuse KS verifications, which is nice.
So you are saying that I shouldn't sucker punch my mom while I am cutting her off (she is a grandmother) while using my phone to sell class of heroes on ebay eh? That seems like solid advice in general, as one shouldn't post on ebay and drive anyways :p

also I am glad to hear you aren't finding to many people trying to game the system. I know I haven't seen the kickstarter preorder linked on slickdeals or CAG at all so I imagine if there is any gaming of the system it would just be a friend sending it to another friend.

So random question. You have mentioned that if this one goes well that you will likely try to do a physical version for class of heroes 3 as well. Are you planning on doing anything special for that one, like perhaps people who bought class of heroes 2 are eligible for a special version, or have you not even thought that far ahead yet (which would be totally understandable)

vireland

So you are saying that I shouldn't sucker punch my mom while I am cutting her off (she is a grandmother) while using my phone to sell class of heroes on ebay eh? That seems like solid advice in general, as one shouldn't post on ebay and drive anyways :p

Exactly, golden rule stuff.

also I am glad to hear you aren't finding to many people trying to game the system. I know I haven't seen the kickstarter preorder linked on slickdeals or CAG at all so I imagine if there is any gaming of the system it would just be a friend sending it to another friend.

There's quite a bit of one KS supporter buying 1 or 2 copies for friends and having it shipped to them, but I'm fine with that. If you have a friend who was a KS supporter and will do that for you, they must be a good person. As a KS supporter, that person has the means and the right, as long as they're not abusing it with dozens or hundreds of copies.

So random question. You have mentioned that if this one goes well that you will likely try to do a physical version for class of heroes 3 as well. Are you planning on doing anything special for that one, like perhaps people who bought class of heroes 2 are eligible for a special version, or have you not even thought that far ahead yet (which would be totally understandable)

Ugh. Too soon. TOO SOOOON. Let's get through this one first!

zulux21

Ugh. Too soon. TOO SOOOON. Let's get through this one first!

That's kind of what I figured your mind set would be as you have been dealing with COH2 for at least 2 months non stop now. it must feel good for your preorders to be doing about what you expected though.

vireland

That's kind of what I figured your mind set would be as you have been dealing with COH2 for at least 2 months non stop now. it must feel good for your preorders to be doing about what you expected though.

Yeah, I know the CoH3 is out there, and if we get the continued support, we're committed to making the whole series happen here, but I don't want to deal with the nuts and bolts of a physical+digital offering for that until we successfully manage the CoH2 one. We also are still working on getting the digital release set up for Europe with PEGI ratings, etc, so we're not quite home-free anyway.

It is nice that the presales seem to be tracking to a 2500-2700 finish, because if they didn't the difference was coming out of my pocket. John's thing with MonkeyPaw is digital distribution. This combo release was my crazy idea and therefore my responsibility - I was just fortunate that he went along with it. :)

I placed my order yesterday. I've only received the automatic confirmation mail from Amazon Payments. When is one supposed to get this Voucher Code mail people are talking about?

vireland

I placed my order yesterday. I've only received the automatic confirmation mail from Amazon Payments. When is one supposed to get this Voucher Code mail people are talking about?

We should be caught up today or tomorrow. Generally takes 1-3 days to get the "ship" notice on the voucher and get the separate email with the E-voucher code that reserves your set.

Top Bottom