• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cloud Reveal in Smash Bros Reactions

shira

I've spent the last half hour watching reactions from his reveal. Here's Etika who I find is the funniest one lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4l4Ve1qpz4

Post your recorded ones or any good ones you find!

That's fucking sad.

larrydavid.gif

Mine was basically this

Same. That might've been cool 10 years ago, but Wii U is not a player in the console race anymore. Hell people are still playing SSBM from 3 generations ago. This ain't even the flagship game.

I've beaten FFVII twice and didn't recognize it, but then again I saw stars and immediately went into Wolf mode.

Fair enough. FFVII's opening & intro theme is way too recognizable for me to not catch right off the bat, so that's probably why I knew what it was as soon as I heard it.

That's fucking sad.

How so? Yeah, it's over the top, but that's his shtick. Nothing wrong with people being genuinely excited about something.

wmlk

Same. That might've been cool 10 years ago, but Wii U is not a player in the console race anymore. Hell people are still playing SSBM from 3 generations ago. This ain't even the flagship game.

Why does any of this matter at all?

User1608

Banned
Lmao, these are great. I reacted like the fangirl I am too. "Wtf, what's going on?" Was the reaction from someone around me.:p

Vecks

Even though I recognized the music, still I can understand if people didn't think FFVII right off the bat because it just seemed impossible. I think most people were just in shock or disbelief.

Puruzi

Banned
That's fucking sad.

what the hell is this post even lmao

Max's video was fantastic. Him prefacing it by saying "They'll never have Cloud because he's his own thing" for Final Fantasy Explorers was hilarious, considering the SMASH BROS reveal minutes later. Totally genuine reaction too.

Watching the other reaction videos mostly made me feel old, though. I instantly recognized the FF7 music and the starfield, but it took a lot of these reacters until the "x FINAL FANTASY" bit to recognize it. Then I remembered the game came out 18 years ago, when a lot of these YouTubers weren't even born yet, or if they were, they were like 3.

Anyway, fucking awesome reveal and I'm stoked that Cloud is in Smash Bros!!

???

I played FF7 on the PS1 the first year it came out, and several times since, and I didn't recognize the starfield or the music until the logo popped up. Get off yer high horse, lad.

Draxal

???

I played FF7 on the PS1 the first year it came out, and several times since, and I didn't recognize the starfield or the music until the logo popped up. Get off yer high horse, lad.

Seriously, people don't remember the opening a game that came out in the late 90s and they're getting called out on that?

Crayolan

FFVII:R reactions part 2.

Gonna have fun watching these.

Personally I was just laughing really hard at the ridiculousness of it all.

I recognized it from the very beginning. It's hard to forget that music after replaying FFVII so many times, lol. I was still in a bit of shock at the time, though. I was just thinking "Nahh, they didn't... did they?"

I recognized it from the very beginning. It's hard to forget that music after replaying FFVII so many times, lol. I was still in a bit of shock at the time, though. I was just thinking "Nahh, they didn't... did they?"

Same here.

Was surprised it didn't leak.

Good job Sakurai!

and Nintendo Ninja's

Dingle

Neo Member
My first reaction was confusion, because I was expected it to be Wolf and the "Smash Bros x..." at the beginning of the trailer made me double take because I didn't think they would start off with Smash Bros x Starfox, then I saw Final Fantasy fade in and the rest of trailer was just me laughing.

Nintendo got Snake in for Brawl, and now they've gotten Cloud in for 4 (has Cloud even been on a Nintendo console?). Meanwhile, Playstation Allstars doesn't even have Crash or Spyro. This whole trailer just highlights how badly Sony messed up that roster, the game would have sold pretty well if they had just forked out the money to Activision and SE.

KarmaCow

Seriously, people don't remember the opening a game that came out in the late 90s and they're getting called out on that?

I think it's fair to expect people losing their minds, barely able to breath over a character reveal to remember the iconic opening of the game.

shira

How so? Yeah, it's over the top, but that's his shtick. Nothing wrong with people being genuinely excited about something.

Reality streaming is like the new WWF. You have people that defend it to the death that it's some kind of genius performance art/entertainment and other people that are like get this shit out of my face.

Helenalive and Kaceytron are going to be billionaires this decade aren't they.
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

Malus

Happily clicking through Smash reaction videos

Xenoblade shows up in one for some reason

GOD DAMNIT :mad:

Siiiiiiiiiiigh. The reaction video with the kids in school was pretty good. Half the people were like "okaaaay" and some were freaking out.

Top Bottom