• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Classic FM (UK) presents 2 video game music specials today (24/05)

jonno394

Classic FM ‏@ClassicFM 2m
Coming up, a piece some would describe as 'Proper tidy!' from one of the world's best loved animation studios. Any guesses? #VideoGameMusic

A hint towards the british Ni No Kuni dub?

chadboban

If Xenoblade theme shows up on this show I will pee a little.

The Xenoblade theme in combination with the title screen is just incredible.
irCcMcYugIMkk.gif

Also, Journey's soundtrack gives me goosebumps every time I hear it.

Ni No Kuni will probably be played for sure.

Seems a given considering he said that he was gonna play something in connection with one of the world's most beloved animation studios. Can't really think of many other games that fit the bill.

jonno394

The Xenoblade theme in combination with the title screen is just incredible.

Also, Journey's soundtrack gives me goosebumps every time I hear it.

Yes I Sometimes cannot play the game until I have watched/listened to it all the way through once. Beautiful.

~Kinggi~

Banned
do U.S radio stations do anything similar?

Not really. There is a classical station in South Florida i sometime listen to that has a very short segment interviewing VG composers and playing music but it barely covers anything. Interesting though that even exists in old people country.

jonno394

DIdn't love Arkham City as much as most (got bored part way through) but the music was definitely a highlight. great score.

mcmmaster

Gosh I LOVE the main theme from Arkham City, after hearing the short tease of the Arkham Knight theme (In that GI reveal) I got goosebumps. Can't wait to hear it in full.

Bold One

Not really. There is a classical station in South Florida i sometime listen to that has a very short segment interviewing VG composers and playing music but it barely covers anything. Interesting though that even exists in old people country.

thats a shame, dont worry us Brits got you covered, we like picking up the slack like we did with the Game BAFTAs after the whole VGX debacle

As a reminder, a great deal of this is happening thanks to the efforts of a particular twitter acocunt, ClassicVGMusic, which has been campaigning and rallying people behind this cause for a while now. it's run by somebody within the industry. Follow them and help them to beat this drum to get this stuff to continue!

I'm glad we're getting a quieter, more thoughtful track from Skyrim rather than Dragonborn. Say what you will about the mechanics of Skyrim, the music was flawless.

Top Bottom