• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summon Night 5 due out digitally in North America next week

Takao

Banned
Summon Night 5 for PSP®/PSVita 12.15.2015!

We're still waiting for the UMDs to complete the physical versions of Summon Night 5, but we've decided to put the game up on PSN and send out the codes to everyone that purchased the physical+digital version so the game can actually be played while we wait the seemingly eternal wait for the last (and arguably most important) piece we need to ship the physical version.

And so, Summon Night 5 will be on PSN next Tuesday, December 15th for anyone to purchase, and PSN codes will go out to those that bought the physical+digital bundle the day before so they are ready to download it once it's loaded in the PlayStation store!

SUMMON NIGHT 5 Game Description

When worlds collide and everything is turned upside-down, a new order SN5-final-cover.pngmust be created to keep chaos at bay. BandaiNamco’s Summon Night 5 is the continuing story of that order-keeping society, the Eucross, and the adventures their Summoners have keeping their world and the disparate races from the Otherworlds in balance. Players can choose to experience the story as rookie Summoners Folth or Arca, and one of four possible partners (their “Cross”), giving the game’s dialogue and feel a unique flavor on up to eight different playthroughs. What players see, and how the characters react depends on what characters are chosen at the beginning of each playthrough. But whatever choices a player makes, they’re in for a charming and sometimes tense Strategy-RPG adventure as they gradually unravel a plot that threatens the balance the Eucross is sworn to protect. The game features beautiful 2D and 3D art with battles presented in user-adjustable isometric perspective, and gorgeous animation that is a hallmark of Bandai Namco productions.

http://www.gaijinworks.com/

Price is $30.99

Can't wait. Supported the game as soon as the option was available to. I really hope we can get more of this series over here in the future.

Hubb

I'm happy they are doing it this way. Send out the digital code, it makes waiting for the physical release that much easier.

Shizuka

3k0Onxk.gif

From Vic on the GW forums.

Sorry, it's been busy!

Updated the main page with the news. We're getting down to the wire, and that unexpected 3+ week detour in November with the technical issue (not on our end) kind of messed things up. Sooo...rather than wait for the UMD manufacture to complete, we're putting the game on PSN next Tuesday and sending out the PSN codes to all the physical+digital purchasers. That way it can be downloaded by you all and purchased by those that were waiting for the digital release.

There are two cool surprises for those that bought the physical+digital version, and I've been really tempted to show them a couple times while this delay dragged on and on and on, but ultimately I've decided they're better left as cool surprises no other publisher I know of has done for their fans. So...worth the wait, I promise.

Until then, you can enjoy the actual game starting next Tuesday! Codes will go out via email to the P+D purchasers on next Monday so the code is in hand when the game goes live on PSN Tuesday (usually afternoon, PST). Game passed Vita certification, but PSTV whitelisting will probably take a while longer.

Oh, and finally, another tidbit about the packaging. We managed to fit the English version of the opening on the soundtrack CD. I wanted the soundtrack to be like the Japanese release, but I wanted to get the English opening on there, so I made it a "secret" unlisted track at the end of the disc. That way the track listing, packaging, etc, is similar to the Japanese release. The disc art is slightly different (the Japanese version was weirdly sparse), and the tray insert is slightly different, but overall it is very similar in look to the Japanese one.

I'll close with a mini-quiz: Which of the two posters is the one you hope to get? I go back and forth, but am lucky enough to get one of each so I don't have to choose! Yay! A perk!

White-listing is stupid, and it sounds like the poster for the physical version is double sided.

They better send me the code. Bought the limited edition last August via Amazon. I wanted to reconfirm that they still have my order. So I tried to tweet to their twitter account but never gotten a reply. I sent an email but no reply and I still can't post in their forums because I still don't have privileges..

Has anyone received the PSN code yet? I checked my email and nothing.

From what I can tell they haven't been sent out yet.

Now that this is coming out tomorrow (at least digitally) it's taken me a bit by surprise. I have so many other games to get through and I really want to give this the full attention it deserves.

Top Bottom