• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summon Night 6 Limited Collector's Edition presales open now

Ephidel

I managed to avoid ordering the PS4 version, but my willpower has well and truly failed now the Vita WE is a reality. Ordered :)

Vita_WE_Product_Shot_800x704.png

Look at that beautiful Vita instruction manual. It literally brings a smile to my face.

Ventara

Aww snap. I had just convinced myself that I'd pass on this, using the excuse that I'd prefer the Vita version and that $200 CDN, shipping included, was the limit for what I'd spend. Now here we are with a Vita LE for $200 CDN ($150USD), shipping included. Well played, Vic. Will put in my order tonight

Now I'm tempted to order 2 actually. Can we combine shipping? Like order 2 but still pay $35 shipping?

vireland

Aww snap. I had just convinced myself that I'd pass on this, using the excuse that I'd prefer the Vita version and that $200 CDN, shipping included, was the limit for what I'd spend. Now here we are with a Vita LE for $200 CDN ($150USD), shipping included. Well played, Vic. Will put in my order tonight

Now I'm tempted to order 2 actually. Can we combine shipping? Like order 2 but still pay $35 shipping?

Thanks for the support. Seeing that you've been tempted into the collector consumerism vortex even with the terrible loonie exchange rate warms my heart.

On shipping, there's no way to combine it on this because it's just under 4lbs (in fact, that's with prototypes for the components, so I'll have to really watch weight in full manufacture) and if I go even one ounce over 4lbs, REALLY bad things happen with international shipping costs, so combining wouldn't likely save any money for us to pass along. That, plus we're charging literally what we will be paying - shipping isn't a profit center, and the boxes to ship this are pretty large already - double size is asking for trouble.

vireland

Did the original game in Japan have dlc? Wondering if this is import friendly in regards to dlc.

It has DLC, but they're more updates to the game than packs you buy. We're localizing them to be included, so I'm assuming they will be in there, too.

Ventara

Thanks for the support. Seeing that you've been tempted into the collector consumerism vortex even with the terrible loonie exchange rate warms my heart.

On shipping, there's no way to combine it on this because it's just under 4lbs (in fact, that's with prototypes for the components, so I'll have to really watch weight in full manufacture) and if I go even one ounce over 4lbs, REALLY bad things happen with international shipping costs, so combining wouldn't likely save any money for us to pass along. That, plus we're charging literally what we will be paying - shipping isn't a profit center, and the boxes to ship this are pretty large already - double size is asking for trouble.

Ah no worries. I know you've done everything you can to get this to us for as low as possible, and I appreciate it.

Clive

Nice to see you listening to the fans. Will order when we're a bit closer to the 15th of September. No chance of missing out as long as I pay before the deadlines, right? (15 September for nice price and October 31st as the final deadline)

Ventara

Thanks for the support. The artbook is indeed awesome.

Speaking of the artbook, I see it doesn't have "exclusive" in the description (same for the soundtrack). Are they available to buy somewhere? From a quick google search, I only saw the artbook that was included in the Japan LE, which only has about 100 pages.

vireland

Nice to see you listening to the fans. Will order when we're a bit closer to the 15th of September. No chance of missing out as long as I pay before the deadlines, right? (15 September for nice price and October 31st as the final deadline)

Yeah, those deadlines are hard. They won't be shortened or extended. Actually the October 31st final date is probably a little later than I should have made it because with manufacture and boat shipping time (for the plush and coasters, the art book and other pieces are being made here) it will be cutting it close to get the pieces and have everything assembled in time to insert the games in late January.

vireland

Speaking of the artbook, I see it doesn't have "exclusive" in the description (same for the soundtrack). Are they available to buy somewhere? From a quick google search, I only saw the artbook that was included in the Japan LE, which only has about 100 pages.

They counted the art book pages for Japan as the actual number of paper pages, not counting the content on each side as a page like a normal book page count (one page holds 2 pages of content, one on each side). So it's really a 200 page art book in Japan's version, but ours will be hardcover with a de-embossed cover logo. Might have some other surprises, too. Depends on how many we sell to dictate how many surprise extras I can work in.

I only left off the "exclusive" because Japan had a similar art book. Even though the NA one will be better, it seemed a stretch to call it exclusive, even if it *technically* is.

Vamphuntr

Really amazing package. Artbook looks wonderful and so does the soundtrack. Not paying 35US$ for shipping though. that's ridiculous.

vireland

Really amazing package. Artbook looks wonderful and so does the soundtrack. Not paying 35US$ for shipping though. that's ridiculous.
Nothing we can do about Canadian shipping and terrible exchange rates. The shipping we're charging is the actual amount we'll be paying for the 4lb box with a discount without factoring in our cost for the shipping box or labor to pack it. Technically we're losing money on the shipping.

Oh, and Europe/Asia/Australia shipping is even worse.

Ventara

They counted the art book pages for Japan as the actual number of paper pages, not counting the content on each side as a page like a normal book page count (one page holds 2 pages of content, one on each side). So it's really a 200 page art book in Japan's version, but ours will be hardcover with a de-embossed cover logo. Might have some other surprises, too. Depends on how many we sell to dictate how many surprise extras I can work in.

I only left off the "exclusive" because Japan had a similar art book. Even though the NA one will be better, it seemed a stretch to call it exclusive, even if it *technically* is.

Alright, cool. But there are no English version of the artbook (or soundtrack) available, correct?

Wereroku

Hey Vic weird question but are you going to have variant art for the disc or is it standard for all the ps4 versions?

vireland

Hey Vic weird question but are you going to have variant art for the disc or is it standard for all the ps4 versions?

Not for the WE versions (my masochistic streak has softened with age) - the only real variant is the plush, but the standard version of the game will have disc variants.

cj_iwakura

Not for the WE versions (my masochistic streak has softened with age) - the only real variant is the plush, but the standard version of the game will have disc variants.

That sounds even more masochistic. :p "Want disc variants? Buy the regular edition!"

vireland

That sounds even more masochistic. :p "Want disc variants? Buy the regular edition!"

Disc variants on top of plush variants would be impossible to manage, and it's an expensive set. It could easily stretch into a thousand dollars or more for a fan that wanted every variant of the WE if I went that route. I wasn't going down that road. Too crazy expensive for fans.

The standard version will have disc variants, but they'll have external indicators like what we've done with CoH2G and SN5 in the past to make it easy to get what you want (or complete sets if that's the aim).

vireland

But Vita version will have same artwork for the cart right?

It's very small, so it's hard to do a variant with impact on the Vita. We've been trying to come up with something that will work, but it's likely to not have a variant.

Is this your first "cart" release? I'm guessing with so little real estate there is no way there are variants on that.

Speaking of variants: yellow yellow yellow for my growlanser ring, hiro/Lucia/ruby, and Alex&Luna/cast of characters, I'm not sure which variant I have for arc discs BUT I had a shantae pocket watch...

Not counting the summon night 5 or class of heroes 2 variants because I'm not 100% which one I have...

Wereroku

Is this your first "cart" release? I'm guessing with so little real estate there is no way there are variants on that.

Speaking of variants: yellow yellow yellow for my growlanser ring, hiro/Lucia/ruby, and Alex&Luna/cast of characters, I'm not sure which variant I have for arc discs BUT I had a shantae pocket watch...

Not counting the summon night 5 or class of heroes 2 variants because I'm not 100% which one I have...

I believe SN5 and COH2 have letters denoting the version. Can't remember what my variants are on my games but I do remember MKR is the Fuu version which is the best one.

Edit: While you are here any chance of Cadash ever getting a release on the modern consoles since there is a TG16 emulator on most of them?

You convinced me.

I'll order it after August the 9th.

vireland

Modern cart, yes, but we did Cadash and Parasol Stars carts way back on TG-16. Hucards were small, but Vita carts take it to a whole new level (even though the Hucard actual chip was about the size of a vita one, they made a large plastic card to make it easier to hold).

Growlanser rings were a crazy amount of variants. Too many.

You can tell which variant you have of SN5 by the letter next to the product code on the spine.

vireland

I believe SN5 and COH2 have letters denoting the version. Can't remember what my variants are on my games but I do remember MKR is the Fuu version which is the best one.

Edit: While you are here any chance of Cadash ever getting a release on the modern consoles since there is a TG16 emulator on most of them?

Square/Enix owns Taito now and seems completely disinterested in licensing anything out. We've tried. I'm not giving up, but it seems like a long road before there will be any chance at progress.

Wereroku

Square/Enix owns Taito now and seems completely disinterested in licensing anything out. We've tried. I'm not giving up, but it seems like a long road before there will be any chance at progress.
That's a shame and weird. They seem fine licensing some properties to Kickstarters you would think they would be open to a simple port.

vireland

That's a shame and weird. They seem fine licensing some properties to Kickstarters you would think they would be open to a simple port.

It's really about who you know when it comes to Japanese licensing. They probably just have made better connections.

cj_iwakura

It's really about who you know when it comes to Japanese licensing. They probably just have made better connections.

I've never even heard of the guys who they licensed Fear Effect to, but I assume they take Japanese properties a lot more seriously.

Gonna be really interested in seeing how the Vita WE has done. I hope the fans put their money where their mouth is! (I'm just interested in physical Vita version myself).

Top Bottom