• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summon Night 5 (PSP) Physical + Digital Limited Edition Presale Live (Until Sept 7th)

CoH2 and 2G were WD-esque (I did the writing, after all). SN5 is the same. The overall tone is less goofy than CoH series, but the humor is still around as the scenes permit.

Cool, looking forward to it.

The deciding factor to buy was seeing the prices for CoH2 on Amazon. I prefer physical and this seems like it will be the only chance to get it at a reasonable price.

vireland

Yeah, but I was wondering when will we see the PS3 version of the game.

I understand the enthusiasm, but two games ahead is my max prognostication. PS3 CoH3(G) still requires some licensing and we have to get the second screen option in (I'm not backing off that tech, in fact, I want to put it in all the console ones we do), and, and, and...

Shizuka

That's alright, I know it's better to focus on one at a time, get the PSP version out and worry about the PS3 one afterwards. I had ditched my PS3 last year and decided to skip 2G, only to regret my decision and go for a more expensive copy from a third-party seller.

vireland

That's alright, I know it's better to focus on one at a time, get the PSP version out and worry about the PS3 one afterwards. I had ditched my PS3 last year and decided to skip 2G, only to regret my decision and go for a more expensive copy from a third-party seller.

Yeah, with new CoH2G routinely going for $80-$95 now, I can feel that pain - been there with other titles. Variant collectors for 2G will eventually make that even more expensive down the road because that reduces the pool available if they want one of each.

zulux21

From Gaijinworks twitter:

yeah I just got mine in and messaged hiim saying I would stop being lazy :p

he isn't lazy though he responded in less than a minute lol

swgzdSq.png

I just got the charge for mine, and an email saying it "shipped". I got all excited for a sec before I realized it's not even manufactured yet. Can't wait.

Assuming this does well, any chance of a similar release (text localization only etc) for 3 and 4 on psp? Or are those completely off the table due to timing and whatnot?

Ventara

Yup, got charged, too. Can't wait to get my hands on this and add it to my collection when it eventually does ship.

vireland

I just got the charge for mine, and an email saying it "shipped". I got all excited for a sec before I realized it's not even manufactured yet. Can't wait.

Assuming this does well, any chance of a similar release (text localization only etc) for 3 and 4 on psp? Or are those completely off the table due to timing and whatnot?

Anything is possible, but the sales have to be there. Summon Night 5 has a HUGE amount of text (>40,000 lines), so there has to be a reasonable payoff for that amount of work. We'll have to play it by ear, but being able to get a Summon Night here is a dream come true, and I'd love to do more. But, as usual, we just need the base to grow.

vireland

Yup, got charged, too. Can't wait to get my hands on this and add it to my collection when it eventually does ship.

You (and everyone who bought one or more) should have received an email, too, with the reservation code for the game that reserves you a copy.

Presale will go up after SN5 ships, so CoH3 is likely shipping Jan-ish.

Assuming sales are good with COH3 and you continue on with the series, do you envisage getting both Final and New out next year? Bit worried the UMD cut-off may arrive before you get round to New.

vireland

Assuming sales are good with COH3 and you continue on with the series, do you envisage getting both Final and New out next year? Bit worried the UMD cut-off may arrive before you get round to New.

We'll have to see where sales are with CoH3. The clock is definitely ticking on PSP. I think (guessing) Dec 2016 is the absolute outside of when they'll still be making UMDs, but it could come sooner.

Shizuka

And my credit card just got charged. All that's left now is to vote for the UMD variant and wait until release. I hope we get the digital code not long after the physical copy is shipped.

vireland

And my credit card just got charged. All that's left now is to vote for the UMD variant and wait until release. I hope we get the digital code not long after the physical copy is shipped.

It's actually possible you could get the digital code BEFORE the physicals ship. Just depends on how they go through approvals. Physical has a much longer lead now, so it's conceivable that digital could beat the physical. But since all the physical purchasers get a digital code, everyone can play at once if digital beats physical.

NDPsycho

Ordered! I love that you have always supported platforms on their way out. Regardless of the game, I'll continue to support your efforts wherever they may end up. Can't believe someone is still releasing UMD's.

Raggie

I'm afraid I'm going to have to pass. The cost with int. shipping is just too high for me for a game with no player impressions and reviews. I'm still on board for CoH3, I love that series.

Eusis

I'm afraid I'm going to have to pass. The cost with int. shipping is just too high for me for a game with no player impressions and reviews. I'm still on board for CoH3, I love that series.
My bigger worry is not being able to rationalize it by the end of the month. I'd like to jump in but pragmatically it could be better to hold off for now. Especially if I can't change shipping address.

Summon Night 4 has gotten a review on Siliconera, if that helps:

http://www.siliconera.com/2007/01/05/summon-night-4/

And here is sort of a preview by them of Summon Night 5:
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/31/burn-and-freeze-enemies-using-awaken-mode-in-summon-night-5/
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/1...o-help-fight-crimson-chain-in-summon-night-5/

More Summon Night 5 stories on Siliconera: http://www.siliconera.com/tag/summon-night-5/

Here is a review in French:
http://www.legendra.com/rpg/fiche-rpg_id-5807-supports_id-35.html#onglets_articles

vireland

How many disc variants are there?

The fact that I'm even talking about variants before a game launches is a change, let alone letting fans vote on preferences for them. Both are new things I'm trying to give fans even more say. The final amount, though, will remain something for the fans to suss out amongst themselves when they get theirs. Trust that it will be more than I should do for such a small run, because I'm crazy like that.

vireland

My bigger worry is not being able to rationalize it by the end of the month. I'd like to jump in but pragmatically it could be better to hold off for now. Especially if I can't change shipping address.

You'll be fine. If there's a shipping issue we can work it out.

The fact that I'm even talking about variants before a game launches is a change, let alone letting fans vote on preferences for them. Both are new things I'm trying to give fans even more say. The final amount, though, will remain something for the fans to suss out amongst themselves when they get theirs. Trust that it will be more than I should do for such a small run, because I'm crazy like that.

I guess I'll wait it out as long as possible. Need to know how many to buy lol

cj_iwakura

Vic's word that it's a great game is good enough for me, his tastes have never let me down.

Shizuka

It's a series strong enough to have five mainline entries and several other spin-offs, bought a few years back by Namco after the original developer fell through, warranting a rerelease and remake of all mainline games in Japan, with the newest entry being developed under the Namco supervision and by Fellistella, responsible for several niche but great titles.

I don't need player impressions and reviews after that.

Qwark

I don't know anything about Summon Night (or CoH), what other series is it similar to? The swag looks nice and I'd like to support this, assuming I like the game style.

Mask

Is this anything like the first two Summon Night games on GBA? I remember those being pretty cool RPG's with a neat sideways arpg fighting system.

EDIT - Nevermind, just saw the video, don't really enjoy SRPG's.

hesho

i just wish the canadian dollar wasn't tanking >< I am on the fence because i am worried about duty fees that may show up :(

NolbertoS

Damn you, GAF. I swore off buying JRPG's this month and now this pops up. I hate you and love you GAF, because chances are I would never hear of these quirky JRPGs without you. Just ordered and now await the game.

Top Bottom