• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summon Night 5 (PSP) Physical + Digital Limited Edition Presale Live (Until Sept 7th)

Eusis

That's probably like Albert Odyssey going up against Final Fantasy VII. And no other game exists.

. . . Wait, Brandish came out. Fine, so Shining the Holy Ark too.

vireland

I think the message didn't change, it's still the same "code isn't valid" as always.

The errors can change depending on if you're doing it through the system or from the PC.

Hopefully we'll hear back from Sony. There's nothing we can do but wait with you since it's all handled on their side.

I will say, however, that if you have one of the OLED Vitas, you're in for a treat. The game looks GREAT on the VITA. I'm assuming the colors are extra-saturated because of the OLED, but it looks awesome.

Clive

I've been wanting to play a mainline Summon Night game for a long time so I'm pretty stoked this was unexpectedly brought over. Awesome with PSP games being brought over too since the window should realistically have closed by now tbh.

It's sad to see how many great PSP games are left unlocalized while we keep getting mediocre stuff for the Vita and 3DS.

Eusis

I've been wanting to play a mainline Summon Night game for a long time so I'm pretty stoked this was unexpectedly brought over. Awesome with PSP games being brought over too since the window should realistically have closed by now tbh.

It's sad to see how many great PSP games are left unlocalized while we keep getting mediocre stuff for the Vita and 3DS.
I suspect that, relatively at least, we're in a better position than we used to be. Hell, most of the best examples now seem to be ports of games from those periods when we habitually missed a lot of those great or at least very solid games for one reason or another.

On the other hand we probably had the most catastrophic failings of major companies since the 16-bit days (worse in some ways perhaps.) Xenoblade really didn't come off as the kind of game anyone else would've skipped on that intended to stay in the gaming business, Square got really weird for a period, and admittedly all the major publishers left some significant late PSP/DS games behind (though it sounds like some of those PSP games were of dubious value, such as Suikoden.) We seem to at least be more or less past that, whether it's that they got better about it (Nintendo, hopefully Square and Capcom), while some are just... not really factors anymore (Konami. :/)

Famassu

Wait.. Codes went out? I haven't been paying attention to this thread. I checked my emails but I didn't get a code...
Yes, like over a month ago already. Checked spam? Just ask them to resend the code if you can't find it anywhere.

Anyone knows when the physical copies will be shipped? Ordered via Amazon.
They found some bugs/glitches from the digital release after its launch and will address those before they'll start making physical copies, just so that the physical version is as perfect as it can be. Hopefully doesn't take too long.

Clive

This is the latest official word on the physical copies to my knowledge and it's from Gaijinworks' forums on the 4th of January:

We had to cancel the UMD that was the same as the initial PSN release, because no one wants an unpatchable UMD with a crash bug. Waiting on the timeline for the UMD without the bug. Everything else is ready, we just need the UMDs, but with only one factory in the world making them, it's a challenge.

Getting the UMDs made apparently takes time and they had to cancel the original ones because they wanted them to be free of bugs.

hesho

the last post i read was that they were hoping to ship out out the umds by the end of the month..... but i doubt that will happen.

Has there been any updates on the UMD? I hope this is still moving along for the next month or two.

You should have received this email two weeks ago:

It's been a long road, but the master UMD manufacturing samples for the physical version of Summon Night 5 have finally come in from overseas, meaning we're just a few weeks away from finally shipping the physical version. We want to thank you all for your patience in this process. We destroyed the original UMD masters that contained the Acquire Skill bug and created a new build that fixed not only that, but another minor bug and some text errors, so we could release the most error-free physical version possible.

Now that the physical release is close, we want to make sure that any of you that have changed addresses since the presale have a chance to update your shipping information. So, if your address has changed, please send an email to addresschange@gaijinworks.com and include your order number (or numbers), your old address, and the new address so we can update them in our database.

Also, Summon Night 5 on PSN has been updated with the same fixes we made for the new UMD, and the new version will be posted to the North American PSN today - YES, TODAY - sometime in the late afternoon. To get the new version 2.0 from PSN, simply delete the game from your device and re-download it. Be sure to check the version number in the store before you re-download, though, to make sure 2.0 is posted and you don't waste time getting the same version you already have.

Note that, due to quirks in the version numbering system between PSN and physical releases, the updated PSN version of Summon Night 5 is 2.0, which is exactly the same, content-wise, as the updated physical UMD that will ship, which is version 1.01. So once you get your physical copy, don't worry, you have the latest version, despite what the version numbering may seem to indicate.

Thanks again for your patience while we worked to get an error-free physical release to you. We think you'll be happy with the result once you have the awesome physical version and soundtrack in your hands, at long last!

Wonderful news. Say what you will about Gaijinworks. Sure Vic and company take their sweet time but in the end, they deliver. I really hope they have the honor of releasing the last PSP game in the west.

Razlo

I missed the pre-order news, so bought this from a store in Canada. No idea if I'll get the digital download code with it too, but appreciate the update here on the timeline of the physical release.

Wereroku

I missed the pre-order news, so bought this from a store in Canada. No idea if I'll get the digital download code with it too, but appreciate the update here on the timeline of the physical release.

You should have gotten the code as well unless VGP decided to stop giving them.

Eusis

Anyone submitted an address change and is still waiting on a response? I just have to hope things went A-OK there.

I just received my Physical Limited Edition today. A little disapointed to be honest. It wasn't shipped in just the Limited Edition box with no outer box. I also opened the box and only the Game (with case) and CD Soundtrack is in the box. I thought it was also supposed to include some additional items such as a poster. Maybe it's included in the game case? Can anyone confirm?

I just received my Physical Limited Edition today. A little disapointed to be honest. It wasn't shipped in just the Limited Edition box with no outer box. I also opened the box and only the Game (with case) and CD Soundtrack is in the box. I thought it was also supposed to include some additional items such as a poster. Maybe it's included in the game case? Can anyone confirm?

It's all there in the game case.
What is there to be disappointed about? They went above and beyond to get such a cool mailing box for the people who ordered it.

It's all there in the game case.
What is there to be disappointed about? They went above and beyond to get such a cool mailing box for the people who ordered it.

If the map is in the game case then I'm fine with it. Seemed like the empty compartment under the game case was where it should have been.

Wish they would have included an outer box to protect the nice box they provided, but the map was my main concern after waiting this time.

Top Bottom