• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summon Night 5 (PSP) Physical + Digital Limited Edition Presale Live (Until Sept 7th)

Shizuka

ax2F6D6.jpg

You are purchasing a digital reservation voucher code that entitles you to a physical copy of the Summon Night 5 LE which includes:

Case with multi-sided cover insert
UMD with custom art (may be different than shown)
Full-color game manual
Giant 14"x19" poster (one of two randomly inserted shown)
Full Summon Night 5 Original Soundtrack CD (OST)
North America PSN (only) digital download code, good for free download
Serial Numbered Holographic Seal

The game will be shipped to your address on file with Amazon. The digital download code for the game will be emailed to you at the email address on file with Amazon. ONLY the addresses on file with Amazon will be used to prevent fraud, so please double check they are correct when you check out.

Your credit card will be charged for this digital reservation voucher purchase in 1-3 days, and the reservation code will be emailed to you then. We are ordering physical+digital product to match the number of digital vouchers sold, and for that reason, please understand that there are NO REFUNDS.

The digital download code will be emailed to buyers when the game is available on PSN, and the physical version of the game will be shipped when manufacturing is complete. We expect complete fufillment of these vouchers with both physical and digital product within about 8 weeks of the presale closing, although international and long-range shipping may delay delivery for buyers outside of the Continental USA. If there are delays in approval, manufacturing, or shipping, updates will be posted on the main page of gaijinworks.com.

NOTE: Total shipping Outside Continental US & US Territories $6, Canada $9, other international addresses $12-15, added at checkout. VAT and any applicable duties/import fees are applied by some international destinations and are the responsibility of the purchaser.

http://www.gaijinworks.com/SN5_presale_live.htm

Alright. :)

So but let's get the facts straight: price is $41.99.

Shipping to US is $5, to Canada it's $9 and to rest of the world it's between $12 and $15.

Edit: $6 for shipping within US apparently.

Site is getting hammered. At any case, I'll wait until later on in the night. I remember the last pre-sale Vic hosted some orders went through but were actually "virtual" ones, that didn't count as a real order.

I was able to get in and place an order - haven't played any of the other games in this series, but really like and appreciate what Vic is doing! Looking forward to the release and next game.

tauke

Finally got my order through by using my mobile internet instead of my work computer.

Shipping is USD $12 to South East Asia region.

Still trying to get the site to load on my end. I'm still anxious about this even though pre-orders will be open for most of the month...

vireland

Site is getting hammered. At any case, I'll wait until later on in the night. I remember the last pre-sale Vic hosted some orders went through but were actually "virtual" ones, that didn't count as a real order.

We did way more testing this time. These orders are golden from the start. We just weren't prepared for the huge spike in traffic that essentially locked me out of my own site. It's always something.

Orders are getting through (slowly) using the direct link:

I was on the Gaijinworks boards for a bit, but can't get the site to load at the moment. All the traffic is probably a good sign though.

We did way more testing this time. These orders are golden from the start. We just weren't prepared for the huge spike in traffic that essentially locked me out of my own site. It's always something.

Orders are getting through (slowly) using the direct link:

That is not loading for me either.

Shizuka

Nope. That's a default thing I never use. It must have been shown up from the traffic issues.

I was getting excited to read the quest from contacting Bandai Namco to the point where Summon Night 5 got licensed and now with the presale.

Az987

all good things
If I've never played any of the other games will I be lost playing this or is it not that important?

If I've never played any of the other games will I be lost playing this or is it not that important?

It's very much likely the latter. The only Summon Night games ever localized were the spinoffs. This is the first time a mainline Summon Night game has been localized for the West.

Other than that, I don't know the answer whether there's a continuation to previous entries if you have access to the Japanese releases of SN.

Sweet, finally got my order in! Very surprised with the amount of goodies the game comes with for the price, thank you so much for going all out with this release vireland.

NotMSRP

Well, we will all be lost together if that comforts you.

Still haven't receive any emails from Gaijinworks about the preorder going live. Wouldn't have known if not browsing GAF. Got Amazon payment email though.

Az987

all good things
It's very much likely the latter. The only Summon Night games ever localized were the spinoffs. This is the first time a mainline Summon Night game has been localized for the West.

Other than that, I don't know the answer whether there's a continuation to previous entries if you have access to the Japanese releases of SN.

Well, we will all be lost together if that comforts you.

Still haven't receive any emails from Gaijinworks about the preorder going live. Wouldn't have known if not browsing GAF. Got Amazon payment email though.

Ah, okay, cool. I'll put an order in later then.

Shizuka

I hope we get updates on the amount of units being sold, it'll be nice to follow it until it surpasses the previous two projects.

vireland

There is continuity with the other mainline games, but it's not so in-your-face that you're lost if you didn't play them. Lots of stuff is explained anyway, and the stuff (and cameos) from prior games can be enjoyed at face value if you're a n00b, but if you know the series, it'll have extra meaning.

Super affordable for all the awesome stuff they've packed into that box. And if the game is anywhere close to as good as the one SN game I've played (Summon Night 3), then we're all in for a Strategy/RPG treat.

vireland

Okay, got the flames mostly out and the main gaijinworks.com page finally has the purchase link (that goes to the same place of the direct link I posted earlier).

That was completely unexpected. We've never had a spike that hard, and we have the site on a pretty robust VPS. Something to prepare for before the next presale to try to minimize it.

Thanks to everyone for their patience!

Ventara

Okay, got the flames mostly out and the main gaijinworks.com page finally has the purchase link (that goes to the same place of the direct link I posted earlier).

That was completely unexpected. We've never had a spike that hard, and we have the site on a pretty robust VPS. Something to prepare for before the next presale to try to minimize it.

Thanks to everyone for their patience!

I think everyone got in before you, lol.

Anyways, I hope the pre-sale goes well. This game deserves every sale, especially with all the hard work you've put in. Thanks again, Vic!

vireland

I think everyone got in before you, lol.

Anyways, I hope the pre-sale goes well. This game deserves every sale, especially with all the hard work you've put in. Thanks again, Vic!

I was able to load the page for more than an hour, I just couldn't update it until around 7:30PST.

vireland

Wii it be cheaper if i wait for it to be available in PSN?

Slightly cheaper, but no soundtrack, no poster, no free digital download code. If all you want is the digital version, getting the physical, keeping the free download code and selling the physical is a way better deal.

Top Bottom