• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo discontinued worldwide, new program to follow

Members with Elite Status will be able to choose a downloadable game for 3DS or WII U from the same catalog regardless of their status? (Gold/Platinum)
I hope so! That saved me $60 last time. I'd rather have a free game over some stupid trash like a little plastic Peach or whatever.

SCReuter

iehLgIdbvvP1b.jpg

"All games will be available up to June 30th, 2015."

This isn't the final Virtual Console selection, right? Surely Nintendo's going to add more over the coming months?

I already have everything there except ExciteBike. Please offer some N64 games.

Garou

Am I reading that right? For 800 points you get ~$35 worth of eShop credit? That's amazing, why the heck did I redeem Picross last week! D'oh!

Yes, 800 points = 4000 Yen. Although you still have to remember that even under optimal conditions (5000+ Yen retail game, on 3DS eShop for double points + pre-registration-bonus + fast-register bonus) you usually ended up with "only" 100 points per game. So 8 3DS retail games on eShop kind of equal one more.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Please please please be a combination of the (expired) Wii U DDP promotion across all of their platforms with Club Nintendo registration. That would be spectacular, even if it meant there were less/no physical rewards besides the big end of the year ones.
DDP was basically just a 10% discount. Definitely not as good as what I've been cashing in with CN coins.

This isn't the final Virtual Console selection, right? Surely Nintendo's going to add more over the coming months?

They said they're going to add a bunch in February, so yeah you should wait.

Hope they put up Wind Waker HD as a platinum reward or something. I mean they put up DKCR3D last year. There's a chance!

Oh lawd.

THat's also not counting a bunch of games I never bothered registering because I already had platinum status and more coins than I knew what to do with LOL

This is a GOOD thing. Not a bad thing.

Club Nintendo was never very good. Maybe in Japan, but not in the west.

Excited to see what possibilities a more integrated, customer-friendly loyalty program bring in the future.

The possibility of discounted first-party software for big Nintendo spenders is an exciting thought.

-Horizon-

They'll put up some more stuff in February.

THat's also not counting a bunch of games I never bothered registering because I already had platinum status and more coins than I knew what to do with LOL
117089-Jurassic-Park-Sam-Neill-glasse-DrTU.gif

I'm keen to see if there is indeed a decent system to reward loyal buyers. It's become apparent to me that Nintendo has made it a recent priority to monetise current owners (Wii 'VC' on Wii U, DLC etc.) because with the Wii U at least, there aren't going to be many new buyers. It'll be worth it to keep the current user base happy.

Looking forward to seeing what physical rewards pop up in the US next month. Over 1000 coins have been sitting in my account for months. Would be cool to get something physical before the program rides off into the sunset.

jph139

Cool. I'm only 25 Coins away from Platinum, ~900 total... I'll wait and see if they have anything good in February. Hopefully some more VC games at least. And I'm looking forward to what they're offering for downloadable games for Platinum. Wind Waker would be awesome. Or Wonderful 101. Maybe even Pikmin 3?

Cross-posting from the NA Club Nintendo thread about the possabilities of the new program:

It seems like Nintendo may finally moving to the type of program Iwata hinted at in his 2014 Corporate Management Policy Briefing:

Iwata said:
On Wii U, we launched Nintendo Network IDs, which are abbreviated as NNIDs. This is the first step of our efforts to transform customer relationship management from device-based to account-based, namely, consumer-based, through which we aim to establish long-term relationships with individual consumers, unaffected by the lifespans of our systems. Our future platform will connect with our consumers based on accounts, not devices.

We will manage our relationships with our consumers through NNIDs in a uniform manner, and connecting with our consumers through NNIDs will precisely be our new definition of a Nintendo platform. In other words, our platform will not be bound to physical hardware and, instead, will be virtualized.

Iwata said:
Until now it has been taken for granted that software is offered to users at the same price regardless of how many titles they purchase in a year, be it one, five or even ten titles. Based on our account system, if we can offer flexible price points to consumers who meet certain conditions, we can create a situation where these consumers can enjoy our software at cheaper price points when they purchase more. Here, we do not need to limit the condition to the number of software titles they purchase. Inviting friends to start playing a particular software title is also an example of a possible condition. If we can achieve such a sales mechanism, we can expect to increase the number of players per title, and the players will play our games with more friends.

After the massive dropoff in the user base between the Wii and Wii U, Nintendo are probably working very hard to find ways to maintain a customer base between hardware revisions, and the new loyalty program will probably be a big part of this strategy. I'd expect the full details on the new program at E3.

Dude...WTF. Not 1 week ago I spent 300 coins on something cause of the drought of items. Now there's going to be tons of stuff to encourage spending and I gimped myself...great timing Nintendo.

I bet the left over amiibos will be put on the site , get ready for Mario, peach, DK, Yoshi

I wouldn't be mad though , I'd spend coins instead of money for those amiibos

Do it NoA

Conezays

Wow. I just got my Metroid t-shirt in the mail, and was looking forward to another cool shirt this year. Maybe there will still be some cool stuff before September, but argh.

I have a lot of games to register and do the surveys on. Hope their site, which has always been slow and often down, can take the traffic.

No way I'm hitting platinum this year, i'm 110 away from gold if anyone has any extra codes they are looking to give away I'll take them! PM me, it would be much appreciated

Edit: NA codes please

_woLf

If anyone has any NA codes they don't want I'll gladly take them. I actually like the game downloads for platinum :(

Top Bottom