• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summon Night 5 (PSP) Physical + Digital Limited Edition Presale Live (Until Sept 7th)

Bowl0l

Slightly cheaper, but no soundtrack, no poster, no free digital download code. If all you want is the digital version, getting the physical, keeping the free download code and selling the physical is a way better deal.
Is it $40?
Shenmue and 2 more KS took all my money. Besides that, i only have a Vita.

Just placed an order for this. Wonder when the success baby meter will be placed on the site so we can know how much has been sold.

vireland

Is it $40?
Shenmue and 2 more KS took all my money. Besides that, i only have a Vita.

It works on the Vita using the built in PSP emulation mode, and you get that with the included download code. You can still enjoy the poster and full 37 track OST CD, or just leave all that sealed and put it in your collection as one of the last PSP games ever made, and one of the best PSP RPGs released in English. Your friends will marvel at your discerning taste on display. :)

vireland

Just placed an order for this. Wonder when the success baby meter will be placed on the site so we can know how much has been sold.

I almost put up bitter baby when we stalled out in the 4000's, but thought some people may not understand my humor. Cracked me up, but I ultimately left it off. :)

dkoy

Hey, it says on your site that it'll release in EU regions too. Are we looking at a simultaneous digital release?

vireland

Hey, it says on your site that it'll release in EU regions too. Are we looking at a simultaneous digital release?

Will not be simultaneous PSN release in EU and NA - we're still getting the hang of PEGI, but it shouldn't be that far apart.

OuterLimits

Nice. Just ordered, and can't wait to play it. Now I'm in the mood to play a SRPG. Maybe I will play Arc the Lad 2, Vanguard Bandits, FFT, or Vandal Hearts 2 again to help pass the time until this comes out.

Tamanator

Ordered!

Thanks Victor and co for making this a reality. It's such a pleasure to have the chance to play a game that I never thought I'd have the opportunity to do so.

Keep up the good work.

Shizuka

I wonder when we'll get our first update on how many copies sold so far, last night was crazy and I'm expecting this will surpass the poll in the long run.

Just curious, is this going to have premium packaging?

No, it won't. Would've made the game too pricey.

Here's what Vic said about that on the GajinWorks forums:

vireland said:
We'll get back to the boxed set bit, but one step at a time. Budget and sales volume are still major constraints. Even getting into the 20-30k unit range would really help. We'll get there, but it's a process.

Source: http://www.gaijinworks.com/interact...-Class-of-Heroes-3-Announcement-Thread/page28

vireland

Just curious, is this going to have premium packaging?

What's in the picture is what you will get. The sales volume is still too low to do a premium box yet. Getting the OST included was a priority. We'll get back to full on deluxe packs, but we need to grow the fanbase so the sales volume is up first.

nvm: read the op, bought. good thing you get both because the physical version i dont know how long was going to take for me to get it and i have a vita anyway(waiting for fam to do a trip over there in the US)

Yes, you do. One physical copy and one digital copy.

yup, i feel like i asked this same question about this game in a thread a couple of months ago

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
What's the size of the digital copy? Do you know yet vic?

gpn

After much persistence, was able to place my order last night.

That was completely unexpected. We've never had a spike that hard, and we have the site on a pretty robust VPS. Something to prepare for before the next presale to try to minimize it.

You'll need stronger servers when you get that idolm@ster preorder going. ;)

OuterLimits

I wonder how the difficulty is on this game? Also can u grind some in free battles, or is everything story battles?

Reading the Wikipedia article it does say there are 8 different paths you can take during the game which is cool.

cj_iwakura

I wonder how the difficulty is on this game? Also can u grind some in free battles, or is everything story battles?

Reading the Wikipedia article it does say there are 8 different paths you can take during the game which is cool.

I hope people actually play this game. For all that CoH2 hype, no one was even playing it at launch.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
We haven't built a final version so I don't know exactly, but based on current builds, it should only be about 1GB.

Thanks! That should fit on my vita nicely by the time it comes out. Need to clean up my card soon.

I'm in for two! Very excited to play this game and very thankful GaijinWorks decided to bring it over. Looking forward to your future projects!

vireland

There are actually more than 8, kind of. There are some cameos from an earlier game that adds another couple slight path modifications in addition to the two main character choices with their 4 Cross (partner) possibilities.

In addition to the story battles, there are mission battles, kind of like the bounty board in Arc the Lad II where you can do side mission battles for special items or extras. Story + mission battles is like 70, so there's plenty of content to keep you busy if you want it all.

Summon Night while spin-offs are the only thing people in the West know people seem to really enjoy while the first Class of Heroes? Well....

So not too surprised and I think there will for sure be more people playing it when it comes out.

vireland

Can I expect a WD-style translation from this?

Was a huge fan back in the day.

CoH2 and 2G were WD-esque (I did the writing, after all). SN5 is the same. The overall tone is less goofy than CoH series, but the humor is still around as the scenes permit.

Top Bottom