• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cloud Reveal in Smash Bros Reactions

Hoo-doo

Banned
I've never actually been that excited for anything in my life.

Well, you're probably not depending on a subscriber base on Youtube to pay rent. These guys live or die by their personas. The more exaggerated their reactions, the more people gobble it up.

Son Of D

Max is the kind of dude I'd trust with this, and he was entertaining. Other people, not so much.

Yeah. Especially when it comes to FFVII. He's said in a previous video that it's his favourite game of all time so I can trust his reactions to anything regarding VII being genuine. Maybe a hint of exaggeration but that's human nature with most people, wanting to play up something a bit for performance sake.

Razmos

Max's was really funny and made me smile

Etika's was ridiculously cringe worthy and over the top, as usual, really dislike his reactions.

J-Skee

I think I'm convinced now that FFVII remake will come to NX. Having Cloud in Smash is great, but there has to be more to it.

AdanVC

My reaction was just me with my mouth wide open the whole trailer and mentally thinking that FFVII Remake could also be coming to NX as well... Then I lost it. I'm not a big FF fan but I'm fortunate that the only FF game I have ever played is exactly FFVII with Cloud!

Exile20

Well, you're probably not depending on a subscriber base on Youtube to pay rent. These guys live or die by their personas. The more exaggerated their reactions, the more people gobble it up.

Or people are different. There are places which have butter carving contest and it is coveted. Just because you are not excited doesn't mean other people shouldn't

Max is such a genuine reaction, FF7 is his favorite game ever and holds a special place in his heart. You could see the gears grinding into overdrive in his head at the very first two notes of bombing mission lol

Do these youtube people have equally wild reactions in the opposite direction as well? Like, if they got bad news would they trash their room?

Canon

Banned
I have never experienced a fraction of the supposed joy they have felt. But, I did say out loud, "What the fuck?" when Final Fantasy's logo showed up.

Farsi

Loved both Etika's and Max's reaction. Rogers was good too.

Never played a FF game for more than 15 minutes, but I know Cloud from the KH series and am a huge smash brothers fan. That was enough for me to get crazy.

Had no idea Cloud even had a last name.

-Horizon-

Max is a HUGE FF7 fan and recently completed an FF7 playthrough on twitch, so it's clear he knew it was coming when it started.

I'm not much of an FF7 guy, but how they did the trailer INSTANTLY made me think FF7

The moment the music started, his face lol

Fireblend

Banned
Man, some of you guys are cynical as hell. I didn't get nowhere as excited as these people, but hating on them getting super excited for something they genuinely enjoy is some next-level shit.

larrydavid.gif

Mine was basically this
This x10

More like: "They pay me to react to things? Sure, I'll make videos."

That'd be my guess. The whole "I'm gonna stream myself watching this thing and lose my shit at each and every part of the itemized list, like comment and subscribe!" is so weirdly foreign to me. Long live the Youtube Generation :/

Majukun

I ike seeing reaction videos..but the reaction has to be genuine..that is definitely not the case for the guy in the OP...the other one thugh..max?seems genuine anough..maybe he cranked it up a notch,but it's belivable..the kid throwing paper and screaming his lungs out is not.

lethial

Reeeeeeee
Man, some of you guys are cynical as hell. I didn't get nowhere as excited as these people, but hating on them getting super excited for something they genuinely enjoy is some next-level shit.

I dunno man, some of them are so cringy. Like borderline fake reaction set up video cringy. I mean, who does that?

entremet

Maximillian's was great because he knows the games and industry so well.

He's also an oldster like me, so remembering FF7 wasn't that hard.

That was the game that shifted the fortunes of Sony and Nintendo that generation. Crazy stuff.

Puruzi

Banned
The OP's was real btw, he streams his reactions to the directs as they happen. Y'all need to chill with the fake stuff, if you don't like reactions why are you even in the thread?

Lucreto

larrydavid.gif

Mine was basically this

I was the same and I voted for Cloud back in April to be added to the roster.

He must have been a popular choice.

People should not look too much into NX for the FFVII remake. You will just end up disappointed. It's like the lofty expectations the Wii U had either this gif

The5thNintendoElement.gif

Don't expect all the third party's to jump back very quickly.

Majukun

The OP's was real btw, he streams his reactions to the directs as they happen. Y'all need to chill with the fake stuff, if you don't like reactions why are you even in the thread?

oh come on..he is acting and exaggerating the reaction..it's clear as day

Because I was going to give it a shot to see a real reaction. I believed the game trailers guys were close to reality at e3 this year. The guy in the OP you claim is real is certainly not that.

Edit: I really hope Cloud didn't win the fan poll. There are actual Nintendo characters that are better fits not in smash than Cloud.

Quonny

Really?

The OP is fake as hell. Of course it's "real time", he knows people watch him and plays up for the camera. Sorry, no one jumps up and down, randomly rips up paper, and shouts at the top of their lungs unless they know there's an audience. All for a single character reveal.

Max, though? Totally cool. He might be acting just a bit, but that's to be expected. The OP's dude took it way too far and it was cringey and embarrassing.

Puruzi

Banned
No, Etika actually acts that way. It's great. I was almost the same way too, but my roommate was in the room so I couldn't bug out.

I don't buy that most of these people are that big of fans in the first place. I think most of it is for show. The biggest YouTube personalities are the people who over exaggerate and play up their reactions and emotions.

Like, if you're the type of person to throw shit around and scream at the top of your lungs because Cloud is announced for Smash, you're probably also the type of person to know he was coming from the music intro, and the dude in the OP didn't even realize who it was until the FFVII logo popped up on the screen. Which is the same exact time I, a person who has never even played FFVII, realized who it was.

I mean, dude might like FFVII, but I think he was exaggerating his reactions because he knows that's what gets him views. The fact that he's done this before kind of speaks to this.
I didn't know all humans behaved the same way.

The guy is like that in all his videos.
I mean, PewDiePie is pretty much the same in all of his videos that I've seen, but I hardly believe that he walks around talking and acting like that in his day to day life. He does it on his channel because that's what people who watch his channel want to see.

Top Bottom