• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Classic FM (UK) presents 2 video game music specials today (24/05)

jonno394

Well, they've said on twitter they'll happily take more requests so I think they're going to get into a rhythm of having occasional shows.

I'm thinking the activity/requests/response to both shows have shown them there is an audience out there which perhaps surpasses their usually listener numbers for SNATM. They'd be stupid not to keep repeating it a few times a year.

Dragnet

Such a good show, feels great to see videogame music getting treated with such respect. Hopefully popularity keeps increasing and they can do this once a month or something. And whoever is running their twitter is a hero!

Uzzy

Well, they've said on twitter they'll happily take more requests so I think they're going to get into a rhythm of having occasional shows.

Lets hope so. Two hours of video game soundtracks on a mainstream radio station can only be good, especially as Howard Goodall is showing them in a great light, rather than as some oddity.

mclem

A shame I didn't catch this from the start but the last hour or so was good stuff, finishing on a high note here with SotC.

It should be up on Listen Again in about an hour, and I'll post a download link when it is unless someone beats me to it.

javac

Really enjoyed this as always. I own most of these soundtracks but it's nice to have a varied playlist like this. You start listening to pieces you mightn't have paid attention to usually.

Dragnet

Are there any backed up downloads of old shows anywhere around? The link on their site to a 2012 show 404's and I want more! :(

Oh, sweet. My housemate conducted the music on Killzone 2. I'll enjoy catching up with this later. Looks like they played a pretty nice selection of stuff.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I heard Chrono, FF4 and Zelda music, and then (almost) everything turned into movie soundtrack wannabe stuff. I know I'm in the minority here, but that ended up being really disappointing.

gngf123

Ah, dammit. I missed both specials. Will they be archiving these?

Yes, at least for a short while. I have put the first of today's specials up in the OP and the second will go live in a little while.

The archive for the episode that aired a couple of months ago has expired already.

Or you have Raxious' Grooveshark playlist, which has the tracks that aired on these.

mcmmaster

ixk3ugf6hv0Cn.png

That spike!!!

Well that guarantees another show in the near future

Top Bottom