• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Class of Heroes 2 Physical Release [UMD+PSN for $36] order forms up, min-2500 units

Takao

Banned
LINK: http://www.gaijinworks.com/GW_presale_reg.htm

You are purchasing a digital voucher that entitles you to a physical copy of Class of Heroes 2 that includes a case with the art shown on the left, a UMD with custom art, and a game manual AS WELL AS a North America PSN (only) digital download code that will allow the game to also be downloaded from the North American PlayStation Network (aka SEN).

The game will be shipped to your address on file with Amazon. The digital download code for the game will be emailed to you at the email address on file with Amazon. ONLY the addresses on file with Amazon will be used to prevent fraud, so please double check they are correct when you check out.

The digital download code will be emailed to buyers when the game is available on PSN, and the physical version of the game will be shipped when manufacturing is complete. We expect complete fufillment of these vouchers with both physical and digital product in 4-8 weeks
, although international and long-range shipping may delay delivery for buyers outside of the Continental USA. Your credit card will be charged for this digital voucher purchase in 1-3 days. We are ordering physical+digital product to match the number of digital vouchers sold, and for that reason, please understand that there are NO REFUNDS.

CHECKOUT ONLY SUPPORTS ONE PURCHASE PER CLICK. If you want multiple copies, you need to repeat the process for each copy you want.
Price, including USA shipping: $36.99 USD

NOTE: Canada shipping $5 extra, other international addresses $10-12 extra, added at checkout

ReaperXL7

actually looking forward to this, been itching for some dungeon crawling on Vita, anyone know how it looks on Vita?

Curious to see how this is since Vic says its better than the original.

Not being able to get a EU PSN code really sucks :( But not as much as Sony limiting the Vita to one account. Ah well, still looking forward to the game.

Mugaaz

I'm really into Dungeon Crawlers, but after getting a DS and playing EO4 I've reaaaally lost taste for the Wizardry base system style games. Theyre just worse to me in every category. I'm sick of all the random stat up, rolling chars, random instant deaths, and ultra rare drop stuff. Its not hard, its archaic. Fighting a hard boss is hard, fighting bosses that uses instant death abilities randomly isn't hard, it's a chore.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Hope this works out

would love to see other PSP games brought out in a similar way. (Grand Knights History!!)

chrono01

Great idea, but the game just doesn't interest me. :(

I've never really been a fan of these style of first-person dungeon-crawlers, although I have purchased Soul Hackers [haven't played it yet, though].

I signed on back when they were trying to figure out whether to do the UMD release or not, but right now I have like zero dollars. Does anyone know how long this is going to be open?

Quixzlizx

Ordered my copy. I was too lazy to sign up for the Kickstarter because it was obviously not making it, and I have been undone by my apathy.

vireland

Meh, whatevs. Disappointing, but I'll deal. Would have rather waited though.

It was a tough decision and we tried to work it a number of different ways (hold the physical, email the digital codes, etc), but in the end all the options were hard/impossible and would would just end up hurting the timing of CoH3 and the remaining CoH titles we hope to have enough support to do. Getting past this and moving forward was the best plan, especially since we have some PSOne RPGs coming to PSN before too long.

vireland

I signed on back when they were trying to figure out whether to do the UMD release or not, but right now I have like zero dollars. Does anyone know how long this is going to be open?

Until May 8th.

There's a mountain of information at the gaijinworks forum (gaijinworks.com/interact) from questions asked all day.

vireland

Hope this works out

would love to see other PSP games brought out in a similar way. (Grand Knights History!!)

That's a big part of why I've been pushing so hard to make it happen (and it's been a slog - being the first is never fun). If WE can do it, any other publisher CAN, it's just a matter of if they want to. And we want to do more like it as well, ourselves. So, here's to (moderate) success!

vireland

I'm really into Dungeon Crawlers, but after getting a DS and playing EO4 I've reaaaally lost taste for the Wizardry base system style games. Theyre just worse to me in every category. I'm sick of all the random stat up, rolling chars, random instant deaths, and ultra rare drop stuff. Its not hard, its archaic. Fighting a hard boss is hard, fighting bosses that uses instant death abilities randomly isn't hard, it's a chore.

You should be quite pleased with Class of Heroes 2. It's far less abusive and CoH1 and other dungeon crawlers, and the characters/story is engaging enough that you want to play more.

Getting past this and moving forward was the best plan, especially since we have some PSOne RPGs coming to PSNbefore too long.

Vic, you can just consider those titles bought as well as a copy of this game (preordered this morning). No worries about what they are, I trust you, because its always in the darkest hour where hope springs eternal...

Young Magus

Ordered earlier today, kept to my word.

It was a tough decision and we tried to work it a number of different ways (hold the physical, email the digital codes, etc), but in the end all the options were hard/impossible and would would just end up hurting the timing of CoH3 and the remaining CoH titles we hope to have enough support to do. Getting past this and moving forward was the best plan, especially since we have some PSOne RPGs coming to PSN before too long.

....Go on.

Pretty disappointed that the physical release won't have the opening. I'm still gonna get it because I said I would, but if I hadn't already put my name on the list, I would of just gotten the digital release in this case.

vireland

Vic, you can just consider those titles bought as well as a copy of this game (preordered this morning). No worries about what they are, I trust you, because its always in the darkest hour where hope springs eternal...

Let's not get THOSE rumors started. It is, alas, not the LUNARs, but these upcoming are not disappointing additions to PSN in the least. Should go up around E3ish, if all goes well.

Clov

I can only hope others will follow your example, Vic.

Edit: Changed my post after realizing I already posted in this thread, and that my new post was basically the same as my old one. Wow.

phants

Anyone with Kickstarter access to this able to order me a copy of that variant? I'd have been all over the Kickstarter, had I known :<

Anyone with Kickstarter access to this able to order me a copy of that variant? I'd have been all over the Kickstarter, had I known :<

Same here. I didn't have any money at the time to support Vic's Kickstarter back then so if any KS backer can help me get a KS edition, that'll be swell. =]

ReaperXL7

Please Vic, tell me now that you could not get Suikoden 2, or Breath of Fire 3. I know both are probably not what your working on, i just dont want to get my hopes up.

Really looking forward to picking up COH 2, been wanting to pick up some dungeon crawlers and it seems stuff like Demon Gaze is still up in the air. Thanks for working on this kind of stuff for us.

larvi

I placed my order. What does min-2500 units mean? If they don't get that many the orders will be cancelled/refunded?

Crossing fingers for a Suikoden 2 announcement.

Although honestly, the game would have to be pretty bad for me to not be excited about a new PS1 RPG on the PSN whatever it is.

vireland

I placed my order. What does min-2500 units mean? If they don't get that many the orders will be cancelled/refunded?

Our minimum to make it viable was/is 2500, so we had a poll of fans that would buy it if we offered a physical+digital version. We had a bit over 2700 that said they would buy it in the poll.

At this point we're relying on the fans that said they wanted it to come through. If we didin't hit the 2500 minimum, we'd have to just eat the loss because we're not going to cancel releasing it. We're too far down the road now to disappoint the fans. However, in the first 24 hours of the actual sales, we've had over 1300 physical+digital orders, so we're at about 50% of the poll number on day one.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
It's a real shame that eleventh-hour licensing drama cast a shadow over this release and made it so that there's always going to be something missing from the physical copy.

Still ordered mine, 'cause I ain't about to let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

Our minimum to make it viable was/is 2500, so we had a poll of fans that would buy it if we offered a physical+digital version. We had a bit over 2700 that said they would buy it in the poll.

At this point we're relying on the fans that said they wanted it to come through. If we didin't hit the 2500 minimum, we'd have to just eat the loss because we're not going to cancel releasing it. We're too far down the road now to disappoint the fans. However, in the first 24 hours of the actual sales, we've had over 1300 physical+digital orders, so we're at about 50% of the poll number on day one.

Let's hope everyone who said they would order does. These kinds of initiatives should never be discouraging for people willing to take the risk.

Top Bottom