• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Class of Heroes 2 Physical Release [UMD+PSN for $36] order forms up, min-2500 units

We should be caught up today or tomorrow. Generally takes 1-3 days to get the "ship" notice on the voucher and get the separate email with the E-voucher code that reserves your set.

Great! I was worried something was wrong with my mail. Thanks for the answer, Vic!

I'm a little confused as to what I'm supposed to do with the code I got in the email today. I use it when I get the game...? For what exactly?

Palantir

Banned
Vic, you contributed a great deal to my childhood and teenage years being awesome. Very happy to support this project..can't wait to see what comes next!
Is the manual for this going to have a "Translation Notes" section?

When it released on PSN, you use it to download the game.
I don't think so.

From the email:

This email contains your Electronic Reservation Voucher code

for the Class of Heroes 2 physical+digital bundle you ordered

from Amazon checkout (Order# xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx). Each order

placed is assigned one Electronic Reservation Voucher code.

This is DIFFERENT than the code you'll get later via email to

download the game from PSN.
This Reservation Voucher reserves

you a physical copy of Class of Heroes 2, as well as a digital

download code. These will be automatically sent to you via

mail (physical copy) and email (digital copy) as soon as they

are available to us from Sony and on the PSN Store.

This code just sounds like a proof of purchase or something.

vireland

I'm a little confused as to what I'm supposed to do with the code I got in the email today. I use it when I get the game...? For what exactly?

Nothing unless there's a problem. It's essentially an electronic version of a ticket. Everything will be sent automatically. You'll only need to reference the code after the fact if there's a problem with delivery of the digital or physical version to you.

vireland

Vic, you contributed a great deal to my childhood and teenage years being awesome. Very happy to support this project..can't wait to see what comes next!
Is the manual for this going to have a "Translation Notes" section?

Thanks for the support, and there is a Translation Notes page in the manual. How could I leave THAT out?

vireland

I'm of the opinion that I'll always take that over not getting the game at all. It was still a dang shame in Growlanser IV's case.

Absolutely agree, and in the case of that title, I can't imagine there wasn't enough of a fanbase to generate the sales that would pay to have it voice-acted. No idea what they actually sold, but I'm estimating that they could have done voice work for the whole thing for probably what amortized to about $1/unit. If I had done that title, I would have gone for it. The game deserved it, and it wasn't an unknown new series to the US.

Peagles

Because of the international shipping debacle I'm getting a very kind gaffer to do my order for me. I'm ordering one more than I pledged, but not under the original details I gave since I can't afford an extra $12 per copy I'm ordering. If you find there's some international people who pledged but aren't buying, they could be in the same boat.

Y'know if that like, matters for follow-through statistics or something.

This has probably been asked before, but for those of us who are ordering more than one physical copy are we going to get more than one online redemption code for the digital version of the game?

cj_iwakura

Absolutely agree, and in the case of that title, I can't imagine there wasn't enough of a fanbase to generate the sales that would pay to have it voice-acted. No idea what they actually sold, but I'm estimating that they could have done voice work for the whole thing for probably what amortized to about $1/unit. If I had done that title, I would have gone for it. The game deserved it, and it wasn't an unknown new series to the US.

But removing the voice work entirely?

vireland

But removing the voice work entirely?

That's what I'm saying. In the specific case of Growlanser, there's enough of a fanbase to do all the voice work and gamble, but at the VERY least, do some spot voice work. It's a known series with a moderate fanbase, so the gamble isn't that huge. Respect the fans a little.

vireland

When's the last day or this, Vic?

I get paid on Friday.

The 8th is when it's scheduled to end, but it might be extended to the 10th if we're not at least at the 2500 threshold (the poll went over with 2700 "would buy" votes). We're at 2050 at the moment with 3 days to go. Weekends are a dead zone, but before we were doing about 125/day once the initial burst settled down, so it will be close.

vireland

Put my order in and was just wondering what I would need to do if I had to change my shipping address at a later date?

Hopefully it doesn't happen, but if you need to, PM me on the gaijinworks message board (www.gaijinworks.com/interact) and we'll verify the change and get it worked out. The confirmation email with the e-voucher you'll get after the Amazon shipment notice will have the shipping address in it.

However, having the right addresses in at order time is best, because it really saves time on our end verifying the changes, etc.

Thanks for your support!

Darrcyphfeid

Neo Member
Oh dear, I almost forgot to put my order in. Good to go now!

I'm still not sure how interested in the game I actually am, but I definitely want to see this sort of thing succeed and spread. Plus, y'know, Working Designs. Gotta show some support there.

Scott

Add another copy sold (regular version). :)

Is anybody in here willing to snag the Kickstarter variant for me? I'm still annoyed at myself for missing that initiative last year... *sigh* I thought I had found somebody willing, but I can't justify paying over double the cost for one, right now.

Anybody? It'd make for another happy RPG collector, some extra cash for your trouble, and most importantly, +1 sale to Vic! :)

Teknoman

Hopefully I get my E-reservation voucher email later today/tomorrow. So far all i've got is the Amazon payments with the "Your order with Gaijinworks has shipped" back on the third (ordered on 4/29)".

I guess nothing will show up on the actual amazon payments website until the physical game ships?

vireland

Hopefully I get my E-reservation voucher email later today/tomorrow. So far all i've got is the Amazon payments with the "Your order with Gaijinworks has shipped" back on the third (ordered on 4/29)".

I guess nothing will show up on the actual amazon payments website until the physical game ships?

You should have received the e-reservation voucher if the Amazon system said it shipped. PM me your email and I'll see if it was one of the handful that bounced (there's like 9 we've been trying to track down the correct emails that bounced.)

This game wasn't even on my radar let alone a PSP release. I watched some youtube videos, became intrigued, so what the hell, I support this, so ordered.

Teknoman

You should have received the e-reservation voucher if the Amazon system said it shipped. PM me your email and I'll see if it was one of the handful that bounced (there's like 9 we've been trying to track down the correct emails that bounced.)

Gotcha, done.

vireland

This game wasn't even on my radar let alone a PSP release. I watched some youtube videos, became intrigued, so what the hell, I support this, so ordered.

Thanks for the order and support. Hopefully we hook you and make another fan!

And for anyone else curious, there are three youtube videos of the English version on the gaijinworks.com main page that summarize three different areas of gameplay (the last one is an event battle).

R-User!

Wasn't on mine either, but I too, like a prior poster, will most likely be at another address (moving end of May), and I'm wary of using my current one.

When will the physical copy ship in the US at the earliest? If I put the order in today, what would be the fastest I would receive the physical copy? If it is mid to late June that it would ship, or that I would receive it no earlier than June 15th, then I should be "safe". If there is a chance that it would be sent out late may, than I might not be able to pick it up at the right address... :/

Also, I still have my copy of Working Designs excellent Deluxe Edition of Lunar Silver Star Story: Conplete stored away in one of my Case Logic CD totes. I really cherish that game, and I will support this game with the holes that one day you get to make, at the very least, One More Deluxe Edition like the days of old!

vireland

Wasn't on mine either, but I too, like a prior poster, will most likely be at another address (moving end of May), and I'm wary of using my current one.

When will the physical copy ship in the US at the earliest? If I put the order in today, what would be the fastest I would receive the physical copy? If it is mid to late June that it would ship, or that I would receive it no earlier than June 15th, then I should be "safe". If there is a chance that it would be sent out late may, than I might not be able to pick it up at the right address... :/

Also, I still have my copy of Working Designs excellent Deluxe Edition of Lunar Silver Star Story: Conplete stored away in one of my Case Logic CD totes. I really cherish that game, and I will support this game with the holes that one day you get to make, at the very least, One More Deluxe Edition like the days of old!

The physical part is very unlikely to ship out before the 15th of June. Digital release and digital download code emails for that should be around the end of May, and the physical 2-4 weeks later. We should have an actual production schedule soon.

R-User!

The physical part is very unlikely to ship out before the 15th of June. Digital release and digital download code emails for that should be around the end of May, and the physical 2-4 weeks later. We should have an actual production schedule soon.

New address it is!!!

R-User!

What will the expiration dates on the digital download code be?! Assuming there are any...

Might wait until I can get a vita on the cheap and install it to the vita instead of the psp... Or can you install it to both?

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
What will the expiration dates on the digital download code be?! Assuming there are any...

Might wait until I can get a vita on the cheap and install it to the vita instead of the psp... Or can you install it to both?
You can put it on both/either.

I'm assuming you're in North America? (Not sure if the URL is different for everyone else...)
But if you're worried about expiration dates and don't have access to a console, you can just redeem the code via the web and download it whenever.

vireland

The expiration dates on the codes will be YEARS out. I think it was something like 2020 or something, but I'll also post the exact year once we have the codes in hand and the expiration is set in stone.

Short version, they'll be good for a long time.

vireland

Can you say if you hit your 2500 minimum yet?

We put a sales gauge on the main page at gaijinworks.com, like we did when we were gauging interest in who would do it if we offered the physical+digital deal.

The gauge isn't real-time, but it's updated within an hour or two of crossing the next 100. Currently we're over 2200.

cyborg009

Banned
We put a sales gauge on the main page at gaijinworks.com, like we did when we were gauging interest in who would do it if we offered the physical+digital deal.

The gauge isn't real-time, but it's updated within an hour or two of crossing the next 100. Currently we're over 2200.

I need get my order in soon weird error happened a few days ago.

Ah, didn't notice the gauge before. I ordered from the link posted in the other thread.

ringwaldhaze

Neo Member
So I'm really just posting to bump the thread, but I've just bought my copy. Had forgotten all about this so hopefully some other people see it and get a chance to order.

Looking forward to seeing what PS1 games you'll be talking about in June!

vireland

So I'm really just posting to bump the thread, but I've just bought my copy. Had forgotten all about this so hopefully some other people see it and get a chance to order.

Looking forward to seeing what PS1 games you'll be talking about in June!

I'm looking forward to people freaking out about them. Can't deny the value of a good group freak out.

Darknight

I hope the date got pushed till the weekend. Gonna buy a copy soon.

And I hope Vic gets Grand Knights History (or whatever that cool JPN only PSP game) over to US PSN. Go in like Solid Snake and snatch the rights already!! :p

vireland

I hope the date got pushed till the weekend. Gonna buy a copy soon.

And I hope Vic gets Grand Knights History (or whatever that cool JPN only PSP game) over to US PSN. Go in like Solid Snake and snatch the rights already!! :p

It was pretty clear we were only going to get in the neighborhood of 2300 by tonight, so we extended it until Sunday 11:59PM PST.

We could finish that game with our self-contained no-japanese-staff-required production line here, but even if it were possible (unlikely) poaching projects is kind of bad form when there are literally dozens of great RPGs for PSP that could be licensed. We'll concentrate on those.

Top Bottom